It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I suspect there is a ghost in my bedroom..Help?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Just go in and firmly tell it to leave you alone, and you will leave it alone. Tell it that if it doesn't stop messing with you, you'll have it exorcised, and that you would rather just share the space peacefully, without mischief.
Just tell it to "stop that" when the bed starts shaking.

My dogs have recently taken to staring over my head, with odd expressions, and barking at the bedroom doors. All three of them.
I've been here for 5 years now.

I keep telling them that if we're haunted, it's harmless. Probably the old guy that built the house, who was the owner before me. He died in the house. I keep telling him that he did a crappy building job, I've heard he was drunk when he was building it.

The only thing that's changed, since before they started doing this, is my kitty died. She was 19.
Don't get a cat though, unless you're prepared to be a kitty mom for the next 20 years

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I love cats! They're usually willing to enjoy quiet time with you more than dogs...and they don't need as much exercise!

Anyway, I've heard that this works too. My problem with the "command" method is that it can sometimes instigate a dormant spirit that isn't entirely awake yet. "Commanding" a spirit can be construed as authority over an area that it views as its own, and could swiftly lead to a confrontation.

I don't like establishing authority with any spirit unless I know exactly who or what I'm dealing with. Often, focusing on it gives it the energy to manifest, so I would ignore it and thus rob it of its ability.
edit on CFridayam565621f21America/Chicago24 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I'm not a troll, I just don't believe in the same things that you do.

As far as EVPs, those are radio transmissions caught by sensitive equipment.

Unexplained photos always have an explanation.

I use logic, you use superstition. There's nothing wrong with either viewpoint. I just favor a scientific approach.

link   
reply to post by creatureme

Have a Christian friend or you yourself if you are a believer, bless some olive oil and annoint the home at the door posts asking for all evil spirits to leave and not return .

If this is done by a true believer in the name of Christ it will work.

One last note , all souls go to God when they die so of you have paranormal activity it can only be demonic no matter what it professes to be to a pyschic . These demonic entities will act as a child or whatever to gain your trust and try to take over your physical realm .

Good luck .

edit on 24-2-2012 by Azadok because: I kan toooo spel

link   
Friend of mine had a 'dirty old man' ghost in her house growing up. It was an old funeral home. The undertaker had died. He went around after death ... um ... 'bugging' the living women. He'd sit on their beds and breathe heavy. They could hear his breathing. etc etc.

BTW .. sleep well.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

His name is Larry the "the ghost"

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Well at least it has 't escaladed to more aggressive manifestations.
A friend of mine has a haunted appartment and has had a couple of aggressive interactions with the spirit in question. She woke up one night, with her wrists pressed up against the matress, so hard she couldn't move helpless. She even saw the face of the entity in a vapory image at about one feet from her face ( clearly seen it.

I know it's a long run but, cats. She has two cats and whenever they slesp in her room she actually sees the entity at her bedroom doorstep but they don't enter the room. Try getting a cat, protector of the evil spirits, and get close to him, love him, care for him and make him yours, he will keep you safe.

Peace and much Love and to who wrote that ghosts do not exist, I'm sorry buddy but I've been in touch with my grandfather who died 15 years ago through meditation. He is my guardian angel. I know this and do not need laboratory tests to prove me I'm right/wrong. All you need is Love - the beatles

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

I use logic, you use superstition. There's nothing wrong with either viewpoint. I just favor a scientific approach.

Logic? Let me show you logic.

As far as the recordings go, voice recorders are not built with the equipment required to catch radio broadcasts, otherwise they would be called "radios", not recorders.

Pictures, especially old ones, have a very limited means of "faking" or "mistaking" images. There have been multiple instances in which professional photographers have examined the film and stated "There is no explanation for how this could have happened. I don't know how to explain this." These are people paid to know these things...and yet they are helpless to explain away ghost appearances.

You have yet to so-called 'debunk' (I hesitate to use the term, for you've only delivered tripe) the hundreds of eye-witness accounts, which feature in programs all across America. Haunting in Connecticut? Amityville Horror? Yes, that one does exist...it's been reworked by Hollywood, but there is a true tale behind it. Trust me, I have the man on Facebook.

You don't use science, you use opinion. Opinion is not science, especially when your opinion ignores science AND logic. Logic? You dare speak of logic? I have just torn your logic to shreds, and rebuilt a monument in its place.

edit on CFridayam080834f34America/Chicago24 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by DaTroof

Logic? Let me show you logic.

As far as the recordings go, voice recorders are not built with the equipment required to catch radio broadcasts, otherwise they would be called "radios", not recorders.

Pictures, especially old ones, have a very limited means of "faking" or "mistaking" images. There have been multiple instances in which professional photographers have examined the film and stated "There is no explanation for how this could have happened. I don't know how to explain this." These are people paid to know these things...and yet they are helpless to explain away ghost appearances.

