It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I Ugly?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

The shallowness of our materialistic world view is killing us. Sure, women being self-conscious about their looks is nothing new, yet with the rise of the internet insofar as the continuous exploitation of our culture by greed ridden individuals, this issue has exploded into an absolute pandemic around the globe. Please take a minute to watch this video and then go and look at the comments people are leaving. Also look to the right hand side of the screen, this girl is not a isolated case, it is a virus that is spreading like cancer particularly amongst our young women, but also our boys.

If I were a parent I would home school my child. Sending them to school now days is like sending them to some propaganda training camp that pollutes their mind with terrible ideas. If they aren't on the receiving end of this ignorance then most likely they are the ones perpetuating it. Unfortunately I think this may be more true than any of us want to admit.

This should be a wake up call to all of us, what kind of thoughts are we putting out into the world?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I think all she wants is some attention and not her question answered...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Women aint the only ones that feel self-conscious, low self esteam.ugly and fat. Personally i think that out logic has evolved more than our emotions hence why we can build bridges send people into space, but cant make realationships work, clean enviroment, bring up children properly, shout at the people we love when we get angry or be selfless all the time or even explain what we truley feel all the time without covering things up and locking them deep inside our minds and forgetting them.
edit on 22-2-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

Am I Ugly?

I didn't have time to read the whole OP, but only because the title worried me so much I thought I should help out right away:

www.amiugly.net...

Let me know how you score, then we can talk more...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Oh she needs to get over herself, obviously looking for attention. Except for fivehead not a forehead (lol) shes not that bad. Women thrive for attention and clearly this is the case, she just wants people to tell her shes beautiful.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I can sense your beauty miss life is energy....You have strong confidence.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I graduated two years ago, highschool was very hard for me. Being beaten down for who I am has taught me that no body is better than any other person. I believe everyone has something that makes them beautiful inside them.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
People should quit watching so much TV.

Since I hardly watch it anymore, I've let myself go and don't care about the h8taz

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I think it's a damn shame that media, fashion, cosmetic and many other industries continually strive to sell such distorted and bastardized 'images' of 'what beauty is'.

Add to that the advent of the Internet and it's no wonder we have all the 'HotOrNot' type social sites and the like.

When people/kids are bombarded your whole life with 'how you should be, look, appear' - if you want to 'be beautiful', that is - it should come as no surprise whatsoever.

If she were a relative or acquaintance I'd likely be the first to explain to her that it's not about how others see you, but about how you see yourself.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Compared to what......?

I am ugly compared to George Clooney

BUT

not compared to John Merrick................or that woman with all the plastic surgery who looks like a melted vase

It's all relative..........get over it and move on...

There is a Beautiful world out there ......go and find it.......!!!

PDUK

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Let me make it clear that I am not the person in the video, nor am I a female. LOL.

The responses so far are the reason I made this thread, even on a site that promotes "deny ignorance", ignorance runs rampant.

For those who offered intelligent observations,

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Well said.

"Fashion. Something so ugly it needs to be changed every 15 minutes"
Senser

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

something so ugly eh...never seen it.Like beauty is found in the inside of ugly people.I think ugly people are actually cute....

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I suggest you get a book by Naomi Wolf "The Beauty Myth: How Images of Beauty Are Used Against Women".

In the movie, "Forest Gump" there is a quote by Tom Hanks (Forest Gump) - "Beauty is as beauty does".

Now days we concentrate on looks, the physical placement of the eyes, high cheek bones, prominent chin, how much hair we have, how far apart our eyes are, how large or small our eyes are, our height, OUR WEIGHT, and the list goes on.

My oldest son married what would be considered a really above average attractive, very thin, blond woman - she has had, that I know of since their divorce, at least four/five men, with several engagements that have fallen through.

The first night my son brought his first wife home he exclaimed, "Wow mom, what do you think is she beautiful or what!"

I found her very selfish, mean (delighted in being cruel, maybe she's part Klingon?).

My grand daughter, while she loves her mother, doesn't actually like her because she is such a twitch.

To make a long story short, she was really pretty, above average................but her heart was black as pitch, black as night and cruel as a scorpion.

