It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Press TV signals jammed in Europe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

I've read the thread, please enlighten me to the actual situation in your opinion.

Yes please expound on that situation inside your opinion. Read the second page of the thread and I think things may become more clear. Perhaps not though.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Really can't post a reply the internet nazis (and trolls).. are watching..

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
But Freedom of Speech is always one of the abuses they sight for going to war against so called oppressive regimes.

Yet another example of western hypocrisy to add to a very long list.

edit on 21-2-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Havn't looked thru the entire thread, but wanted to share that it's still up on 13.0E and 19.0E
edit on 21-2-2012 by iamdavid because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
twitter.com...#!/@presstv

If their twitter gets closed down. THEN call Censorship. For now it seems clear that they lost their TV license due to being stubborn. End of story

Edit; PressTV actually cites their sources as being in Italy. So that wouldn't be anything to do with OFCOM. Maybe they're right then...Says their satellite TV channels and internet stream have been in "blackout" for 5 days in Italy
edit on 21-2-2012 by Upyerheart because: update

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
So ... Iran's propaganda machine ... PressTV ... claims it's being jammed in Europe?

1 - Is it even true? Afterall .. this is the official mouthpiece of that whacky Iranian gov't.

2 - PressTV is complaining about being jammed .. in fact fully censored by Europe.
That's a hoot considering that PressTV is the propaganda machine of the Iranian
gov't and it censors a whole lotta stuff.

Gotta say ....
I find this funny.
PressTV doesn't play by the rules everyone else does,
then WHINES when they get slapped on the wrist.

Iranian apologists ... flame away!

edit on 2/21/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
anyone on here consider the fact that presstv 's uk bank accounts were frozen in early 2011?
with zero funds to pay the crew in london, it seems there was no choice but to vacate the uk premises and move out, thus falling foul of the ofcom rules.
f
edit on 21-2-2012 by fakedirt because: ofcom stipulations

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Press TV signals jammed in Europe

www.presstv.ir

Jamming signals have been reportedly interrupting the broadcast of Press TV, Iran’s 24-hour English-language news channel, in various locations across Europe.

(visit the link for the full news article)

The west making sure that no objective reporting from Iran gets out once they start bombing civilians again. It's despicable.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Yeah - we learn that people on ATS often don't bother reading what has actually happened even when it IS clearly laid out in a thread!

I've read the thread, please enlighten me to the actual situation in your opinion.

Once Again, please read this explanation.. If PressTV were one of us, you'd expect no less to have happened..
Responisbility Post - Vkey08

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
The west making sure that no objective reporting from Iran gets out once they start bombing civilians again. It's despicable.

Objective reporting my arse. The other day I read on their site that Britain is sending a non-existent nuclear-armed Destroyer to some place called 'the Malvinas'.

The Iranian authorities do an excellent job of ensuring that no objective reporting makes it out of Iran. They don't need our help.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh

to some place called 'the Malvinas'.

Islas Malvinas otherwise known as the Falkland Islands.... They just used the Argentinian name for it rather than the English name...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Press TV needs to make their own channel on several IRC networks; the old EFNet would be a good start, as well as the Undernet and a few others. Then let them publicise that in a few different places, and they can keep getting their message out.

Let them put their broadcasts on magnet links with The Pirate Bay, as well. There are lots of ways they can use the Internet to their advantage.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

Islas Malvinas otherwise known as the Falkland Islands.... They just used the Argentinian name for it rather than the English name...

Objective reporting right?
edit on 21/2/12 by Soshh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Objective reporting right?
edit on 21/2/12 by Soshh because: (no reason given)

Same could be said for the UK calling Acetaminophen "Paracetamol" and the US calling it "Tylenol" it's a name nothing less, and even on the Falklands themselves there are references to the Spanish name of the islands, it's part of it's history.

Has nothing to do with objective or biased reporting to use a name for a place that you are more familiar with, a lot of times I find myself reverting calling certain countries by names that haven't existed since I was in school.. If you're going to find fault with their reporting (which there is a lot) try finding fault with the facts, not a name that is in fact proper for the location.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Same could be said for the UK calling Acetaminophen "Paracetamol" and the US calling it "Tylenol" it's a name nothing less, and even on the Falklands themselves there are references to the Spanish name of the islands, it's part of it's history.