You have yet to so-called 'debunk' (I hesitate to use the term, for you've only delivered tripe) the hundreds of eye-witness accounts, which feature in programs all across America. Haunting in Connecticut? Amityville Horror? Yes, that one does exist...it's been reworked by Hollywood, but there is a true tale behind it. Trust me, I have the man on Facebook.

You don't use science, you use opinion. Opinion is not science, especially when your opinion ignores science AND logic. Logic? You dare speak of logic? I have just torn your logic to shreds, and rebuilt a monument in its place.

edit on CFridayam080834f34America/Chicago24 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Read the wiki on EVPs.

en.wikipedia.org...

Show me these photographs that are stone cold evidence.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

Wow! I experienced SP also about four months ago, sensing a terrifying entity at the foot of my bed. One of the reasons I am having a hard time falling asleep these days. But it only happened that one time and never since.. The shaking has been there since we moved in, (about one year!) only to realize just now that it was'nt my partner doing this. I also hope we figure this one out, Its really hard for me to ignore this when not finding a logical reason for these occurences.

I also have a dog, but she is always a bit edgy - and can't tell if its due to this invisible force or her tragic past. (rescue dog) I had her sleeping with me in the couch this morning and she slept like a baby. But sometimes she is crying in her cage in our bedroom, and that's scary - this is new, happend recently - but not frequently, its not normal for her to be crying in the cage at night.
edit on 24-2-2012 by creatureme because: editpiaf

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I love cats! They're usually willing to enjoy quiet time with you more than dogs...and they don't need as much exercise!

Anyway, I've heard that this works too. My problem with the "command" method is that it can sometimes instigate a dormant spirit that isn't entirely awake yet. "Commanding" a spirit can be construed as authority over an area that it views as its own, and could swiftly lead to a confrontation.

I don't like establishing authority with any spirit unless I know exactly who or what I'm dealing with. Often, focusing on it gives it the energy to manifest, so I would ignore it and thus rob it of its ability.
edit on CFridayam565621f21America/Chicago24 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

I've lived in 3 houses now, where I know that one of each of the couples that lived there, died from old age. I guess it feels like they belong there too, that was their house before they passed. No bad experiences.

I lived in another house that gave me a couple of weird experiences, but still nothing bad. One of them, a large mirror fell off in the bathroom, and somehow landed completely in the bathtub, saving me a lot of cleaning. It made it very easy to get up the glass. There's no way it should have landed in the tub, it had to go across 3 feet of floor space, and make a left turn.

My husband said it must have caught a wind draft to pitch it hard left, but a wind draft from an electric baseboard heater? The mirror weighed at least 10 lbs.
I did say thank you, to whatever reason the mirror didn't land all over the floor....

I just assume that if there's ghosts/spirits, we all live with them, we just have to learn to get along. I've had enough weirdness to know that there's more than what we see in this world, and I hope I don't ever have a truly scary experience.
I know fear brings on bad mojo......

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

If this is a ghost - it's annoying. And weak. Rocking the bed and switching duvets with pillows??! It feels like someone is trying to get my attention.

Actually, if you really do have a spirit in your bedroom then it is most definitely not "weak" at all. It takes tremendous energy for them to move things in the physical realm and shaking your bed hard enough to wake you indicates a very strong presence indeed. Having said that, you state that you always have issues with falling asleep, so are you a "light" sleeper? For instance, I sleep so lightly that if someone stands next to me, I will immediately open my eyes and be wide awake...been that way my whole life. It would take very little movement to wake me, whereas my husband could sleep through a typhoon. So I'm curious as to how hard the bed actually shakes, and is it possible for you to film this actually happening.

Have you lived there very long and if yes, are any renovations being done? Have you told your partner about the bed shaking? It seems that the activity is confined to your bedroom, which would probably be relatively easy to perform a cleansing ritual (ie. "smudging") on and it would be really helpful if your partner participated in that. Also, you can't approach it with the mind-set that you are "getting rid if it". If this is truly a ghost, then it is someone who once lived, and they probably consider that bedroom to belong to them or have some emotional attachment to it.

You said you don't want to involve a priest, and unless you are being harmed in some way (scratched/bitten) or are hearing growls or anything else indicating a demonic presence, you probably don't actually need a priest. Most cities have paranormal groups who will go to your residence and do an investigation for you. They are professionals and they know what they're doing...you don't even have to be present during the investigation.

Obviously this is scaring you somewhat and if it is a spirit you want it gone, but it is possible to live peacefully with a spirit in your home. It most definitely is trying to get your attention by shaking the bed, and probably got excited by the fact that it HAS gotten your attention, which is why it keeps happening. This will probably sound crazy, but you might just try to sit down and talk to it. Tell it that you are happy to share your space with it, but that you really need your rest and when it shakes the bed like that, it frightens you and keeps you from sleeping. Tell it that you don't want it shaking the bed anymore and if it does, that it will no longer be welcome.