If the picture in the opening post is you, yes you are attractive - you are within "normal limits" of acceptable and even above average.

In today's American society you get extra points if you are bone thin, that is why so many young women starve themselves to death.

Concentrate on your insides, your soul...............time goes by very fast and you will have to live with what you have said and done unto others as you grow old.

Look at Whitney Houston and some of the other Hollywood set.........with all their physical beauty they have to dope themselves up and drink themselves to death.

Really, seriously please get that book I mentioned.

Beauty is as beauty does.

Again, look at Hollywood, all those "beautiful people" and 90% of them cannot stay married to the same person.

Demi Moore's husband (what a joke, the guy is a nub) and he cheated on her.........and she's "beautiful".

This video will give you a taste of Naomi Wolf's book.

Keep in mind, being "beautiful can be a curse. My grand daughter is tall, thin, 11, long blond hair, long legs, big brown eyes, high cheek bones and her breasts are beginning to develop
........once in a airport a Italian photographer asked my son if he could photograph her and gave him a business card. (My son told him to go away and he was close to punching the guy. The guy worked for a professional Modeling Agency)

When I take my grand daughter to the mall, we always have people tell us how physically beautiful she is. It's gotten to the point of being down right scary how people concentrate on physical beauty.

My nieces are all very pretty, about 9 & 10's.......one married a airline pilot, one a optometrist and one a lawyer.

Lastly - My one older niece, not one of the three younger ones mentioned above is also very pretty, in fact my grand daughter takes after her in both looks and thinking.

When I first met L she was 12 and I told her, boy, you could be a model sweetie, makes lots of money.

L being very smart, very centered replied (at 12) "Looks come and go, I want a education, I want to be able to make it on my own and to have someone love me for my heart".

She is now in her mid 40's (still looks beautiful, inside and out), married to a really wonderful man for many years and happy. But she got that education, makes very good money, is smart, funny, kind as well as beautiful. She has become more beautiful with age because of her sweet endearing ways.

Again, cannot be said enough - beauty is as beauty does.

As I told my son after his divorce, you can always see a plastic surgeon to make yourself more "acceptable" but you can't see any doctor to make one kind, considerate or "nice".

Simply look to Hollywood, most of them are not happy yet they have all that money, fame and looks.
edit on 22-2-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I will tell you this, I understood the power of inner beauty from my grandmother who, in the face of her diseases, shines beauty through her actions and demeanour.

outer beauty is simply the finishing touch, but never as captivating as the heart

that girl is the most beautiful person in the world, to someone.

I like look Matt Damon and Gordan Freeman combined.

edit on 22-2-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
too much social media and too much tv......
end of story
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

My grand daughter told me the first week of 1st grade she was voted the 2nd prettiest girl in her class by the other kids.

We had a long talk - but it starts now so young.

I was shocked that little kids talk about this kind of stuff.

I told my grand daughter, "looks come and go, make sure you are kind, generous and a honorable person - looks aren't that important. Some of the most beautiful people I have known have been ugly on the inside."

Yes they actually took a vote at recess.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I find it sad that one should question herself about beauty at such a young age. Media and marketing geniuses are killing the innocence at a very early stage nowadays. Very early on, they are taught that being superficial is more important than being real. In the line of work I'm in, I come across Barbies all day long. Perfect teeth, perfect smile, perfect skin, perfect hair, perfect body, dressed to kill but once they start talking, it just shows how empty they are inside. There is the occasional exception but it's rare. Sad.

Real beauty is seen with one's heart, never with one's eyes.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hollywood for the most part influences us more than we care to realize.

The hero or heroine is usually always beautiful, thin and young.

Subtle messages and the public isn't even aware of it, shaping our opinions.

Hatred towards men, obese, old and ugly people is now politically okay.

The above are portrayed as stalkers, stupid, uncontrolled, stupid, senile, etc..............

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

Oh she needs to get over herself, obviously looking for attention. Except for fivehead not a forehead (lol) shes not that bad. Women thrive for attention and clearly this is the case, she just wants people to tell her shes beautiful.

might be a 6 head, na thats mean. do think she is looking either for attention or something to pick up her self esteem. posting something like that on the net is always asking for negative feed back.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join