It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another Baby Mauled to Death by PIT BULL - Should they be Banned?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Avalessa

Or the dog took after its mastiff side which is a very gentle breed. Huge, but sweet.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

And I had a pit bull who snapped at my son. personal encounters of one don't mean anything.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Choppers Rottweiler side was very strong. He was just trained to be a good boy... I miss him

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

they have lower bite pressure then a german sheppard they just dont like to loose and were selected for their gamieness over the years

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

The pit bull never showed any signs of aggression towards the owners. But when the police picked it up, it was very aggressive.
How stupid are these officers? Entering someones house and picking that dog up? How else would the dog react if some people it didn't know came inside and pick it up?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Avalessa

Or the dog took after its mastiff side which is a very gentle breed. Huge, but sweet.

my mastiff is huge and sweet, but you dont want to step in his territory without being invited by myself or my partner.

We heard an almighty clattering in the back garden....

We ran downstairs to find our mastiff running down the garden with a 20ft ladder in his mouth.

The window cleaners had tried to get over the 7ft fence at the back....without ringing the bell and getting permission as usual to come in through the garage.

They havent tried to get over the fence again without announcing they're here first.

I think we can be sure our home is secure!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Heartbreaking.

No.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by selfharmonise

I would have loved to seen that.

Dogs can be hilarious. My Lab likes to play Frisbee but she will only play with a pink one or a yellow one. Figures.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I can understand why people think Pitbulls are "dangerous." As I grew up as a child my first pet was our cat Taz, and then came our Pitbull Gypsy. Now we got Gypsy as a puppy, but the scumbag redneck we got her from in GA (Step-Dads friend) raised them to be aggressive. He kept the boy and we took her. So she was more closley related to that aggressive nature because of the redneck. Well, she had puppies eventually, and we kept one of them, Pinky. Over all of those years, the only thing Gypsy ever did was try to attack our cat. I would relate that with how she was first brought up, in a violent environment. My mom made sure she knew damn well to eventually leave the cat alone.

Now Pinky was the sweetest dog. I loved them both, but Pinky was NEVER affiliated with that violent environment Gypsy had to grow up in for a few weeks. Pinky came in as a puppy to our home, and she never had one problem. That dog would play with the dog next door, which was a chihuahua. Pinky would be very gentle with him. He would try to ride on her back and lay on her stomach. She treated that small dog like a child. Lying next to him and licking him. Just a loving sweet dog.

As was Gypsy, especially later in life when she was getting older. Just very gentle and loving.
Of course, a few years back my mom and step-dad divorced so they stayed with him. And he hardly gave them attention and love. Still, we were not far and when he was gone he would have me come over and feed them so I saw them many times, even up to their deaths. Within the last year, maybe a tad longer Gypsy eventually passed, and im sure the loneliness got to Pinky, and she passed within just a few months after. So all three of the pets I grew up with are now gone.

My point is, these dogs are just made out to be "evil", "dangerous." I still believe it's how they are raised. Gypsy had a little temper with the cat because of how she was first brought up, where the redneck wanted them to be violent. Still, she had pups and those pups never experienced that, and at least with Pinky it showed. That dog never got violent. She was raised from the moment she was brought to this Earth with love and care. And she was a sweetheart.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
it's the way and manner the dogs are raised and trained .

not the way they're bred . if you raise a pitbull the way you raise a poodle , you'll have a great dog.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Wow, are there some ignorant people on here. Over the years, every large breed dog has been a target. Chows, German shepards, rotweillers, dobermans, bulldogs, now, pitbulls. News flash... Dogs can bite. It is and always has been the owners fault when a dog attacks. If any of you ignorant people knew anything about dog behavior, you'd know that. I have had 2 pitbulls, and they have been the most loving, sweetest dogs I have ever owned, and they have NEVER bit anyone, NEVER. One was even a pit we rescued from dog fighting. Now that dog was not well socialized with other dogs, so she had some issues, but with people, never anything but love. I have 8 nieces and nephews, and I NEVER left the dogs with them unattended, do you know why? BECAUSE YOU SHOULD NEVER LEAVE A CHILD UNATTENDED, not because I didn't trust the dogs, it's because they are dogs. We dumb humans try to humanize these precious animals. They are not humans, they are dogs. We only confuse them, constantly. Dogs help mankind in so many ways. We are just now beginning to understand their full capabilities. And with people like Cesaer Milan, perhaps one day everyone will understand how dogs think, and should be treated. All behavior problems in dogs are caused by humans, ALL. I saw a story about a Doberman that had been through severe trauma. The dog used it's stuffed animals to work through it's psychological issues. Sounds crazy huh? Well, some behaviorists thought she was a fraud so they sent someone to see if this was true, well it was. The behaviorist saw the dog making all these huge geometrical shapes in the back yard with her toys. The new owner stated that after the dog finally let her hug it, the dog took 2 of it's stuffed animals and layed them together, hugging. I think the show was Dog Genius on Nat Geo.
So until you are educated on how to properly treat a dog, DON'T GET ONE, PLEASE. It is not a responsibility anyone should ever take lightly. In fact, all puppy mills throughout the US should be banned. There are plenty of dogs, not to mention all their breeding is doing is making genetically flawed dogs with TONS of health issues no one can afford to treat.
I will always have pitbulls. I love with all my heart and soul. God bless dogs.

FYI you anti-pit people, my brother was mauled when he was 3. BY A COCKER SPANIEL.

www.understand-a-bull.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

A lot of people in prison are african american and the proportion is greater than the national population. So does this mean we should ban african americans from living here? Do you see this logic?

