It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excited Young People Film Strange Aerial Phenomenon In Oroville, CA.

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
This thread is just going round in circles ...its starting to make my head spin

edit on 24-2-2012 by gortex because: and effect my typing

that's right! spinning off into little julia-set fractal...@

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by imp0ssibru

Nice presentation and I understand how the departure lights come into the equation. Assuming the plane is really taking off from the westward end of the runway east over the airport. But, in your archive of videos used to select from to debunk planes. I'm sure you've got one to explain away the bright light at the end of the ops vid right?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by dejarmaX

post by dejarmaX
All due respect... Why are people shot down when putting forward an honest personal opinion??

38 pages of mostly repeating yourself and going over the same arguments frays the nerves a touch
well go read something else then!!! i'm in tears

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

That isn't necessarily true. Most airlines have rules where they tell their pilots to use the landing light at or below a certain altitude, but a good rule of thumb for light singles and training aircraft is when within 10 miles of the field. If all plane had to use it when below 10000, like all small planes would be using them all the time!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
But, in your archive of videos used to select from to debunk planes. I'm sure you've got one to explain away the bright light at the end of the ops vid right?

Yes... all the lights in the video are airplanes.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by upgrayeddc310t

That isn't necessarily true. Most airlines have rules where they tell their pilots to use the landing light at or below a certain altitude, but a good rule of thumb for light singles and training aircraft is when within 10 miles of the field. If all plane had to use it when below 10000, like all small planes would be using them all the time!

en.wikipedia.org...

In the United States, for example, landing lights are not required to be present or used for many types of aircraft, but their use is strongly encouraged, both for take-off and landing and during any operations below 10,000 feet (3,000 m) AGL or within ten nautical miles of an airport.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

When do planes rise slowly from the ground!?!?!

When they are on a departure path while heading toward the camera.

explain what's going on between 11:00-13:00

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

Originally posted by Phage

When do planes rise slowly from the ground!?!?!

When they are on a departure path while heading toward the camera.

explain what's going on between 11:00-13:00
I can't!! Because I honestly do not know what you would like me to explain!!??!? I don't see anything strange! I've no idea what else to say to you my friend-- all due respect.

Peace.

dej...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Wish people would just drop this lantern thing, theyre nothing LIKE lanterns, to bright, to big and to 'random'.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

but between 11:00 and 13:00 the ones that appear to turn on their lights high in the SW on approach, one in front of the cloud bank and another above the cloud bank never land and eventually the one that appeared under the cloud bank flies off to the W into the cloud bank and you can see the landing lights the whole time so was that plane flying backward?

edit on 24-2-2012 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by imp0ssibru
reply to post by FlySolo

What do you mean too far west? She claimed she was in Canyon Highlands. That would put the airport more southwest which is the direction the camera was facing compared to the sunset.

This is what I mean too far west. Now check it out.

This is your plane taking off. Now pay attention to the mast in the picture. You know which one I'm talking about if you've been following the thread. Pay attention to the sky color west, if that is the airport.

And another "departure"

It's getting darker now. Look again at the hue in the sky. Time stamp 8:11

Then she pans the camera right to the other side of the tree.

Notice how pink the sky is just above the cloud? That is where the airport is.

My guess is she was looking sw, but not that much.

But she says the airport was north of her so IDFK anymore until she gets back for Q&A

edit on 24-2-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

no problem. but I thought you wanted someone to pay attention to you

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I agree. if there is any airport it is when she pans into the darker pink sky and that is probably where the plane is going when you can hear it over her right shoulder.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
Wish people would just drop this lantern thing, theyre nothing LIKE lanterns, to bright, to big and to 'random'.
So what do YOU think they are then, Sherlock?? Personally I find it disrespectful to rebut other opinions with a basic general boring blanket rebuttal like this zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

This is your plane taking off.

No that picture is of a plane LANDING. Not taking off. It is beginning it's glide path and flying towards the airport. At that point, the airport is closer to the camera than the aircraft.

Watch this again:
www.youtube.com...

edit on 24-2-2012 by imp0ssibru because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Ok landing but it doesn't matter because we're discussing the location of the airport right now.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Ok landing but it doesn't matter because we're discussing the location of the airport right now.
Why?? look at the vid imp put forward>>They are Chinese lanterns being let off from peoples back gardens! Why are you & others pontificating over anything else?? Planes/ airports-- you baffle me... All due respect.

Peace.

dej...
edit on 24-2-2012 by dejarmaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

This is your plane taking off.

No that picture is of a plane LANDING. Not taking off. It is beginning it's glide path and flying towards the airport. At that point, the airport is closer to the camera than the aircraft.

Watch this again:
www.youtube.com...

Oh BTW. Go edit your YT page and show the last part of the clip where the two land and departing planes converge into a mid air collision please. I would comment there for you but I don't want to set up a YT channel. 98% of your debunk video shows commercial flights and the only 2 % of the girl's video you show cherry picks perfectly to suit your agenda.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by upgrayeddc310t

en.wikipedia.org...

In the United States, for example, landing lights are not required to be present or used for many types of aircraft, but their use is strongly encouraged, both for take-off and landing and during any operations below 10,000 feet (3,000 m) AGL or within ten nautical miles of an airport.

Just technicalities, but your original post said "must use below 10 thousand feet". I was just pointing out that the 'must' part was incorrect so nobody got confused

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Dude, you are just trolling now....

Let me make it clear for you since you have a very hard time comprehending this...

This is an aircraft landing, just before it touches the runway...

This is an aircraft departing, just after it leaves the runway...

That means the runway is between these two points...

Do you get it yet????

That is what this video was trying to point out:
www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join