It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Arrest Father After His Daughter Draws A Picture of Him With A Gun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Yep, these stories just keep getting better and better.

KITCHENER — A Kitchener father is angry at police after he was arrested at his child’s school and later strip-searched at the police station, all because his 4-year-old daughter drew a picture of a gun in class.

“I’m picking up my kids and then, next thing you know, I’m locked up,” Jessie Sansone, 26, said of his ordeal on Wednesday. “I was in shock. This is completely insane.”

www.thestar.com...

So this is it huh folks? Two words come to mind for this 21st century story...
"Home Schooled."

I think I would have been shot if this was me instead of that gentleman being arrested by police. I am not a fan of being treated like a worst case scenario by a group of physically and mentally unhealthy fat heads with weapons and roid rage.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Yah jibby, I had seen AJ talking about this earlier today on youtube...

The thing that really kills me is... the guy doesnt even own a gun!! What the hell?!?!

So kids cant even be creative without getting attention from the "Safety Sallies"(a term coined by DSarti1 on youtube on Alex yesterday)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
They did all this, not for seeing a real gun, hearing a story of a gun, but for a picture a 4 year old drew of the dad with a gun. All this ordeal just for that.

So the TV can legally bombard children with all these images of guns and violence in cartoons and movies, also video games, but if the child now draws a picture of what they've seen, the parents can get arrested? This can happen at any time? Like I said - Home Schooling.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
So they immediately assumed that he had an illegally owned gun and was a threat to people due to the ownership of that gun and forced him to submit to a search all because of a drawing. Based on this logic, if she drew a picture of the father with another person, the police could assume he was planning on murdering that person or that person was a slave.
Pathetic, just pathetic. I am really shocked they called CPS because he had a gun. She is probably safer in their own house because of that gun than wherever the government would send her. And what is with that teacher, I drew many guns and swords when I was her age, how come no cops were ever called because of me and nothing violent ever happened relating to guns and swords?
I'm with you OP, home-schooling for sure.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

ok i have said this before -- just when are the people of the USA going to stand up for their bill of rights or their constitution because this sort of thing is viral next stop here in Australia its heading that way fast or the UK democracy HUH ??

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
isnt there other threads about this?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 25-2-2012 by TheGuyFawkes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by insanedr4gon

He didn't even own a gun.....and this was in Canada, not the USA

edit on 25-2-2012 by natters because: typo

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

This was Canada, do they actually have other than basic human rights?
This could happen in the US but it would be followed quickly by a law suit even before the ....charges (?) were dropped.
This sort of thing is just another gut check by the ptb, to see if folks are ready for the next phase is all.
If the ptb are wrong, they lose a couple million in tax dollars.
No big to them, they print the garbage.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGuyFawkes
isnt there other threads about this?

edit on 25-2-2012 by TheGuyFawkes because: (no reason given)

Yep, different titles, slipped by me.
I think there can be 2 active threads as long as one is in Breaking News and one is in a specific category. Whether that applies to mine after all the closed threads, probably not.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

This outrages me, but it doesn't surprise me. And it's a little bit funny, as I teach children, in Canada, but in a rural area, as opposed to the city this occurred in. (Kitchener is a small city, but a city all the same.) Anyway, the kids I teach are drawing pictures of guns all the time. Every chance they get, some of them. If I had to call CAS every time I saw that, well, ... it's just bloody ridiculous.

I bring up the city/rural thing because it does seem that in Canada, it is the urbanites who want all the heavy firearms legislation we have. I'll go poke around now and see if I can find a chart that shows how the different sectors of the population feel about it. I've seen one before, and there was clearly a divide. The 'citiots" want all our guns taken away. They don't hunt, and they're scared of guns. Hunting is a bad thing to do, because they make perfectly good meat at the grocery store. Didn't you know?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jebbaroo

I hear ya, same where I live. There are guns all around me, small town, lot of hunters, people doing their own things for years on the cheap. I use to live in a large city so it was something to get use to here in the supposed "Live Free Or Die" state. I'm not a fan of guns, but I'll defend someone's right to have one.

People who feel self entitled seem to want to dictate to others how they should live their lives, which is always the way the self entitled believe it should be. The 51% telling the 49% how to live kind of thing, which is ridiculous to me. Freedom is freedom and can't be voted away.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Can't believe I'm the one saying this..but has there been another side to this story posted by the "authorities" yet? Or is this actually as rage inducing as it appears. Cause if a drawing is all it takes, apparently these poor tykes' bedrooms are crawling with unicorns, ninjas and Justin Bieber. Scary...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by natters

Woops, didn't catch that. Thanks for pointing it out.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Blimey.

I wonder what would've happened to the dad if she'd drawn him with a fully-armed nuclear defense facility.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Whether in Canada, the US or the UK, surely the police would need "probable cause" or "reasonable suspicion" to perform an arrest? A childs' drawing is neither, at least in this context. It's not as if the child was asked by an adult to sit down and draw out something they witnessed, they simply drew a picture. When I was that age, I was forever drawing pics of my dad with guns, tanks and full scale battles going on, as he was a soldier and I looked up to him for it. The only concern that ever got raised when I received my reports was that my creative writing tended to focus on military

I would assume Canada has similiar laws as the UK and the person arrested would have recourse to make a complaint about wrongful arrest and harrassement with a view to receiving an apology and compensation.

top topics

join