It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain’s battle plan for war with Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
www.thesun.co.uk...

This is it by the looks of it.... possibly going off time frame 18 to 24 Months as Troops and Subs move into position to attack Iran!!

Was only a matter of time i guess....

What do you think will happen?

How long will it last?

Will Russia and China join Iran and retaliate? If they do, where does this leave us?

What i dont get is why would we be announcing any tactical plans to the World? Strange that... isn't it better to creep up slowly and i secrecy?

This could be real bad..... i only hope the Nukes don't go off!!!

www.thesun.co.uk...

Some of the story here:

BRITAIN is drawing up plans to send hundreds of troops and an extra nuclear sub to the Gulf as tension mounts with Iran.

Defence chiefs are convinced the UK will be swiftly sucked into any new conflict with Tehran's fanatical regime.

They say it is a matter of WHEN not IF war breaks out - with 18 to 24 months the likely timescale.

The Army, Royal Navy and RAF will have crucial roles if hostilities are triggered by president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's nuclear stand-off with the world.

The UK will first fly an INFANTRY battalion to the United Arab Emirates, our strong ally in the region, The Sun can reveal.

The move would be a public show of support, demonstrating that Britain is ready to defend the UAE it it comes under attack from Iran. The UAE is separated from Iran by just 34 miles of sea across the Strait of Hormuz.

www.thesun.co.uk...
edit on 26-2-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
So Murdock releases his new sun on Sunday paper after the news of the world scandal and...

Blam war with Iran

Im glad I dont believe a word that comes out of the sun or any other major tabloid newspapers!
edit on 26-2-2012 by RandalFlagg because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Are you from the UK? If you were you would know the sun is not a newspaper let alone a trustworthy source.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
You buy the Sun if you like exaggerated stories.

For example, the MOD might say to the Sun, 'We've had plans drawn for a conflict with Iran for years'.

Next day in the Sun 'War with Iran this year'.

The sad thing is, the people that buy this paper actually believe most of the rubbish they read in it. You're better off reading the Daily Mail, and that's saying something...
edit on 26-2-2012 by TrueInstinct because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I wouldnt read too much into the ''Nuke aspect'' as in all probability it is a nuclear powered submarine NOT a nuclear armed submarine. I say this as the MoD NEVER discloses where a nuke carrying submarine is lurking.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
There ya go...prbably armed with regular torpedoes and cruise missiles.....
its there to hunt the irna navy

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
So if 7 English Navy warships are in the gulf

And another two are defending or going to and from the iles Malouines.

With a guardship in the Caribbean to chase all those drug traffickers

What's left to defend England apart from the rustbuckets currently anchored in Fareham Creek ?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueInstinct

Come on you guys... you always say 'rubbish news from the Sun' 'not to be trusted' etc etc... but i seriously think this news is true!!

I'm gonna try find another source....

www.modoracle.com...(GetLatestNewsRSS.line,,,,all)_24417.html

www.scotsman.com...

I found this a very interesting page.... SIX ESCALATION SCENARIOS
SPIRALING TO WORLD NUCLEAR WAR

www.carolmoore.net...

edit on 26-2-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity
So if 7 English Navy warships are in the gulf

It's not the English Navy, frenchman, it's the Royal Navy. Get it right.

And another two are defending or going to and from the iles Malouines.

You mean the Falklands, I assume?

With a guardship in the Caribbean to chase all those drug traffickers

What's left to defend England apart from the rustbuckets currently anchored in Fareham Creek ?

Hmm, let's work it out shall we?

If 4 Minesweepers are in the Gulf, that leaves 9 for deployment elsewhere.

If 1 Type 23 is in the Gulf, that leaves 12 for deployment elsewhere.

If 1 Type 45 is deployed in the Gulf and the other is in the S. Atlantic, that leaves 1 (which is undergoing Sea Trials) with a further 3 under construction. By the way, the total for all types of Frigates and Destroyers in service is 19.

If 1 sub (unknown type) is in the Gulf and another in the S.Atlantic, then that leaves 5 SSN's and 4 SSBN's left to deploy elsewhere, with 6 more SSN's under construction or ordered.

