It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I suspect there is a ghost in my bedroom..Help?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by creatureme

Well, let me just say that you are being very brave in the face of something that obviously scares you. I have had spirits around me ever since I was a kid and so has my husband, so it doesn't scare either one of us. At the same time, we aren't about to let one of them just run amok and keep us from living a "normal" life. Just remember that it is your home now, not theirs, and it's ok to tell them that. Be respectful but be firm...the energy you put out during moments of fear is something that is easy for them to feed off of and showing fear can actually increase the activity. I think you will do fine, especially since your partner is supportive of you. Please keep us updated!!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by DaTroof
Here's how you get rid of it:

Stop believing in it.There's no such thing as ghosts. It's all in your head.

Next time you lay down to sleep, don't even think about it.

Prove there's no such thing as a spirit.

Whereas there is numerous proofs that something paranormal exists and visits hundreds of locations throughout the U.S., not to mention the rest of the world.

This person wants help, he/she doesn't want to be patronized by narrow-minded trolls.

Your ignorance betrays you.
edit on CFridayam141452f52America/Chicago24 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Billions of people have lived and died on this planet, and yet there is zero evidence of ghosts. I've been alive for over 30 years. If ghosts were real, I would have seen one by now.
edit on 24-2-2012 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

Because YOU haven't seen one that doesn't mean they don't exists. This site has a motto is says "Deny Ignorance" maybe you should try that sometime.

@ OP, I would say something strange is going on and as a previous poster stated, try getting a new bed. IF in fact it is a ghost, it must has somekind of attachment to it. Maybe buy a new one? Just a suggestion.

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Ok, thanks for all replys good people! Im going to town to see some sort of show with modern dance now. And when we get back later tonite, the investigation starts. The recorder will take a couple of days to get, but im def gonna try that when I get a hold of it. Im sooo tired..Can't believe im going out.. I actually feel like staying home..

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Read the wiki on EVPs.

en.wikipedia.org...

Show me these photographs that are stone cold evidence.

ghostpicturesreal.com...

Some of these images should shake you...but then again, even the most skilled teacher cannot educate a student who doesn't listen.

And again: prove to all of us here at ATS that ghosts don't exist.

I find it hard to take the word of someone so close-minded. What is it you're afraid of? Why won't you accept there are things out there that can't be controlled or explained?

As long as you cling to fear, you shall remain in the dark. Remember this.

Namaste
edit on CFridaypm181801f01America/Chicago24 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
If you have a ghost in your home I wouldn´t worry too much,but yes they can be scary.I hope you don´t have a demonic entity in your home,now that would be more of a problem.Demonic entities seem to have a lot of patience and become more aggressive over time, so watch out for that. If this is the case,you may want to get a priest to bless you home. Since I have relocated from Canada to Mexico ,I have talked to many people about ghosts and demons.What they have told me is that they will burn chillies and say prayers.According to them this will get rid of the entity in your home.Good luck.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Condolences on your angel-kitty. I love my two, so much, I know how painful your loss must be.

About your house: We had a place that was built by the previous owner, then he died and it sat empty (due to probate) for years. Then, we moved in. My husband is a master carpenter and used to tell the former owner's spirit what a crappy job he did on the house. Nothing went flying through the air again after that, so I think telling him off helped.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I have a couple questions for you. The first one might seem a little strange, but it is relevant, I swear.

Are you a rather thin person? What position do you normally sleep in, and what position are you in when you feel the bed shaking?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Burn sage and tell him you're sorry and that it's your place now.

Good luck

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The spirit is trying to get your attention... Talk to it. It won't hurt you. You might just find that this spirit has a very special connection to you. Overcome your fear. Learn. Grow.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I have thought about trying to get this on film, but I think it might be a bit to weak to get on camera, but I can at least try.

This is a good idea. It's easy just to set your video camera up on your night stand or whatever and turn it on just before you crawl into bed. It doesn't hurt and you might be surprised at what you find. You might think its weak but it's obviously strong enough to get your attention so a camera should pick something up. Good luck.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I've browsed this site for years, this is my first post. It might sound like a joke, but please try this as it has worked for me.

I had issues with what seemed to be activity similar to yours in my old apartment.

There is a long story as to HOW I stumbled across this, but it's not that interesting. If I have time I might add it later.

