It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another Baby Mauled to Death by PIT BULL - Should they be Banned?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Geeze looks like the idiot trolls are popping out if the woodwork to badmouth Pit Bulls... Sigh! Don't feed them ignore them. Pit pulls are one of the best breeds on the planet they weren't called the nanny dog for nothing the idiot trolls are just talking out there asses to get a reaction out of people.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

You're insane and completely uninformed. Dalmatians cause more injuries than pitbulls. Chows cause more injuries than pitbulls.

I owned my first pitbull for 5 or 6 years before she died, she was a rescue dog, she hadn't always known love, and yet she was a perfect angel anyway. Then, I got my next pitbull, from a guy that fights dogs! I got him at 3 weeks old. His sire was well-known in the fighting community, and he grew to be 85lbs of pure muscle. I owned him for 15 years before he died trying to get the last crumb out of the bottom of a Doritos bag and suffocated himself. In those 15 years, he found a dead body once, he defended me from an attacker once, he slept on the bed, next to our newborn niece, he glued himself to my wife while she was pregnant, he slept next to my children's cribs, he played in the floor with them, he was a perfect family pet. Calling him a killing machine is just ridiculous.

link   
Don't ban pit bulls, ban the stupid owners that let them run around without a leash. People these days.
edit on 19-2-2012 by LonelyGuy because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by ignant

If you honestly think this is the nature of the breed, you don't know what you're talking about. Do research..non biased kinds. I don't own a pit bull..never have..but I have looked into them out of curiosity and I was surprised to find that the common view point on them is totally wrong. Think for yourself, not from what the media, who likes to cause fear and trouble to boost ratings, tells you. Any dog can snap and attack if you don't know how to handle them correctly.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Killing machines? This has got to be the most disgusting and arrogant post I have ever seen on ATS. You apparently have never had pitbulls or ever raised them. Your post and opinions on this subject really disgusts me.

I am 51 years old and I have had pitbulls all of my life. I have never had a mean or out of control "killing machine". You need to learn the phrase of ATS..."DENY IGNORANCE", because your post is full of IGNORANCE.

I have 2 pits now, a male and female. Both are around my grandbabies all the time. I have to pull them away at times since they like to lick them in the face, but the kids love it, and love them. During the day they run in my fenced in yard and at night they are inside. Both are very smart and very loving creatures. If anyone ever tried to take either one of them, they would have to kill me first, since they are like my children.

People like you make me sick, since apparently you have no freakin clue what the hell you are talking about.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

It is no different to me if you brought that dog out or a lion. I will take the same precaution for both . You won't like that precaution .

A threat?

My dog went to parades, fairs, dog parks, schools, old-folks homes, and provided laughs and love everywhere he went.

If some idiot like you is too afraid to be in public, then you should take precautions, stay home, lock your doors, and spend all your time on the internet where it is safe. Because, in real life, if you harmed my dog in any way it would get very ugly, very fast, and if you are interested in details of what happened to the last guy that killed a dog of mine, PM me, I'd be happy to oblige with the full story..

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Well we all have some kind of phobias, but you are wrong. They aren't killing machines.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

People like me who bring reality into your blurred vision of cute and cuddly dogs , who just lick kids faces , is what hurts .

The problem with these dogs is , once they are in attack mode , its very difficult to get control of them . Because once they see red , its all game.

You can kick shoot stab these dogs in attack mode ,and its very difficult to release .

Other dogs , don't take as much to stop them from attacking . Espically if you hit them really hard. But these dogs are in kill mode. Because their brains switch into RED.

I've heard many stories like yours , that doesn't change the facts. I've heard of other people who have had pits , and rasied them properly only to one day have them snap on them or a family member.

You have to be out of your mind to allow such lethal dogs near kids.

The outdated debate, "It's the owner, not the breed," has caused the pit bull problem to grow into a 30-year old problem.1 Designed to protect pit bull breeders and owners, the slogan ignores the genetic history of the breed and blames these horrific maulings -- inflicted by the pit bull's genetic "hold and shake" bite style -- on environmental factors. While environment plays a role in a pit bull's behavior, it is genetics that leaves pit bull victims with permanent and disfiguring injury.

www.dogsbite.org...

You may be an old timer , and i tip my hat to you . But clearly wisdom does not come with age

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Hu-snake or reptilian
Man- Ape

Humans are a genetically designed slave race.....should they be banned as well?
Most all our decisions and thoughts are from the reptilian brain
Feed Fight Fear Fornicate Ritualistic

Wouldnt it be fair to say the ones that created you and taught you about genetic manipulation be responsible?
pit bull

Why dont you all learn how to disengage your reptilian brain and make something more calming and loving

Yeah...like a miniature giraffe

edit on 19-2-2012 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

It is no different to me if you brought that dog out or a lion. I will take the same precaution for both . You won't like that precaution .

A threat?

My dog went to parades, fairs, dog parks, schools, old-folks homes, and provided laughs and love everywhere he went.

If some idiot like you is too afraid to be in public, then you should take precautions, stay home, lock your doors, and spend all your time on the internet where it is safe. Because, in real life, if you harmed my dog in any way it would get very ugly, very fast, and if you are interested in details of what happened to the last guy that killed a dog of mine, PM me, I'd be happy to oblige with the full story..

Better yet , how about i carry a weapon just in case? That would make me feel much better , Espically if its near kids. IF i ever did see your dog attack anyone , i have no problem putting it to sleep for good.

i will gladly put one in its head , if its in attack mode in a PUBLIC place.