Then don't forget the 2 carriers being built (first due for completion in 18 months) and the assortment of other naval vessels we have such as HMS OCean and the Amphibious assault ships.

Oh and before you bleat about not having any carriers at the moment, the UK hasn't operated a fleet carrier since 1986 and we've managed just fine. I'm sure we can wait until 2015 for the next fleet carrier to be ready.

See, instead of being a bigot and taking cheap shots at the UK whenever you can, a simple mathmatical excercise could have answered your question.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I will also add that HMS Westminster is being deployed to the Gulf as well.

She is a Type 23 and is due to replace HMS Argyll on station there.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Thankyou Stu, I think you summed it nicely

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Ok then, let's see where this navy of yours is Stumason. Now this is based on my best trawl of the net for current locations.

Destroyers/Frigates

HMS Argyll - Hormuz
HMS Lancaster - REFIT
HMS ron Duke - REFIT
HMS Somerset - Mount of Tariq
Monmouth - England
HMS Montrose - South Africa
Westminster - Outbound to Hormuz
Northumberland - REFIT
Richmond - REFIT
Sutherland - England
Kent - England
Portland - REFIT
Saint Albans - Hormuz

Daring - Hormuz
Dauntless - îles Malouines
Diamond - Sea Trials

Which means at BEST there are four destroyers/frigates in active service currently protecting English waters, does it not ? Or do you count ships in drydock as part of your total ?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
As ever, as PM Churchill said, the English navy is fit only for rum, buggery & the lash.

Looks like they've been royally buggered this time by the accountants at the MoD !!

Bet they're on a great pension, these whitehall paper pushers.

And there's more admirals in the English navy than ships !!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

And who exactly do we need to defend the UK mainland from?

Duplicit continental Europeans?

And as has been pointed out and as you are more than aware, it's The Royal Navy, not Englands Navy and many brave Scots, Northern Irish and Welsh serve in it alongside there English comrades.
Why do you constantly try to spread inaccuracies and wind people up?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Hmmm if this was from Prisonplanet or Rense.com then I might give it 10% of my time

But the SUN???? come on!!!

I get to read it most days as people at work buy it and I skim through it at brew times when I'm board....

If it said the sky was blue, I'd have to outside and check.

I may well be true but I just can't take anything serious from the sun.

18-24 months also seems far fetched! more like 2-3 !!!!! IMO

edit on 26-2-2012 by TrentReznor because: furthur writing

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Well, my point was that there isn't much to defend england with.

Stumason instinctively launched into attack mode and I've proven him wrong.

In naval terms, there really isn't much on station to defend england with, is there ?

Unless you're going to start counting tugboats and inshore patrol craft as part of your fleet totals.

So unpalatable as it may seem to you anglos, I'm actually correct.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

In fact you're so clueless on the subject, you can't even correct me on the three type 42's i forgot about, one of which is on station in SCOTTISH waters (although gets paid off for good in a few weeks)(and is currently weaponless, having unloaded all it's munitions), one is currently crewless and out of service in Portsmouth and another is, funnily enough, in REFIT.

5 for a couple of weeks. Then back to 4.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Murdoch media cheer leading for war. The same Murdoch media that hacks the phones of the families of dead soldiers. Only 50p though.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

So the UK is drawing up plans send "hundreds" of soldiers to the area with a nuclear sub.

in 1990 we sent 120,000 troops to Saudi Arabia. to take back Kuwait. And now??? to take on a country 4 times the size we send "hundreds"

Don't believe the hype. After all it is the Sun, and it is their first ever Sunday edition!!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The spin doctors are at work. Your post implies that this is a forgone conclusion, but if this newspaper is saying "WARR!" then is must be.

I find it harder and harder to give any credibility to any news agency who at the end of the day is just looking to fill their pockets. Bad news is good business with regards to reporting the news.

I would much rather rely on governmental press releases, formal statements and even blog postings from local residents over this.

I do not doubt that nations have begun to ramp up their military manoeuvres in a precautionary fashion, however I would not dot the "I's" and cross the "T's" on a declaration of war, which is what your making it sound like.

You are just fueling the hysteria fire, that makes people buy more newspapers and click the popular news links.....
edit on 26-2-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join