It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Americans Are Ignorant To Other Cultures. AND I'M SICK OFF IT!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I am sick and tired of reading responses on ATS coming from Americans who can't grasp the ideas and respect other cultures. Why does it happen? Is it your retarded education? Or is the de-sensitising and dumbing down of your nation taking effect?

Seriously, at least do some research before writing comments which are clearly ignorant and sometimes offensive to others.

I will use the thread about the Quran burnings as an example:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In this thread, people, namely Americans are replying with idiotic statements such as:

Is every copy of the quran really that sacred. It is just paper after all, and many more copies of the words can be found in all corners of the world.

Just another example of the idiotic idea of religion causing undo stress.

Because religious morons think if ink prints something on plant fiber that represents their idiotic beliefs that that medium is now holy to them and anything bad that happens to that stupid book is an attack on their ignorant, idiotic beliefs.

It's just a damn book. It is full of error and it enslaves people

Because some stupid books (and yes, I mean STUPID) get destroyed, accidently or not, that's NOT a reason for people to run around like a bunch of neanderthals threatening other people.

Those people are savages! So burning a piece of paper with ink on it is a legit reason to become violent and want to kill people?

So our soldiers were forced to burn the Bible as trash, now because its their holy book and not ours its horrible and atrocious? I think not.

I wouldn't even apologize.

This here are just some of the comments made up from 3 pages. Now i must say, some of the comments there are intellectually written and well researched, but as you can see, most of them are ignorant posts, whose authors have no idea what they are going on about. This is just one example, and there are many others floating around on ATS and other sites, and i am sorry to say, it appears that the majority of Americans are not smart enough to actually comprehend other cultures.

So now, i ask of you, please research before writing your posts.

Note: I am not racist, so please don't take this personally/emotionally as you all tend to do.
edit on 22-2-2012 by daaskapital because: Title

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
What does the title have to do with what you quoted ?

Did this really need its own thread?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Most people lack empathy.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I am "sick and tired" of (American bashing) threads...such as yours.

People have the right to express themselves on ATS as long as they follow the T&C's.

(In some members posts)...maybe they are right...maybe they are wrong...each member has a right to say... what they want to say.

You don't like some of the posts...then ignore them and move on.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

What i quoted was just one example of mindless posts from some mindless posters, not including the poster below you. Most of them are ignorant to other cultures and it is getting to the point that i feel i needed to point it out, as it is becoming a big problem, not only on ATS but elsewhere. Culture and religion can go hand in hand, especially in Islam's case.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I'm sick and tired of the Americans complaining about the "American Bashing Threads." For some reason, you all have some mental dysfuntion in which you feel that everyone is out to get you's. It's not the case. Maybe if you all work harder on intelligence, these types of threads can be avoided. Thank you.
edit on 22-2-2012 by daaskapital because: spl

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

What i quoted was just one example of mindless posts from some mindless posters, not including the poster below you. Most of them are ignorant to other cultures and it is getting to the point that i feel i needed to point it out, as it is becoming a big problem, not only on ATS but elsewhere. Culture and religion can go hand in hand, especially in Islam's case.

Culture worth respecting is in a region's art, its science, song, dance, language and history. Laws and punishments that violate human rights are not worth respecting.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

In fairness...

How would you respond to an "Australia Bashing" Thread?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
you seem like an angry person.. you should take a vacation in california and have some fun..

catch some waves brah

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Culture worth respecting is in a region's art, its science, song, dance, language and history. Laws and punishments that violate human rights are not worth respecting.
Their laws originate from their religion and culture which span back thousands of years. What i am pointing out is, that most Americans couldn't care less about the things they post, when in fact, they are completely oblivious to how a different cultural identity would view the situation. The Quran thread is a perfect example.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by spaceg0at
you seem like an angry person.. you should take a vacation in california and have some fun..

catch some waves brah
I'm not angry, and if i wanted to catch some waves i can go to Surfers Paradise - The Gold Coast is so much better

edit on 22-2-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric

In fairness...

How would you respond to an "Australia Bashing" Thread?
I would defend whatever it is they are attacking, as long as it is reasonable. But i wouldn't bitch and moan over the thread and how "we have it worst."

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I'm sick and tired of the Americans complaining about the "American Bashing Threads." For some reason, you's all have some mental dysfuntion in which you feel that everyone is out to get you's. It's not teh case. Maybe if you all work harder on intelligence, these types of threads can be avoided. Thank you.

I personally don't think that everyone is "out to get" us Americans. I don't like the condescending attitude in your original post...nor in the comments made by you above.

You say us Americans need to "work harder on intelligence"...so obviously...you think you are superior to Americans...are you?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
And where the heck are you from again, coward who refuses to post your location?

You logic is completely flawed and a$$ backwards. Americans are free as cliche as that sounds. It means people can burn a piece of paper a nobody cares. It means we can say thing without other people having the urge to kill them just because they made a noise with their mouth. You know what is ignorant, wanting to kill people or an entire nation simply because of the burning of paper with ink on it. I mean literally those brainwashed people over the start riots because a book was burned and if you don't see how absurd that is you have some sort of comprehension problems. Burn a Bible, torah and koran and see which group of people riots, burn flags and want to murder others over it.............then you'll see the "ignorance" you speak of.

link   

No, all races are equal, no one is either superior or inferior. I am referencing most Americans - NOT all. Intelligence is a general aspect which everyone should work hard to achieve a high standard of, American's should do so, a tad more, since they tend to be a bit behind in that aspect.

link   

So how cultured are the Islamic people you mention? The same ones angry over a book being burned are the ones threatening a man in another country's life over a cartoon. When they can grow up and be faithful and spiritual while respecting or even ignoring the other cultures around them, they will no longer be considered barbaric.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

People have the right to express themselves on ATS as long as they follow the T&C's.

(In some members posts)...maybe they are right...maybe they are wrong...each member has a right to say... what they want to say.

You don't like some of the posts...then ignore them and move on.

*chuckle*

Well dear, he DID post it in the rant forum, and he's doing exactly what you say everyone here has a right to do, so...you're saying you should have followed your own advice and ignored him, then just moved on? Teasing, BTW...I just found the disparity amusing.

To the OP - I agree, in general and not just as regards other cultures. Another poster hit it on the head when saying people lack empathy. We're always more than happy to see and point out the stupidity of other peoples' views or actions, without realizing the same in ourselves - and how utterly different we'd feel about the situation if roles were reversed and people were perceived as attacking whatever various things we might hold dear.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
And where the heck are you from again, coward who refuses to post your location?

You logic is completely flawed and a$$ backwards. Americans are free as cliche as that sounds. It means people can burn a piece of paper a nobody cares. It means we can say thing without other people having the urge to kill them just because they made a noise with their mouth. You know what is ignorant, wanting to kill people or an entire nation simply because of the burning of paper with ink on it. I mean literally those brainwashed people over the start riots because a book was burned and if you don't see how absurd that is you have some sort of comprehension problems. Burn a Bible, torah and koran and see which group of people riots, burn flags and want to murder others over it.............then you'll see the "ignorance" you speak of.
Try to comprehend the society in which they live. Try to comprehend the way in which they view religion and culture. Most Muslims are very friendly people. Again it is your ignorance which is cluding your mind. Just because they are different than you doesn't make them savages. They take their religion very seriously, and you should be able to see that.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Wow a muslim calling everyone on ATS as an American. Great now we're busted for sure and we need to be beheaded.
edit on 22-2-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

I am so glad I could amuse you...thank you for pointing out what you did...my life is so much better now.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join