At any dollar store, or craft store you can buy the thin glow sticks, you get a tube of them for a dollar. Activate the sticks and leave them near the area where you have the activity. (Under your bed maybe?) See if anything changes. Just humor me and try it please. All you have to lose is a dollar.

They last a long time, giving off a faint glow for up to a week. I would just bundle them with a rubber band and keep the old ones in the bundle. One tube of 15 sticks usually lasted about a month. Mine were in a hallway, and it bothered my ex when too many would be piled up and she would toss them sometimes (when I first started doing it). We both noticed a spike in activity that would go along with cleaning them out so she eventually stopped tossing them and would instead take some dead ones out and replace them with newer sticks.

I know this sounds stupid, please give it a try, it helped me and I want someone else to try it and see if it was random, or there is more to it then that. Please share your results.

All the time I've been here, this is what moved me to post.

edit on 24-2-2012 by DeadSlash because: To clarify

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by creatureme
Ok, thanks for all replys good people! Im going to town to see some sort of show with modern dance now. And when we get back later tonite, the investigation starts. The recorder will take a couple of days to get, but im def gonna try that when I get a hold of it. Im sooo tired..Can't believe im going out.. I actually feel like staying home..

You've had a ton of advice.

I just want to mention a couple of things before you start 'investigating.' First, if you try to communicate, you are possibly going to encourage this. Remember, if you communicate, you need to be very firm and demand it leave. You can show compassion. You can be kind. But you must reclaim your bedroom.

Intent is powerful. If you decide that in no way will you allow your sleep to be disturbed and tell it that, this is a good start. Smudging, I believe, also works because of intent - when it works.

All entities are NOT demons. Some are spirits of deceased people. Some are other things. But if you are being bothered, then it is out of line. Trying first to get rid of it by directly telling it to get out is not a bad start.

As far as paranormal groups go, be careful there, too. A lot of them don't know how to do clearings and just taunt and encourage more activity so they can get cool evidence. Some are good and care about helping. Just ask a lot of questions.

I have to speak to the photographic evidence thing. I not only believe in spirits, I've had experiences with them in our house. I am NOT a skeptic in that. But I'm not convinced that a camera can ever catch the non-physical. Sorry. If you can record or take pictures of the bed moving, then that's one thing. But as far as taking pictures of apparitions - not so much. Light anomalies - maybe.

I can't give you any definitive answer as to how to how to stop this. But in our case demanding some mutual respect worked. And we were getting some pretty dramatic stuff going on, too.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
When I 'feel' this I don't get a ghost, I get it's a leyline going wrong, right through your bed.

You will need a dowser or if you are sensitive you can do it yourself. Or you can use a pendulum (anything on a piece of string-something non-conductive, not a key or metal.)
(The pendulum turns in response to your own muscles picking up the EM fields, like a dead frog's leg jerking because of electricity. Nothing occult in it at all.)
Notice which way it goes round, then go near your bed.
You will have to program you and your pendulum, notice which way if goes around when you ask a postive question such as, Am I a woman? =Yes =____?___way.

If it turns the other way or stops over where you sleep, then a currrent is going through your bed and you are picking it up. In fact your energy might be enhancing it.

If that is the case you can either move your bed to a new postion, after you have tried the leyline energy or get a professional in.
If you can't afford one, then use some copper to redirect the energy. Put it down and see if it changes the line.
See if you can locate any energy changes outside your house too. Draw a map and see, if you can see any going through your bedroom. Maybe you can redirect the leylines out side. Use copper though, it's more efficient.
Just experiment.

There does seem to be a correlation between leylines and UFOs going along them= higher EM fields.

I am not picking up a ghost and I have seen a couple.

peace.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
smudge your whole house with sweetgrass,sprinkle salt around the windows and doors,demand the spirit to leave,
draw pentagrams at the windows and doors(IMPORTANT! bottem 2 points of the pentagram pointing out keeps the evil out,pointing in locks it inside!) wash onyx in salt water and let it dry in the full moon,then put it in thee window,this will absorb negative energy. you can try a dream catcher but they are tricky,because they do get filled up,then they start to 'leak' out negative energy!
just talk to it! it only wants attention. i have the same 'problem' with a 'guest' i have in my home! not my bed though,she likes to play with my clock!my clock is broken,but it keeps showing different times!
anyway,good luck! you might feel a bit empty if you manage to rid your house of this spirit,so be ready!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by Starchild23

Well said, friend. Assuming we already know it all is not the same thing as denying ignorance, and this world is a wide, weird, and mysterious place.

