It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I suspect there is a ghost in my bedroom..Help?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This is weird. I have always been afraid of having an encounter with a "ghost" or some form of energy and now I think I have..

Ok, the thing is my partner sleeps like a rock. When he goes to sleep, he is out like a light within 5 minutes.
I have had some bad sleepingpatterns lately and I often have a really hard time falling a sleep. I often lay awake at night trying to tame the cluster of thoughts and worries etc. And every time I am about to fall a sleep the bed starts shaking! Not violently, like in the movies but a weak, rockinglike movement.

This has been going on since we moved in here but I have always assumed it was my partner's feet or something that created this movement in his sleep. Until I woke up a couple a days ago, by the shaking, AFTER my partner had long gone to work. I have never woken from this before, I have always felt it at night while my partner was in bed with me - assuming all a long it was him doing these movements. He doesent care about this, and he sleeps like a rock so he doesent feel anything.

It doesen't quite stop there either - about two weeks ago, my brother was spending the night here and I was fetching the "guest" duvet from the usual spot - In a giant bag on top of our closet in the bedroom. There was no duvet there! I found 4 pillows instead! I forgot about it after scratching my head for ten minutes and got him a sleepingbag instead. Then he spent the night here again about a week ago, and I came to think of the 4 pillows I had found and went to check the bag again - guess what? The friggin duvet was back and the 4 pillows were gone. It was the weirdest thing. I asked my partner over and over again about this, and he has not touched the duvet, moved it or lend it to anyone.

I am SO tired today! went to bed about 3 in the morning, lay there in bed with my snoring partner besides me, waiting for the shakes (had to check it out again before posting here
) Got really frightened when I realized that the shakes were in fact there. No sleep at all, got up about six when partner went to work, I screamed into the bedroom " Friggin stupid bed, bedroom!!!!" while showing the finger aggressively towards thin air. And now I have slept in the couch for the millionth time because of this, I am exhausted, I only got 4 hrs sleep. I am so glad the couch doesen't shake.

The strenght of the shakes varies obviously, since I was woken up by this when I was alone. I also thought it might have been cars or trucks outside, making the ground shake. But I tested it last night.. No cars or anything outside during a couple of shakes. Since this is something that usually occurs while I am about to fall asleep - I pretended to be asleep while "testing" last night. The shakes started. I got up, no shakes. pretended again, shakes, got up, no shakes.

If this is a ghost - it's annoying. And weak. Rocking the bed and switching duvets with pillows??! It feels like someone is trying to get my attention. Or just messing with my head, I dunno. Whatever it is, it seems to be escalating.. at a very slow pace..

Any suggestions of how I can get rid of this? Uhm.. don't want to get a priest involved and I don't know any clairvoyants.. Can I rid this myself? Bah.. I don't even know if this is in fact a ghost..

Love
edit on 24-2-2012 by creatureme because: editpiaf

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I would invest in a new bed, it sounds like the current one may be broken.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by creatureme

i had a similar problem try smuging your entire house, im not even a native and it worked for me
www.snowwowl.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Here's how you get rid of it:

Stop believing in it.There's no such thing as ghosts. It's all in your head.

Next time you lay down to sleep, don't even think about it.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Have you tried switching beds with the other rooms?

The spirit (if it is in fact a spirit) maybe be particularly attached to that bed, or maybe the fact that you are a woman sleeping in it.

Also, you could try just switching rooms. Move everything from your current bedroom into another one...but first test the bed idea, to see whether or not you should leave it, or even if the other bedroom is a good idea.

Have you told your partner about this yet?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Prove there's no such thing as a spirit.

Whereas there is numerous proofs that something paranormal exists and visits hundreds of locations throughout the U.S., not to mention the rest of the world.

This person wants help, he/she doesn't want to be patronized by narrow-minded trolls.

Your ignorance betrays you.
edit on CFridayam141452f52America/Chicago24 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The first thing I'd do is check to see if your bed is completely level on the floor. Buy a new bed if you can. Move the furniture around in your bed room, see if it still happens...and most important of all. Get some blessed sage and cleanse your whole home, starting with the bedroom of course.

Des

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

creatureme,
Thank you for your share and sorry about your experience. The reason I am responding so fast is because I now know I have had a ghost or spirit around me for some time who really freaks my dogs out when I start to go to bed. I am so glad you posted the experience of the bed shaking so that I know Im not alone(even though im not glad our beds are shaking due to unknown reasons) but I do have a kind bed with my hard sleeper of a partner. & when I started experiecing my bed shaking, I then experienced sleep paralysis and have not slept in that bed since...I sleep downstairs on my pull out couch and still hold on tight to my two tough blue pits at night who act like babies when they see whats watching me...I try to close my eyes and the puppies are staring above my head..only to get scared and hide their faces under my arms. I do hope some one here can help explain these occurances a little more. I will tell you that ignoring my entity has helped some, by no means has it left..but its stopped being so mean so to say.
Thank you for sharing! I hope we figure this out...Best of luck to you creatureme.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Whereas there is numerous proofs that something paranormal exists and visits hundreds of locations throughout the U.S., not to mention the rest of the world.