If things don't improve after either talking to it or smudging your bedroom, I would strongly urge you to contact a professional for assistance. And if anything threatening starts happening, any physical assaults or activity that could put you in danger, I would call someone right away...no hesitation.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok

Have a Christian friend or you yourself if you are a believer, bless some olive oil and annoint the home at the door posts asking for all evil spirits to leave and not return .

If this is done by a true believer in the name of Christ it will work.

One last note , all souls go to God when they die so of you have paranormal activity it can only be demonic no matter what it professes to be to a pyschic . These demonic entities will act as a child or whatever to gain your trust and try to take over your physical realm .

I don't believe all ghosts are demonic, I think some might just stick around for reasons that only they know.
If they're all demonic, well, then I guess I have some friends on the dark side.

Also, you don't have to be religious to believe that you can get along with your ghosts. They are not just Jesus's territory. That unseen side of this world pre-dates Jesus.

Although, I have had some problems at night before, feeling like something was trying to separate my spiritual self from my physical self. It was during dreams, and I threw some fits, and whatever it was, eventually left me alone.
Just say NO, and a few other words, that I cannot repeat here.

Don't fear, fear feeds the problems.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I agree, the last thing I want to do is to upset the thing, whatever it is. I do know.. that it probably was a bad idea to scream and showing the room my finger this morning, but i was SO tired and cranky. No matter how much I read or think about ghosts I am still afraid. I always get terrified by the thought of "meeting" one. It is really hard to approach this with positivity

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I agree with you...they share our space and unless they're doing something harmful it just seems easier to live with them. We currently live in an apartment and right when we moved in, things started going missing or turning up in odd places...we knew there was someone here. One day I was putting dishes away and two heavy coffee mugs practically flew out of the cabinet and if I had not ducked, would have hit me right in the face. Right away I said "That was not very nice of you. I will no longer share this kitchen with you if you do anything like that to me again."
I sense very strongly that it is the spirit of an old lady. But she behaves herself, other than moving things around and she freaks my cats out, so I let her stay. I figure she has seniority lol.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It's probably not a ghost and if it is at least it's not anything bad. You could always try out something called the radio shack hack box. I was pretty skeptical and like you, never experienced anything paranormal. I tried out this hack shack thing I saw on a YouTube video (might still be there if you look it up). I took my box to Hollywood Cemetary in Richmond VA and got some pretty unexplainable results from my visit. It's been years since then and unfortunately lost my recordings but I can say it's a very useful. Just a suggestion if you want to know if your place is haunted

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

This person wants help, he/she doesn't want to be patronized by narrow-minded trolls.

Which begs the question: what are said narrow-minded trolls doing reading threads like these to begin with? You would think they would steer far clear of something they profess such utter disbelief in. Very odd, don't you think?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tigertatzen

Thank you so much for posting this! Yes, I am a VERY light sleeper, and sometimes I get medicated for this. When I was woken up that day by the shaking when my partner had gone to work, it was strong. Even tho I am a light sleeper, I am a heavy sleeper when I finally have managed to fall asleep and it was really scary to be woken up by that extra hard movements of the bed.

It's like a rocking movement, not heavy shaking. When it happens at night it's very fast, it lasts for 2-3 seconds and then stops to start again when I have calmed down. I have thought about trying to get this on film, but I think it might be a bit to weak to get on camera, but I can at least try. But I am first going to get my partner to see if he can feel this too this weekend. I told him but he isnt really a believer of such. (Hope he will notice the shaking and changes his mind) He wouldnt mind joining in a cleansing ritual, he is very supportive of everything I do.

Yeah, a priest would be a bit too much I guess. But I will def try to find some paranormal investigators in my town and its likely I will find someone, IF smudging doesent help. And I will try to talk to it also, even tho its scaring me. The couch I sleep in by the way, does not shake - so I have come to the conclusion that its not me doing it in some kind of pre-rem sleep or something like that. But I am so def gonna make my partner help me verify this..

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MintBerryCrunch

Is that like a "spirit box"? Now I am going to have to look it up...very intriguing. Another idea would be to simply get a digital recorder. First time I ever used one I got a Class-A EVP 17 seconds in...I think the thing cost me like 30 bucks at The Evil Empire (aka.Walmart).

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by tigertatzen
reply to post by MintBerryCrunch

Is that like a "spirit box"? Now I am going to have to look it up...very intriguing. Another idea would be to simply get a digital recorder. First time I ever used one I got a Class-A EVP 17 seconds in...I think the thing cost me like 30 bucks at The Evil Empire (aka.Walmart).

A friend of mine has this really expensive recorder that journalists use, I am going to borrow it and use it!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join