posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:08 AM
reply to post by jjf3rd77
Let's assume your premise is valid and the US actually holds the authority to "allow" Iran to have nukes.
Here is why we (the west) would profit from a nulcear armed Iran:
- Sanctions would be obsolete and trade relations with Iran could be re-established.
- Iran would no longer be forced to focus their trade on China and Russia.
- Trade relations have always been the first step to peaceful coexistence throughout history.
- Israel would have to rethink their position in the middle east.
- Economically stable countries tend to become more moderate.
Now ask yourself... who profits from the status-quo, escalation or even war with Iran?