It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Top 10% of income earners paid 71% of federal income tax

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

You can always move to China, that seems to be the ideal place for the free market types.

They can pretend to still believe in market economics.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

If a six year old child has a savings account, they are counted as income earners.

That is how the con works.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Lets see now......who invented Google? Hmm......i think they are billionaires!

Who invented Apple? Some guys named Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak. More billionaires!

Who invented Facebook?

I could go on and on.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

You can always move to China, that seems to be the ideal place for the free market types.

They can pretend to still believe in market economics.

China is arguably more capitalist than America.

The freedom index ranks Hong Kong above the US.

en.wikipedia.org...

As one of the world's leading international financial centres, Hong Kong has a major capitalist service economy characterised by low taxation and free trade, and the currency, Hong Kong dollar, is the ninth most traded currency in the world.[11] Hong Kong has remained as the world's freest economy, according to Index of Economic Freedom since the inception of the index in 1995

As for your advice that rich people move to Hong Kong, believe me, they are already ahead of you on that one.

Good luck trying to tax them over there.

edit on 2/22/2012 by AnarchoCapitalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Wrong again.

How rich is the person who invented windows style interface. That is the person who developed the tech that made Jobs and Gates rich. Neither had any tech skills, yet they made all the money.

Ever watch the movie "Pirates of Silicon Valley"?

The people who founded Google did not invent the search engine.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
15 Mind-Blowing Facts About Wealth And Inequality In America

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...-gap-between-the-top-1-and-everyone-else-hasnt-been-this-bad -since-the-roaring-twenties-1#ixzz1n8mwFsdP

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Wrong again.

How rich is the person who invented windows style interface. That is the person who developed the tech that made Jobs and Gates rich. Neither had any tech skills, yet they made all the money.

Ever watch the movie "Pirates of Silicon Valley"?

The people who founded Google did not invent the search engine.

If the guy who invented that interface was really that smart, he would have started his own business and out-competed Bill Gates before Windows ever got off the ground.

Of course, that guy didn't have the business sense or the organizational skills of Bill Gates, which is why he decided to work for Bill Gates instead of starting his own business.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Is that in passive capitol gains taxes or income taxes?

What if they have most of their wealth in bonds/stocks/trusts that don't get taxed the same way as income tax?

Off shore/foriegn bank accounts?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Kind of wrong. Gates has tons of "tech-skill" as you put it, but even he just took ideas from other companies and made them better; Jobs not as much. Jobs was basically riding off of Woz's and other's abilities.
And yeah, the founders of google and facebook certainly didn't 'invent' the search engine, nor the social network. But they did invent the alrogithms and such unique to their own sites that made them better and different.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchoCapitalist

Communist China is more capitalistic than America?

People who believe this should be asking themselves how they have been so completely suckered. They have been fooled into becoming communists.

And do you think slavery is fine and dandy as well?

And you probably thought the housing bubble would go on forever. I remember many a free market sucker making those claims back before 2008.

China will soon implode from their own foolishness, unless they do something to spread the wealth.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by upgrayeddc310t

Do some research. Who ever told you this fed you a big jar of lies. They are not your friend.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Communist China is more capitalistic than America?

People who believe this should be asking themselves how they have been so completely suckered. They have been fooled into becoming communists.

Typically people who live in communist countries weren't suckered into anything. They had a gun held to their head and were told to work at some State assigned job or face violence.

See Cuban refugee problem.

And do you think slavery is fine and dandy as well?

No, which is why I am opposed to taxation or State control of resources. As of right now, I am an involuntary slave to the State for nearly half of my work year.

And you probably thought the housing bubble would go on forever. I remember many a free market sucker making those claims back before 2008.

China will soon implode from their own foolishness, unless they do something to spread the wealth.

Austrian economists like Ron Paul and Peter Schiff were predicting the housing crash back in 2001.

And yes, China will implode from their own foolishness eventually, but the problems they will face will be peanuts compared to the problems we are about to face. The government is currently working very hard to destroy our currency and drive all of our remaining jobs overseas with its spending and taxing.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Xtrozero

Math based on what though? Where are the numbers coming from for the maths we're engaging in?

IRS...got something better?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Or more likely they were hampered by a sense of morality, and really weren't into becoming super rich.

The people who develop the technology that makes all of our lives better, are completely different than the people who make tons of money.

The innovators make all of our lives better, and they succeed in spite of the super rich.

The super rich are the people who screw up everything for everyone else. They are parasites.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Typically people who live in communist countries weren't suckered into anything. They had a gun held to their head and were told to work at some State assigned job or face violence.

You are the one calling this capitalism.

We are still heading towards economic disaster. The cliff we are about to fall off is directly ahead, and people who support free market economics are shoveling coal into the furnace and screaming full speed ahead.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Do some research. Who ever told you this fed you a big jar of lies. They are not your friend.

www.youtube.com...

Uhhhh, yeah dude, I've seen the made for TV movie when it was aired. I wouldn't consider that "research".
How bout how when Jobs worked for ATARI and brought in Wozniak to help him with his project, and Woz came up with all the hard bits and Jobs screwed him out of the cash for the amount of work he did? And yeah, Windows (Gates) was basically Gates hiring a bunch of software engineers and telling/presenting them with a bunch of features from different GUIs at the time, including Apple, and saying "I want the OS to do this and this and this and this". So he basically copied features.
And I was correct on the google and facebook thing, they wrote unique code, they own the code, they did not nor did I ever say they invented the search engine or networking site.

I hope you aren't serious a TV movie starring Noah Wylie is being presented as research? That's like me saying if you want to know the TRUE story of facebook, watch "The Social Network". LOOOOL
edit on 22-2-2012 by upgrayeddc310t because: confusing typo

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
reply to post by SavedOne

The top 10% are not rich? They struggle? I think you are pulling my leg.

I'm most likely in the top 3%.

I have a nice house that I pay 3k a month mortgage on. I own 3 cars which 2 are 10 years old, and paid off, but one I still pay on. I don't have anything on credit, but then I don't have 10s of thousands of dollars floating around either.

My goals are to have all my kids go to college and save enough money to live ok in 15 years when I plan on retiring. Not sure though if I can make those end state goals. Can't say I'm struggling, but I'm sure not rich or live any kind of wealthy life style.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

The movie is based on facts known to many long before it ever aired.

And by the way, you just admitted I was right.

Facebook is just a knock off of the now defunct myspace.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

You got my point.

It a silly lie to say the top income earners do not pay the vast majority of taxes. Class warfare is just a replacement for other forms of hate, like Racism. They need the hate to control people. That's what this is truly about.

Not much can be done about it since they are right about the level of illiteracy and bigotry within the Progressive movement. Progressives are easy to control. The Progressive leaders don't believe the garbage they peddle, but they know the people who blindly follow them do and that's all that matters to keep themselves in power.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

The top 10-1% of income earners pay too much in income taxes, while the top 1% pay too little, being that most of what the fed gov does supports the super rich.

The worlds largest military can't defend our own borders and cities, but they protect the overseas investments of the super rich extremely well.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join