It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Press TV signals jammed in Europe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh

Originally posted by vkey08

Originally posted by Soshh

Originally posted by flice
to some place called 'the Malvinas'.

Islas Malvinas otherwise known as the Falkland Islands.... They just used the Argentinian name for it rather than the English name...

Objective reporting right?

Exactly - it is not the same as a product being known by 2 names in different countries at all - that is an ignorant analogy.

In this case the Falklands are part of the UK, their official name is determined by the country they are part of, and calling them the name given them by a would-be colonial occupier is a political statement, not any sort of objective reporting.

so I agree - "Govt of Iran" and "oppressed Persians" is good.

And also I think the "Persian gulf" as a name has outlived its usefulness since it was named due to the proximity of the ancient Persian empires by ancient Greeks & Romans - it should now be the named after the most powerful modern force in the area - the 5th fleet gulf.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
And also I think the "Persian gulf" as a name has outlived its usefulness since it was named due to the proximity of the ancient Persian empires by ancient Greeks & Romans - it should now be the named after the most powerful modern force in the area - the 5th fleet gulf.

I bet that would go down well!

Why an Iranian network would be more familiar with the Spanish name, I do not know. Must be entirely innocent though eh, nothing to do with their anti-British slant.

Argentina also claims the South Sandwich Islands (named after the legendary inventor of the sandwich, Lord Sandwich) and South Georgia (named after King George the Third). What is "sandwich" in Spanish? Nobody knows.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Insults like yours are just what makes ATS the beacon of civil discourse that it is. It was my mistake that I didn't see the posts that were made minutes before as I was typing my first post.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Are you aware that Press TV claimed it couldn't pay due to Iranian banks being "blocked" from making transfers to banks within the UK?

If ofcom is asking an iranian company to pay a fine, it's going to do so through an iranian bank.

It's another part of the story, but the fact is Press TV shouldn't have been taken off the air for the "reason" ofcom mentioned.

It's a dark area, as we even have Press TV being dicussed in wikileaks cables between the US ambassador to the UK involving the monarchy and parliament suggesting they wanted to find a "logical" reason to rid the channel from british TV.

The whole thing is censorship at it's finest. Over-exaggerated claims by ofcom, and ofcom itself is being abused as a mouthpiece for parliament/monarchy agenda.

Meanwhile, we have murdoch with his cyber team's hacking into phones and computers of the deceased, famous, living, and children. But Press TV has to be cut off of the air because murdoch is an "asset" to the queen's firearms of biased reporting.

God save the queen, fascist regime!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

What is "sandwich" in Spanish? Nobody knows.

Wrong... "sandwich" in Spanish is "el bocadillo".

See ya,
Milt

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join