What you gonna do about it then ? cry and wheep , and say "i don't know what happened, he was such a gentle dog" ?

People like you are emotional people , who lose reason and logic .

those dogs are vicious and should be no where in public. Is it to much to ask for to have just the pitbull breeds kept at home locked up ?

Atleast a muzzle ? no its not.

but if i ever did see your dogs , attack someone in public , i have no problem with execution . Its what the law enforcement would do with any "pet gone wild" right?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Ten pages of replies and so far every single one of them wrong. This would stop being a problem if you just banned babies!!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I own a "Pit Bull" and have done since she was a 3 month puppy ! i have never hit her or raised a hand to her, my thinking that if she see's that is how i deal with things when you do wrong she will use violence to deal with her problems. any how my bitch is the most loving and affectionate dog in the whole world people get scared by her when they first meet her but with in a few seconds she is on her back waiting for a belly rub. you cannot tar a whole breed with the same brush so please don't be ignorant! they are loving dogs yes they were bred to be fighting dogs but they wern't bred to fight with humans only other dogs and have only started showing human aggression in the last ten years since they have become the "COOL" dog to have and silly wannabe gangsters and hard men train them that way !

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ariess

Well we all have some kind of phobias, but you are wrong. They aren't killing machines.

Of course not.

A pit bull attacked and killed his pregnant owner in a Pacifica, Calif., home.

Darla Napora, 32, was attacked by her unneutered, 2-year-old male pit bull Thursday. Her husband, Greg Napora, found her bloody body in the couple's living room with the pit bull, named Gunner, hovering over her.

"When we arrived, what we found was the victim lying in her front room. She was non-responsive, not breathing and suffering major trauma to her upper body," said Pacifica Police Capt. David Bertini.

abcnews.go.com...

But of course its an isolated incident . pitbulls would never attack their owners right! pitbulls are demonized by the media !

how many deaths do we need ?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I forgot to say she is now 2 years old and is actually a staffordshire bull terrier but if you know anything about pit bulls they are a type not a exact breed.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Thats like asking if men should be banned because they rape and beat women.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Better yet , how about i carry a weapon just in case? That would make me feel much better , Espically if its near kids. IF i ever did see your dog attack anyone , i have no problem putting it to sleep for good

I always carry my gun (see all my other posts on ATS), and if my dog, or anyone else's attacked someone, I would also have no problem putting it down. I would expect nothing less.

The thing is, it would just never happen. I, myself, have been bitten by a dog. It was a German Shephard, it lunged through a lady's screen door, and it latched onto my behind! I didn't pull my gun, I grabbed it by its tail and throat, and bodyslammed it to the pavement, and it laid there and tried to breathe while I left. I have also seen packs of dogs that looked very intimidating, acted somewhat aggressively even towards me, and they worried me for the children in the area, and I went back to the house, got my .22 and eliminated the pack. They were strays, they were not pitbulls, and they didn't belong roaming free in a suburban area. I have also run across packs of coyotes in industrial areas working nights, but they scared off easily and I didn't feel they were a threat to anyone.

So, you and I can agree, that if it is necessary to kill a dog, it is necessary, but assuming loving pets are dangerous is still ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Pit Bulls ranked above 121 other dogs in terms of temperament!

www.ywgrossman.com...

The link is full of wonderful photos of BABIES and Kids snuggling with Pit Bulls!!

I own 2 Pits a male and female, both are cuddle bugs and non aggressive, I take them to the dog park several times a week and have seen other dogs such as boxers, and labs get in nasty fights with other dogs but NEVER a pit bull. You are wrong about your opinion, pit bulls are some of the most loyal and loving dogs out there. do a little research before posting something dumb!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
My second pit will be 10 yrs old next week. My children are 2 and 3. They play with her, they try to ride around on her, they sleep with her, and at this moment they are all three laying on one bean bag in front of the tv watching a movie.
Futhermore, we own a family business, located behind our home, and on any given day, my pit reacts with 4-10 people. She active, alert and sometimes playful but she can also appear threatening.
She does not have her ears/tail clipped and she is not a 'mix' either. She is purple ribbon registered with the AKC and is one of the best dogs I have owned. She has 'told on' my children for venturing too close to the street, she has followed my 3 yr old around since he could walk and I know that she would put her life on the line for either one of them. She is intelligent, she is loving, she is a wonderful family dog and she is a very important part of my family.
Recently, I have been attacked by a small daushound as well as a chihuahua. I understand that there are owners out there that mistreat these lovely animals, but as it has been said many times, it is not the dog, it is the owner.
Until someone owns a pit, they have no right to judge.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I think the entire point is being missed here.

Who on earth leaves a small infant or child alone with a dog?
Come ON.
I lost my beloved 12 year old labrador retriever in 2010 to bloat. She was the most trustworthy dog ever.
We rescued her as a 10-month pup from the SPCA and she repaid us with years of loyalty and love. My daughter was 6 at the time, and we always made sure she knew how to handle her dog.
Well-trained, sweet as can be, good with all people and loved our cats.
BUT, when my son was born in '06, not once would I have left him for even a minute, unattended, with the dog.
In the end, you can reason over and over "But, she would never have hurt a fly!" but an ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure.
The point is, ALL dogs can bite. Common sense, people.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Yes that's terrible. Yes its happened. Yes pit bulls can kill. But no, its not limited to their breed.

www.usatoday.com...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join