It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Press TV signals jammed in Europe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Press TV signals jammed in Europe

www.presstv.ir

Jamming signals have been reportedly interrupting the broadcast of Press TV, Iran’s 24-hour English-language news channel, in various locations across Europe.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This is a follow up to my other story:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

These are the first step to a major war, once again it is about to start. I have been seeing their comments on their site that the UK is also blocking emails from getting to presstv.

Solutions:

-Use Tor to access the site and send emails
-Make the Presstv stories and articles into torrent files for easy distribution with upload encryption

Freedom of speech right? Only when you agree with with them

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
well well well, isnt that a shock
... I hope they know what there doing because this isnt going to be pretty nor easy.

I dont/cant use tor so i will have to see what pops up on here then. Thanks for the heads up though. S=F

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
wow yet "The Days of Our Lives" plays on....wow those jammers are good. only the press

edit on 20-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by intuitive

What do you mean you can't use tor? Is it outlawed or something...technical difficulties? Maybe I could help. Are you in the UK because we need some confirmation of this. If there are any people who need access to the site I could certainly provide screenshots or figure out a solution

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
how are they jamming it, via TV or internet?

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Before anyone slams me for my comment let me preface to say this is really not that big a deal.

I find it amusing that people complain about one country's propaganda machine being jammed by another country's propaganda machine, I mean c'mon... China, Iran they all censor our stuff from coming in (ie: our prop) and Press TV is pretty much the propaganda of the Iranian Government, so let them jam it...

Now if they were jamming a legitimate news organization (offhand I can't really think of one on either side) then it would be an issue, but really... this is just the normal BS that goes on when one place is trying to isolate another, it does not mean "OMG there's gonna be war war war"

Edit to add: I can still get to the PressTV site by internet in the United States, you don't need TOR or Anonymous type software to get there, just type in the address.
edit on 20-2-2012 by vkey08 because: checking net

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

From what I can assume is satellite tv signals. Basically they send out a signal on the same frequency but transmit noise.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

No i just choose not to use tor for safty reasons lol, i've heard some funky things happen on there and im not fully savvy ect so id rather just stay away myself. Can you imagine if i hand in my laptop to a shop for repair, i would assume it would be bad enough with some of the topics on here let alone have tor and all the rest of the software that some user's use lol.

Thank you for the suggestion though if i ever change my mind i know where to come atleast

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

From what I can assume is satellite tv signals. Basically they send out a signal on the same frequency but transmit noise.

oh i see, thank you.

i was checking out their web site, very interesting indeed.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by intuitive

Can you imagine if i hand in my laptop to a shop for repair

That is why you use full drive encryption with TrueCrypt for your laptop repair...but thats a side issue, but I am encouraging everyone in the UK to use tor and torrents and maybe we could find out a way to put the articles and website on a torrent file and update daily stories to new torrent files...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

you don't believe censorship is a big issue?
You may believe that it is just a propoganda site, but so is hollywood, yet I don't see that being censored anytime soon.

any form of censorship is wrong, without looking at both sides of the coin it is very hard to get a true picture.

As the old saying goes, there is our version of the story, there is their version of the story, and somewhere in the middle is the truth.

take away one version and then try to discover the truth

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
reply to post by vkey08

you don't believe censorship is a big issue?
You may believe that it is just a propoganda site, but so is hollywood, yet I don't see that being censored anytime soon.

any form of censorship is wrong, without looking at both sides of the coin it is very hard to get a true picture.

As the old saying goes, there is our version of the story, there is their version of the story, and somewhere in the middle is the truth.

take away one version and then try to discover the truth

My point is, there is noone on here screaming foul when Iran censors our stuff, tit for tat... if you're going to be outraged at some EU country doing it to Iran then be outraged at Iran doing it to Western stations.. Goes both ways, can't just be upset when someone you dont' agree with does it.

That is what i'm trying to get across..

So be outraged, but be outraged at it all not just the flamboyant headline that OH NOES IT"S WAR NOW because the propaganda machines are fighting. In the end it's just tit for tat and they've been doing it longer, but I don't see you or the OP complaining about that. So please please, if you're going to moan and groan about censorship don't let Iran have a free pass on this one either...I've been there, they don't let their people watch our news either..

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

There are various types of jamming with the most simplist being a clean carrier spike right the way through the middle of the signal. I believe this is what Press TV are suffering from. Other more complex forms involve mimicing the carrier and flooding it with noise with carrier drop detection on the uplink so that when Press TV drops the rogue carrier detects this and drops their transmit meaning you will never know there is a jamming signal present without the use of expensive analysers like a SAT DSA analyser which detect carrier under carrier.

Eutelsat who own the Satellite fleet in europe mostly will be able to triangulate to a square mile where the interference is being transmitted from and being somebody that was in Comms in the Military and now works in satellite broadcasting I can safely tell you that I have never seen a developed, democratic nation jam a TV signal. The most likely culprits are Israel, Iran (obviously not in this case), Egypt, Libya, syria, Jordan and turkey. In europe those countries account for 95% of all jams.

As for it being Britain or France, no chance as it is too easy to identify where the signal is coming from.
edit on 20-2-2012 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

As for it being Britain or France, no chance as it is too easy to identify where the signal is coming from.

Then who is doing the jamming? If youve never seen them jam a signal, maybe this is the first one and it is perhaps only the beginning

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
sounds to me more like the Iranian Govt is stopping its own signals & blaming everyone else.

Maybe they couldn't pay the power bill.

Who gives a rotund rodent's rectum about PressTV anyway, except Iranian apologists? It is totally owned by the Theo-fascist Iranian religious nutjob government and about as useful as a news source as Alex Jones!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Then who is doing the jamming? If youve never seen them jam a signal, maybe this is the first one and it is perhaps only the beginning

One of the beauties of Satellite broadcasting is that it is visible to all and also that by using 3 or more seperate earth stations to receive a signal you can calculate the phase difference in the signal being broadcast and use mathematics to triangulate virtually exactly where it is coming from. Countries like Britain and France would not do this as it would be obvious within 30 minutes that it was them doing the jamming. Also you have to take into account that they have virtually nothing to gain by jamming Press TV. This is most likely the work of Israel or Turkey.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

so why isn't it obvious within 30 minutes that it is Turkey or Israel?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

It will be, and I'd be able to tell you exactly who it was if I was in work but I am not.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
its vanished of sky sat channel 715? in the uk

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join