What if I said racism and poverty are the reasons for that, not race?

What if bad owners are more attracted to having pit bulls? Who is to blame then?

The reason your kind of thinking is flawed is because even if the dogs ARE to blame, resulting from some genetic tendency to be aggressive, then aren't you kind of playing god? Men are more likely to commit a large array of crimes than women, so does this mean we should ban men? There're lots of examples.

Did you know that they can calculate number of casualties in a car accident that will result from a particular feature of the car? And did you know that they standards in the industry (with government support) that're fully aware of this? They -know- people will die, but they accept it when they assess the costs of implementing more safe alternatives. Ultimately, absolute safety is too expensive and probably impossible.
edit on 19-2-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
For all you ignorant people out there. Pit Bulls are dogs first of all. Aggresive behavior comes from poor training by their masters. A dog will only do what it is allowed to do.
I have 4 pit bulls, and my head dog has a million dollar bite, what I mean by that is if she bites you I'll give a million dollars, because it won't happen. I have a cat who loves them and plays with them, a daughter who will ride on their backs and pull their tails and they do nothing. Why because they are loving creatures and love their owners.
One thing I have learned over the years, that no matter how well behaved a dog is, if it gets out and finds other dogs and roam in a pack, you better find shelter fast. Any dog good or bad reverts back to pack mentality when loose.

Last by not least we have forgotten past decades:
80's Dobermans and German Shepards were feared
90's Rottweilers were feard
00's Pit Bulls are feared.

I remember 10 years ago a Golden Retriever killed a toddler, and everyone was calling up the news station ready to adopt the dog. Strange how stereotypes make people nervous, before evening knowing an outcome.

Also, monitors please move this horrbile post to another thread, this does not deserve to be in survival as this is not something we need to survive from.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant

31 people were killed in dog attacks in the USA in 2011.

22 of them were exclusively by pit bulls, the other nine were among other various breeds.

Should pitbulls be allowed as pets whether with or without "permits"?

What if someone's pit bull gets away while your walking your baby one day in his/her carriage, and it mauls your baby to death maybe in as little as one lethal bite to neck before you can do anything, how will you feel and how will justice be served?

Every year, more than 100,000 Americans are victims of gun violence.

Should we ban them?

www.lcav.org...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dadgad

Originally posted by ignant

31 people were killed in dog attacks in the USA in 2011.

22 of them were exclusively by pit bulls, the other nine were among other various breeds.

Should pitbulls be allowed as pets whether with or without "permits"?

What if someone's pit bull gets away while your walking your baby one day in his/her carriage, and it mauls your baby to death maybe in as little as one lethal bite to neck before you can do anything, how will you feel and how will justice be served?

Every year, more than 100,000 Americans are victims of gun violence.

Should we ban them?

www.lcav.org...

If guns start floating around and shooting people , yes we should ban them . Now can you show me how many guns have minds of their own ? and are fully aware of what they are doing?

Last time i checked , dogs had a conscience and are just going into RED mode.

How many guns go into RED mode on their own ?

I will be right with ya to ban them. till then save your baseless comparisons to pitbull owners ,

as we know reason and logic is not their cup of tea

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I've never seen anything wrong with pit bulls. The ones I've met were always the sweetest dogs.
Plus, you have to think about all the pit bulls that HAVEN'T attacked people. Should they be put to death or banned because of a few dogs that misbehaved?
From what I understand "vicious" animals are often raised to be vicious. Some people will get that breed because of the reputation. And people that get an animal for that reason shouldn't HAVE that animal.

I don't think pit bulls should be banned. Just the moronic people stupid enough to leave a child unattended around an animal.
Children are brats, and don't know how to behave around animals. They'll poke it, pull the fur, tail, ears... in general, do many things that can just tick the animal off. Not all animals are patient and understanding towards kids and they are likely to snap. So kids need to be supervised around animals, until they are old enough to understand how to treat the animal so it doesn't bite. And if you're worried about the animal's behavior, then don't have the animal and a kid in the same house. I know it's not always the trainer's fault. There are sometimes bad seeds. Much like in people.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by greenfox83

I have 4 pit bulls, and my head dog has a million dollar bite, what I mean by that is if she bites you I'll give a million dollars, because it won't happen.

Can you please show us your bank account with this million dollars , so one of us can take up that challenge?

Don't worry i'll wait

I know you love your dogs , but they are animals at the end of the day . You have no clue when they will snap and go into red mode and kill you , your kids , or someone elses .

Also, monitors please move this horrbile post to another thread, this does not deserve to be in survival as this is not something we need to survive from.

lol ! your right. We should make a new forum called. PETS YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE

For you to have that much confidence in your dogs , is prime example of

dillusional owners
edit on 19-2-2012 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

You may want to check your facts a little closer. All bites reported by the news are labeled pitbulls attacks even when there is absolutely no proof. Do you think they do DNA tests after an attack to confirm they are pits? NO.

blogs.denverpost.com...
Not about pits, but about the lying media
btoellner.typepad.com...
nationalcanineresearchcouncil.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonScales

I've never seen anything wrong with pit bulls. The ones I've met were always the sweetest dogs.

awww really ? the sweetest? just ask these family/friends/kids how these dogs are...

pit-bulls.christianfunfair.org...

pit bulls , and their many breeds should be removed. they are a threat to society .

if you can tame and train a pitbull

then i see no reason why i cant tame and train a lion . don't tell me it can't be done because it has been done !

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Come on people dont be hasty. Think about it if you ban BABYS the HUMAN race would ceace to exist.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join