It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US, France, UK, Turkey, Italy prepare for military intervention in Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

And Russias military has corruption throughout its ranks at every level, it struggled in Afghanistan and its struggled with its own backyard for years but somehow it's going to put a coordinated long term force up against the U.S. NATO whatever in Syria... I don't think so and what's Chinas strategy? To flood its enemies with infinitely disposable conscripted soldiers? That only worked in ww2 because everyone else was a conscript army it's not going to work against experienced professional armies in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

And this was Russia not China that has a billions men army ready to put a millions armed soldiers in each city in case someone resist the big invasion of the US

I would disagree to that. A Squadron of F22s can inflict a very serious damage to both flying air forces and also ground armies with few advanced SAMs to protect in initial stages. In two weeks of continuous bombardment a whole standing brigade of 50K soldiers can lose a big majority of its heavy equipment and troops in concentration killed and injured out of function. If you can deny USAF the total air superiority then they have some chance on the battle field. China cannot at this time. Russia can but only for a few months at the most.

Russia is only 1/3rd as strong as USSR was and worst it is only 10% battle ready. I would not like to see Russia involved in Syria other than intelligence and weapons support...........at aleast as for now.

edit on 23-2-2012 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by markygee
reply to post by Ben81

And Russias military has corruption throughout its ranks at every level, it struggled in Afghanistan and its struggled with its own backyard for years but somehow it's going to put a coordinated long term force up against the U.S. NATO whatever in Syria... I don't think so and what's Chinas strategy? To flood its enemies with infinitely disposable conscripted soldiers? That only worked in ww2 because everyone else was a conscript army it's not going to work against experienced professional armies in my opinion.

Doesnt look that bad

I dare you to find me a US parade

All i could find was a military hardware parade

With always the big music
Nice music though At 4:25
gotta lova Eminem sometimes

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I don't think the US will have a major part in this conflict if/when it does happen. The US is too strapped financially after the long quagmires in Iraq and Afghanistan. I think they may fly a couple of drones over and things of that nature but I don't seriously expect US boots on the ground besides special forces / CIA which I'm sure is already there doing God know what.

Using Libya as a precedent, I believe that France, Turkey, and the UK might take the lead on this one and fly the majority of the sorties bombing Assad's army into submission. I don't think Assad will stay to die like Ghadaffi though, I think he'll seek asylum in a neighboring country, probably Iran, and then the puppet and or Muslim Brotherhood will take over Syria and it will be joined at the hip with the IMF and banker cabal.

The only thing that puzzles me is what will happen with the Russian Naval base at Tartus, and what about all of the interests that Iran has currently in Syria?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Brother,

there is a big difference in able to do a good Parade and able to commit serious Plunder on the enemy.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Russia has already backed off with regards to Syria. They remain against any interference but has said they do not support Assad's actions.

Guys, it's not a conspiracy. You can load up the Al Jezeera livestream and see dead kids over there. It's a sad mess. Don't sit there and take sides. You have no idea what those poor people are going through. It's insulting to sit there and play political football over the crap. People are actually dying.
edit on 23-2-2012 by antonia because: opps

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Reply to ben81

I dare you to find me a US parade

All i could find was a military hardware parade

With always the big music
Nice music though At 4:25
gotta lova Eminem sometimes

Well a professional army is probably out working so won't have time to do fancy parade videos for YouTube. I think consecutive presidents and prime ministers judge their military expertise and success on actual action and misions accomplished not by parading them through their nations capitals.
edit on 23/2/12 by markygee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
True to form the kids on ATS are back again talking about how the parades of other armies somehow is indicative of their strength. Many of these army's soldiers have never sniffed a battlefield.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Yup, our guys are certainly in practice. Brand X is bound to be a bit rusty.

Lots of stuff in the bible about Damascus.

Isaiah 17:1
The burden of Damascus. Behold, DAMASCUS is taken away from [being] a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

When?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Russia and China need to start moving heavy military hardware into syria to block the NATO terrorists.

If I remember correctly the Russians already installed a brand new air defense system a few months ago.

If Syria has the newest best stuff from the Russkies, any NATO air sorties will be a lot riskier than any actions they've done in the last 20 years.

If the Russians park a few warships off the coast it could get ugly. Putin is losing his grip on power, and desperate men take desperate measures.

Syria and Iran are the only countries the Russians have left in the arab world, it's very possible they would risk war to protect the resources and keep the American corporations from stealing their pie.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor7
reply to post by hp1229

why should russia arm the rebels?
China can play a crucial role in middle east now.

Hmm...so you support the current Regime/Politicos in Syria? (Regardless of the US or Russian or Chinese Interests). I agree China can always cough up the dough if they want to play the crucial role

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Russia and China need to start moving heavy military hardware into syria to block the NATO terrorists.

Syria and Iran are the only countries the Russians have left in the arab world, it's very possible they would risk war to protect the resources and keep the American corporations from stealing their pie.