Has nothing to do with objective or biased reporting to use a name for a place that you are more familiar with, a lot of times I find myself reverting calling certain countries by names that haven't existed since I was in school.. If you're going to find fault with their reporting (which there is a lot) try finding fault with the facts, not a name that is in fact proper for the location.

If you had actually read any of their articles on the matter you would realise that they refer to the islands as the Malvinas for the sake of backing the Argentine claim. Objective media does not back any side in a conflict.

It was more of a sarcastic comment aside the main point, which was that Press TV claimed that we had sent a non-existent nuclear-armed Destroyer there. The same article also claimed rather amusingly that the 2011 Mercosur agreement was in response to naval deployments that were only announced at the beginning of 2012.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

From now on, I will refer to the Iranian government as "Iran" and its people as "oppressed Persians." That will keep things more objective.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
sounds to me more like the Iranian Govt is stopping its own signals & blaming everyone else.

Maybe they couldn't pay the power bill.

Who gives a rotund rodent's rectum about PressTV anyway, except Iranian apologists? It is totally owned by the Theo-fascist Iranian religious nutjob government and about as useful as a news source as Alex Jones!

Don't talk about Alex Jones!!!!

He's the best.

edit on 21-2-2012 by Vandettas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

From what I can assume is satellite tv signals. Basically they send out a signal on the same frequency but transmit noise.

There are various types of jamming with the most simplist being a clean carrier spike right the way through the middle of the signal. I believe this is what Press TV are suffering from. Other more complex forms involve mimicing the carrier and flooding it with noise with carrier drop detection on the uplink so that when Press TV drops the rogue carrier detects this and drops their transmit meaning you will never know there is a jamming signal present without the use of expensive analysers like a SAT DSA analyser which detect carrier under carrier.

Eutelsat who own the Satellite fleet in europe mostly will be able to triangulate to a square mile where the interference is being transmitted from and being somebody that was in Comms in the Military and now works in satellite broadcasting I can safely tell you that I have never seen a developed, democratic nation jam a TV signal. The most likely culprits are Israel, Iran (obviously not in this case), Egypt, Libya, syria, Jordan and turkey. In europe those countries account for 95% of all jams.

As for it being Britain or France, no chance as it is too easy to identify where the signal is coming from.
edit on 20-2-2012 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

Yeah. What he said...

That's not to say that it's not a western democracy this time (first time for everything and all) but the vast majority of jamming does come from those nations mentioned.

Also, I think someone on the first page is mis-reading Press TV as they are jamming "the press." Just to clarify, PressTV is the english language Iraninan News channel. The OP is talking about that, not "the press" in general.

Anyway, nice catch. I'll see what I can turn up.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Press TV has apparently lost it's licence in the UK for breaching the Communications Act.

Press TV, the Iranian state broadcaster's English-language outlet, has been forced off the air in the UK after Ofcom revoked its licence for breaching the Communications Act...

Guardian

Tux
edit on 21-2-2012 by TuXXXeR because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-2-2012 by TuXXXeR because: R-Rated Spelling Error

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Not a fan of state run media

Youtube trumps any media worldwide in regards to getting the truth out...I don't want to hear from the nations media outlet (in Iran's case...not even a 3 degrees of seperation...rather its a direct ownership and programming..not even trying to hide influence).

For nations like Iran, Youtube, Twitter, etc..are where we learn. Problem is, even with those avenues, its hard to get the story considering censorship is rampant..but leaks will happen through those channels by the smart people of iran bypassing the government firewalls.

I would like to see another iranian revolution. The kids there are wanting to open up to the world...they are sick and tired of their government..problem is, the gloves are off for their government

Neda may have been a propaganda piece..but it wasn't the west..the iranian government gave a nice example of what happens to those whom protest the government. If it was western propaganda, we would have been at war long ago (as many said when it first came out). No, Iran knows how to keep their slave..erm..citizens in line through deadly propaganda...and quite good at blaming the west also so the people are confused, but know only one thing...don't protest.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join