To the OP - smudging may be good (and even if serves no effect with the issue, will likely be enjoyable regardless), but it's also worth considering that the shaking itself might be some sort of ideomotor effect on your part - unconscious movements that your body is making.

As far as the duvet and pillows - could possibly be simple absent-mindedness, you might have someone squatting in your house and using these items (it has happened before, people living in the walls or cubbyholes!) with you unawares, or you might actually have something less explainable going on. As long as it's benign, I honestly wouldn't get too wrapped up about it - just because something isn't understood doesn't mean it should be feared.
I simply wouldn't encourage it by trying to interact, but otherwise would probably just shrug it off barring further escalation.

And if you're of faith, no need to reach out to others if it comes to that point - all christians have access to his
authority. Stay safe out there.

Thats it. I know for a fact strong fath in His name will overpower anything. OP I wouldnt recommend a priest, either. Are you still having problems?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Here's a thought.

Get a video camera and record the bed shaking for analysis.

One of two things will happen:

1) it will stop, in which case, great
2) it will continue, and you'll have some excellent footage of the paranormal

Preferably you should do this when you are alone as it will help rule out your husband making the movements. This should not be too hard, as you seem to imply you can experience this happening almost at will.

My guess as to what is happening here is that there are slight natural movements moving the bed which is likely sensitive to movement, which is why a new bed might help. I think it is probably happening all the time but by focussing on it you are making yourself more sensitive to the movements.

EDIT: Just realized I'm not the first to suggest the camera. Definitely think this is the way to go!
edit on 25-2-2012 by humphreysjim because: blah

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I'm going to have to side with DaTroof here. The whole "prove there's no such thing as a spirit" argument is not a valid one. The burden of proof lies on the individual(s) making the claim (i.e. ghosts exist).

Additionally, you say there are "numerous proofs that something paranormal exists and visits hundreds of locations throughout the U.S., not to mention the rest of the world.” If that were the case, then ghosts/spirits would be overwhelmingly accepted by the scientific community. Many of these so called ghost hunters use scientific instruments; but using scientific equipment doesn't make you a scientist.

Lastly, even though the Higgs Boson is a theoretical particle that has yet to be discovered, scientists are taking the time and money to prove its existence (i.e. the LHC). My main point is that physicists wll not claim the Higgs Boson to be real without concrete peer-reviewed evidence.

I'm really not trying to troll. In fact, the reason why I clicked on this thread is to keep an open mind and see if the OP had any convincing evidence of ghosts.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Try sleeping alone in the spare bed temporarily. It might be something your husband is subconsciously manifesting. At least you can try to narrow down the possibilities.

Did you ask your brother if he went into the bedroom closet looking for something - like a pillow or blanket?
Maybe he moved things. Just a thought.......

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
You've already been given links for the LBRP, so I won't give you another. Google Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram; my bandwidth is sadly very limited, right now.

Banishing and smudging are both good ideas, but in the case of a spirit who really wants to cause problems, they will only buy you time. The LBRP will get you 24 hours of peace, usually.

If symptoms persist, however, you'll need to call for a doctor; witch doctor, that is.
If you're living in America, and are in the South, I'd probably look around for a bokor; having African American friends there might help. A Catholic priest might be able to do the job, but then again, exorcists are usually a minority in their ranks.

If you do need to get outside help, however, having some idea of the history of the house will be very valuable. You will want to know if there have been deaths there; the main goal will be to positively identify the spirit. Names are very powerful, and once you've got one, you can either ask the spirit to go to the light, (the carrot method) or ask a friendly Godform or major spirit to take out the rubbish. (The stick)

Good luck with it. Jai Kali Ma!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Hi Creatureme,

What always helps me it to communicate with the presence at hand. I mentally or out loud, tells it that I know its here, but that this is my place and that I do not feel comfortable, or that I feel invaded in my private space. It allmost always helps. Sometimes it retreats to a corner of the house or it goes away. I am particuly stern about my bedroom and bathroom. No one is allowed there but who I invite in....

BUT!!!!!! When you feel that it is a nasty, evil thing. When you feel threatened, do not communicate!!!! Let a professional deal with it.

An other thing... It may be yourself. Be critical. How are you feeling, is there something upsetting you, beside your rocking bed. I experienced things happening when I am feeling very upset or unhappy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join