I dont think so (Atleast on the surface). It has a lot to do with Geopolitics and the Geographical control and interjection of the West/NATO in their backyard in addition to global expansion of the Oil Industry. Russia is 2nd biggest oil exporter in the world after Saudi Arabia.

RUSSIA_IRAN_SYRIA_LINKIE

OIL_EXPORTERS

edit on 23-2-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

edit on 23-2-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content/add link

edit on 23-2-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by markygee

And Russias military has corruption throughout its ranks at every level

And what makes you think The British, and the American, NATO also dont have corruption throughout its ranks at every level?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Guys, it's not a conspiracy

Yes it is.

-Sen John McCain and Other four War Monger senators showing support for the Rebels and McCain is not the President.

-al qaeda has recently also showed its support for the the Syrian opposition.

Anything else i am missing?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor7
reply to post by Ben81

Brother,

there is a big difference in able to do a good Parade and able to commit serious Plunder on the enemy.

I agree .. its only a parade
no one can judge a PUBLIC army parade

Yes the US do have experience in wars since ww2 and a lot more then China and Russia combined
the USA have bring to the world intimidation and terror in the name of freedom and democracy

But any facing opponents will think before doing any move on the US
China and Russia made many intelligent moves but no direct confrontation
they knew they will loose if they dont plan before

They have gathered inteligences and made strategies in case of any war with the US
even plans to invade the american soil
If they dont act inteligently on this they can receive the wrath of the US
on their heads in a mather of minutes

The occasion to act is when the billions of muslim wake up in this new big war against the zionist imperial domination .. US will be so much busy with Syria, Iran and many others worldwide
ready to die in the name of Allah
Russia and China will then perhaps just launch a ICMB destroying all defense electric motherboards
and invade each US coast .. Canada would not be able to help much .. less Mexico lol
US will be alone where most of its far ally in Europe will be to busy to protect themself

Its a scenario and they have no margin of error with the US thats for sure
wonder why they have not been moving a lot but building up in secret
edit on 2/23/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

British, French or American President did not come on TV and acknowledged this fact regarding corruption. However, Russian President Medvedev openly acknowledged that 20% of Russia's defense budget is squandered in corruption i.e. $10B each single year. No Joy!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

It was just a mather of time .. but Turkey and Italy ?? What about Saudi Arabia, Canada, Israel and a few more ??

Saudi Arabia would never fight directly with the USA .. the extremist in the country would have a fit. Canada? Israel is prohibited from engaging in military operations with the USA because it incites further violence.

I don't know why Italy would want to be involved, but Turkey has an investment in the region .. the chaos hurts them because Syria and Turkey share a very long border in a region that has a suppressed population (Kurds).

Any time a minority group rises up Turkey gets nervous because they know the oppression they place on Kurdistan.

I agree it took longer then Libya
The reason for that is :

The reason is oil. Libya was the main oil supplier, ironically, to most of the PIIGS nations who were near default. An economic upheaval would have killed the Eurozone and brought down the World economy.

Syria has no oil.. what the hell do we care if people are dieing?

If yes .. they will NEVER let anyone invade Syria and/or Iran

Russia is run like a Mafia crime family. They will tell us what we can and cannot do in their backyard .... unless we want to pay. No doubt we will give some concessions to Russia, and just like Libya and Iraq Russia will stand aside.

China's a joke.

I know only one thing .. the war with Syria and Iran is inevitable .

I agree...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I would not even want to mess with this bunch.

At the end of the video you linked to, you can click to see the 720p remix version.
or just click here. youtu.be...
This morning I was thinking about the meaning of the phrase, "More than you can shake a stick at."
I think this video illustrates the meaning pretty well.
edit on 23-2-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by antonia

Guys, it's not a conspiracy

Yes it is.

-Sen John McCain and Other four War Monger senators showing support for the Rebels and McCain is not the President.

And? This is indictivate of a conspiracy in what way?

-al qaeda has recently also showed its support for the the Syrian opposition.

And? Al Qaeda is simply taking a political stance in an attempt to make themselves relevant in the Arab world.

It's a freaking civil war. Despite all the claims to the contrary Assad is not a nice guy. He really killing those people. There really are dead kids. I'm not taking sides here but most of you are talking about something of which you have no knowledge. Simply because McCain and Al Qaeda back the rebels doesn't make them bad (nor does make them good), nor does that mean Assad is a good guy,

It is quite a mess though.
Anything else i am missing?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by markygee

And Russias military has corruption throughout its ranks at every level

And what makes you think The British, and the American, NATO also dont have corruption throughout its ranks at every level?

Well regarding Britain Theres no evidence of any not of any that shows corruption from top to bottom, the fact that all facets of the U.K. forces can work together to organise themselves to complete actions and dont rely on backhanders, that it's a longstanding professional and proud army with a rich history unlike any army currently around the world and hundreds of years of experience and resources and everybody within it is guaranteed a wage so the soldiers within it don't feel the need to sell ther own equipment to generate their own pay at any given opportunity and no divided loyalties within ie a mixture of religions and families all trying to control it for their own interests.

Thats why I make my claims and comparisons plus its easily researchable.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join