This person wants help, he/she doesn't want to be patronized by narrow-minded trolls.

edit on CFridayam141452f52America/Chicago24 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Billions of people have lived and died on this planet, and yet there is zero evidence of ghosts. I've been alive for over 30 years. If ghosts were real, I would have seen one by now.
edit on 24-2-2012 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Billions of people have lived and died on this planet, and yet there is zero evidence of ghosts. I've been alive for over 30 years. If ghosts were real, I would have seen one by now.

Maybe they are discerning ghosts....it's a two way street with them you know.....

Des

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Can't switch rooms, the other one is to small for us and is planned to be a nursery when I finally get pregnant
And this is the only bed we have! I have told him, but he doesen't believe in ghosts, but at least he's not patronizing me like *Da Troof*. Maybe I should get him to pretend to be a sleep with me this weekend, just to check if he can feel this to. No, im def gonna ask him. or make him

Hmm, the bed being broken? I have checked it.. All the screws and everything is in place. A bed rocking by it self is pretty scary.

But doing some sort of ceremony is something I could do, just need to find the right one. And I need help from those who are experienced with such things, I actually don't know what to do. Except from buying a new bed, but if it is a ghost then the new bed also would be affected probably?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

maybe they dont want you to see them in fear of being trolled on

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Well said, friend. Assuming we already know it all is not the same thing as denying ignorance, and this world is a wide, weird, and mysterious place.

To the OP - smudging may be good (and even if serves no effect with the issue, will likely be enjoyable regardless), but it's also worth considering that the shaking itself might be some sort of ideomotor effect on your part - unconscious movements that your body is making.

As far as the duvet and pillows - could possibly be simple absent-mindedness, you might have someone squatting in your house and using these items (it has happened before, people living in the walls or cubbyholes!) with you unawares, or you might actually have something less explainable going on. As long as it's benign, I honestly wouldn't get too wrapped up about it - just because something isn't understood doesn't mean it should be feared. I simply wouldn't encourage it by trying to interact, but otherwise would probably just shrug it off barring further escalation.

And if you're of faith, no need to reach out to others if it comes to that point - all christians have access to his authority. Stay safe out there.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Will power seams to be one important factor in getting ghosts to move on, if that is what it is. It is still quite a hazy and uncertain topic, but lots of documented cases around. Using compassion and empathy does seam more successful than anger or fear. If things are getting worst then reassess your approach.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGuyFawkes

I've offered real psychological help for the OP. What's your idea?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

heres a how to sage cleansing www.ehow.com...

i usually do this ^ except i walk around with sage and wheat grass burning and ask the spirits to leave by saying "by the power of The Christ i ask you to leave"

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Ever been to Poveglia island? It's off the coast of Italy.

It was first used as a receptacle for funeral pyres for plague victims, before they built an asylum where a doctor tortured and killed the patients. It is still speculated as to whether he jumped from the bell tower...or was pushed. They say it's more ash and bone than it is land now.

Basically, it is one of THE most haunted places on the planet. I do not exaggerate when I say this. You will be hard-pressed to find a place with more paranormal activity, aggressive or otherwise, than Poveglia island.

My challenge to you is to visit the island and stay there for one night. Roam the island, explore...but don't die. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to get there, because the rumors and reports have rendered it inaccessible to the tourist population.

Here's a video of an investigative team exploring the island.

Also, the Higgs Boson particle has yet to be isolated. Yet we believe in this. Why? Because of overwhelming evidence, and the implications it has in physics. How are you going to debunk the hundreds of unexplained photographs and EVPs captured by paranormal investigators?

As I said, you are a narrow-minded troll. You could stare a legitimate ghost in the eye and blame it on indigestion.

Namaste
edit on CFridayam060618f18America/Chicago24 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Ok, I'll give you a star and flag.

I have always been afraid of having an encounter with a "ghost"
Fear can be a reason why we see things.

Ok, the thing is my partner sleeps like a rock. When he goes to sleep, he is out like a light within 5 minutes.
Feeling of loneliness may be why our thoughts born as ghosts and visions of this loneliness

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

But doing some sort of ceremony is something I could do, just need to find the right one. And I need help from those who are experienced with such things, I actually don't know what to do.

I won't outright recommend it as I don't dabble in anything in this direction anymore, but if you're looking for a ritual you can do yourself, the lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram is very common for clearing negative energies:
Llewellyn article
Sacred Texts.com article

Regardless of how you handle, take care and go with god.

edit on 2/24/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

Ok, I'll give you a star and flag.

I have always been afraid of having an encounter with a "ghost"
Fear can be a reason why we see things.

Feeling of loneliness may be why our thoughts born as ghosts and visions of this loneliness

so patronizing...

I have a hard time understanding why people come here for spiritual and paranormal advice when there are so many skeptics around.

Skepticism is only healthy when it doesn't hinder logic. Remember this.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join