It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I Ugly?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzTiger
Nobody could be any uglier than me.
My Dad told me that when I was born, I was that ugly the Doctor slapped my Mother ........................................then cut the cord and hung himself!

Absolute friggin genius!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
Kind of a sad topic, never pleasant seeing people with no self confidence.

However, in answer to the question, if you have to ask then i think you already know the answer........

So untrue.

To tell you the truth I have never met a really ugly person that questioned it or asked. They never bring looks up in a conversation. If you think other people may be lying or if you want some reassurance then you ask. You ask because you know the answer is NO.

And fyi, the joke above has been around for so long it has whiskers...

Mae West said...
"His mother should have thrown him away and kept the stork."

edit on 23-2-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Her is an interesting blogger:
www.kiplinger.com...

Why I Like to Hire Ugly People

Being unattractive isn't three strikes against you. If it were, the likes of Eleanor Roosevelt, Woody Allen, Ruth Bader Ginsberg, Alfred Hitchcock and Kathy Bates wouldn't have succeeded.

Lackluster looks are only one strike. It's up to you whether you become dispirited or motivated to make the extra effort needed to succeed.

Don't skimp on self-development.

If you have mediocre skills, that's strike two.

Add a mediocre personality, and it's usually strike three and you're out.

So self-development, while important for everyone, is crucial for you.
Instead of watching TV on the treadmill, read a professional magazine.
Instead of loafing around on Saturday morning, go to that seminar on executive deportment.

Celebrate the personal strengths that unattractiveness can breed. For instance, I find that ugly people, in general, are nicer because they know they can't use their looks to get by and because they've developed compassion from going through life unattractive.

Make an effort to look sharp.

There are some physical attributes we can control and some we can't. If you ignore the features that you could enhance, it sends the message that you don't care...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I see your point but i actually disagree. You ask because you either want reassurance or because you are unsure, so i guess it depends upon the situation.

It is sad when people feel like this. Never had any issues myself but know plenty who have, whether it be looks, build, weight, even hair colour (gingers).

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

I usually find if people have to ask other people if theyre ugly then yes, they are ugly.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by theBigToe

Please define ugly.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

Please define ugly.

Well...

you know youre ugly when....

I have to throw up on your face just so I dont have to look at it anymore.

Does that clarify the definition of ugly for you?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by theBigToe

I usually find if people have to ask other people if theyre ugly then yes, they are ugly.

Only people who think they are attractive feel they have the legitimacy to call others ugly.
If you say someone is ugly you had better provide a photo or you are simply a jealous h8r.

Let's compare!

And also...

Nobody wants to hear about your girlfriend...Try to stay on topic.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The Self image issue of the world is something that I agree should be shunned.

I teach my kids every day it comes up, You and everyone else is Naturally beautiful, Always remember that, goes for everyone reading this message, don't ever let Media, people and the times tell you what to wear, think, act, say, feel, or look like, You are you and without you, the world looses out.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Only people who think they are attractive feel they have the legitimacy to call others ugly.
If you say someone is ugly you had better provide a photo or you are simply a jealous h8r.
Let's compare!
And also...

I am not putting my photos on a public forum.

And I am not the pretentious one that asked if im ugly.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NISMOALTI

No, she/he is trying to prove a point..............a most valid and one of the most socially taboo subjects.

The opening post went above and right past you...........sorry I mean no disrespect but if you read through the entire thread, that is not the opening poster's picture.

Again, "Beauty is as beauty does".

We need to be instilling humane and intellectual qualities in our society vs "physical beauty".

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by NISMOALTI

No, she/he is trying to prove a point..............a most valid and one of the most socially taboo subjects.

The opening post went above and right past you...........sorry I mean no disrespect but if you read through the entire thread, that is not the opening poster's picture.

Again, "Beauty is as beauty does".

We need to be instilling humane and intellectual qualities in our society vs "physical beauty".

There is nothing wrong with sexual attraction.....

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Ugly - Displeasing to the eye; unsightly. No.
What i left in the toilet today, Now that was Ugly!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Let's compare!
And also...

Paranoid are you? Or is there a better reason? There is a thread here for photos on ATS and you ever hear of FACEBOOK or myspace? Note the photos. And you obviously do not know what pretentious means. Asking the General Public "Am I ugly?" is certainly NOT pretentious in fact far from it. Insecure, yes. Pretentious? No.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Let's compare!
And also...

Paranoid are you? Or is there a better reason? There is a thread here for photos on ATS and you ever hear of FACEBOOK or myspace? Note the photos. And you obviously do not know what pretentious means. Asking the General Public "Am I ugly?" is certainly NOT pretentious in fact far from it. Insecure, yes. Pretentious? No.

Actually, it is quite pretentious since youre putting people on the spot to feel bad for you and therefore say "oh yeah theres nothing wrong with how you look" and therefore the question, "am I ugly" or "am I hot" is very pretentious and im tired of hearing it.

You must be butt ugly or something since you seem so offended by my light responses that you feel you have to insult me constantly in every post you make?

Would you grow up and start acting your age?

And the reason I am not posting my pictures on a public forum is because A) I am a very well known individual and I dont need people stalking me on sites I use for personal enjoyment, and B) I dont have to do anything because you want me to. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Putting people on the spot???

You choose to go to a thread and open it.
You choose to either help the person or add insults like they are providing material for your joke.

Don't be disingenuous. Look it up.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

As the cliched saying goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What may seem ugly to some people might appear as beautiful to others. I have dated hot girls who were pure bitches and I have dated not as attractive women who were amazing inside and out. I actually prefer the latter, I'd rather be happy because looks fade away over time and it is the personality that will forever keep someone going.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Putting people on the spot???

You choose to go to a thread and open it.
You choose to either help the person or add insults like they are providing material for your joke.

Don't be disingenuous. Look it up.

Well, this is a thread, youre exactly right. Therefore expect a wide variety of opinions. Not everybody cares about boosting another persons physical self-esteem. If you care that much how you look then youve got your own problems and nothing anybody says on a forum is going to make you feel better unless its the answer you want to hear.

Its not like I called her fat or hideous, all I said was if you have to ask this question then youre probably ugly.
edit on 23-2-2012 by theBigToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Am I Ugly?

This just asks to be trolled.

By the way, this is also why I do not play what I call the "Society Game". The rules: please everyone, get paid, buy stuff, own lots of crap, die rich, hand down to family members, rinse and repeat.

Outstanding Achievements: 0%

Community Influence Outside of Investing: 6%

Moral Standing: 10%

Actual Character and Personality: 3%

Monetary Percentile of Complete Identity: 95%

This is the game we play. We amass plenty of treasures, try to get rich, failing to get rich, dying while still disappointed, then provoking complaints from relatives when they get less than you had after divvying of inheritance.

It's like a really, really bad joke.

(note: the math is not important. it's the size of the numbers that matters.)
edit on CThursdayam404030f30America/Chicago23 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Sevenhead* :')

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join