It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Americans Are Ignorant To Other Cultures. AND I'M SICK OFF IT!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

You are so misguided...

You are judging an entire country based on just a few of us...

I will pray for you

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

You have said that this thread you created (is not an American bashing thread)...you have yet to prove that.

I'm just saying.
Wh ycontinue with this Bashing thread stuff? I have stated that every country has it's fair share of Culturally inept people, Australia included, only that America seems to have slightly more. Is that good enough for you?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric

You are so misguided...

You are judging an entire country based on just a few of us...

I will pray for you

It seems that the whole population is 'gone' when the majority of the population elects the likes of Obama and Bush

edit on 22-2-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Where is your PROOF?

That America has more?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I didn't know Australia has Sharia law.
edit on 22-2-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The "I'm smarter than you- nobody can tell me anything" sarcastic female dog like attitudes are what I can't Stand.
It's true though, americans lack their own culture so how can they understand another?
They do it with race too, if you appear to be white you're white and nothing else, If you appear to be brown you're black and nothing else lmfao.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I am sick and tired of reading responses on ATS coming from Americans who can't grasp the ideas and respect other cultures.

what problems do you have with a bastard religion which in the 21st century has a kill or convert interpretation of that religion.
Have you lived in Saudi Arabia lately?
Of course it's your rant, when I take Idealism out of the expose' there are realities that cannot be ignored. It doesn't mean by any means I an Ignorant. I have been there. Ever see someones head taken off of their shoulders because they speak openly against the dictated religion or government of the country they are in.
The sword is very fast. A fast sword can immobilize the swiftest tongue.
edit on 22-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I am sick and tired of reading threads on ATS coming from non-Americans who can't grasp the ideas and facts that YOUR COUNTRY HAS THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM OF BIGOTED MORONS WHO RUN THEIR MOUTH OFF AND DISRESPECT OTHER CULTURES(Every country is like that). Why does it happen? Is it your retarded education? Or is the de-sensitising and dumbing down of your nations taking effect?

(see I can do it too)

Seriously though, you need to look in a mirror. You're coming down on, yes, a moron who doesn't get the whole 'religion' concept; but at the same time you're doing the exact same thing they are.

Yes, our country's education system isn't perfect, but I'm pretty sure your country's isn't the best either.

Yes, our country is being de-sensitized to a lot of things, but you fail to realize that it is a GLOBAL problem and not just in the US.

You sir are just as bigoted and moronic as the people posting in that thread. I'm sorry to say, but it's true. When you start a thread by attacking a country pretty much as a whole, calling us 'retarded' and 'dumbed down', you do nothing but lower yourself to their level.

Now I know there are stupid people in the US, I see them every day, and trust me when I say this; they drive me just as nuts as you, probably even more... You just have to deal with their stupidity through the internet, you can CHOOSE to ignore their posts and scroll over them. But I have to see these kinds of people on a daily basis, hear them bitch at me for supposedly screwing up their prescriptions when all I did was save them money by giving them the generic version of a really expensive brand name drug, or listen to them chew me out because they don't have the intelligence or willpower to deal with their own insurance company and read the terms of their coverage, and I have tons of stories like that. They seriously push my 'Postal' button A LOT... ON A DAILY BASIS...

So quit whining and just be a big boy, do the grownup thing, and IGNORE THEM.

edit on 2/22/2012 by ArrowsNV because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Shouldn't this be common knowledge? Americans csn barely repect themselves let alone other Americans or (gasp) other countries and cultures! I for one don't fit this mold, but I have met plenty of people that do. They don't think about the future let alone the words that come out of there mouth.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I agree Americans tend to be worse than others on culture differences but your examples seem to be atheists that would bash the same story if it were a christian bible. I could be wrong, I didn't read the thread you linked to but I get the impression it's about religion itself rather than the certain one....They probably are mostly Americans but since so few people list a location how do you know they are?

I agree we have a good percent of these types but sometimes groups of people from other countries tend to forget the Gov and percent of idiots (which every country has) DO NOT represent us all. For every idiot american there is one in another country that judges us all by our idiots. Pot meet kettle.

edit on 22-2-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: add

Add: I also think part of the problem is a large percent of ATS members may be american so our percent of idiots represented may be larger...I could be wrong but its a guess. I admit we learn little to nothing of your history but rest assured I have never meet an American that harbored any ill will toward Aussies. You really seem to hate us based on a few...not healthy and no better than the Americans you criticize.
edit on 22-2-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: does anyone read these things?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by PutAQuarterIn
I agree Americans tend to be worse than others on culture differences but your examples seem to be atheists that would bash the same story if it were a christian bible. I could be wrong, I didn't read the thread you linked to but I get the impression it's about religion itself rather than the certain one....They probably are mostly Americans but since so few people list a location how do you know they are?

I agree we have a good percent of these types but sometimes groups of people from other countries tend to forget the Gov and percent of idiots (which every country has) DO NOT represent us all. For every idiot american there is one in another country that judges us all by our idiots. Pot meet kettle.

edit on 22-2-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: add
I knew that the posters in the Quran thread were American because most of them were defending the actions of the burning. It leads me to believe that they were Americans.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Here I am, hoping this could be a thread-starter with some viable arguments why Americans, apparently,suck...

What do I get? An obviously b...hurt closet-muslim. I want my money back.... Grrmbll

By the by, how would You feel when everybody looked at You as an unpleasant person júst because Your country has some amazing moronic loudmouths.. Oh.. You wouldn't understand, because You did just thàt of which You accuse us... Mirror, mirror, and some planks&splinters for good measure.
edit on 2/22/2012 by diakrite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by diakrite
Here I am, hoping this could be a thread-starter with some viable arguments why Americans, apparently,suck...

What do I get? An obviously b...hurt closet-muslim i want my money back.... Grrmbll

By the by, how would You feel when everybody looked at You as an unpleasant person júst because Your country has some amazing moronic loudmouths.. Oh.. You wouldn't understand, because You did just thàt of which You accuse us... Mirror, mirror, and some planks&splinters for good measure.
Most posters who are American on ATS cannot and will not attempt to comprehend other religions/cultures, they show no respect or interest. As i outlined earlier, i am not Muslim, i just have respect for other countries and cultures.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Boo Hoo, quit your crying! Harden the f*&k up! Your just weak.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I love how you take a handful of idiot responses and assume that accounts for the rest of the several million people on this continent.

I think you're ignorant to our ignorance.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
you wanna know what Im sick of?Im sick of people who have yet to discover that stupid people exist everywhere.Saying Americans are ignorant because of some idiot's opinion is ignorant in itself.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtOfTrance
you wanna know what Im sick of?Im sick of people who have yet to discover that stupid people exist everywhere.Saying Americans are ignorant because of some idiot's opinion is ignorant in itself.
If you had read through the thread you would have noticed that i did in fact say that every country has their fair share of idiots.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join