It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Wide Seismic Event...

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Just read the PDF doc! It says it's going to be active on 23 October for a research project....we should watch seismic activity on that date....

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 09:06 AM
link   
There is a good program you can get here : www.geol.binghamton.edu...
the file to download is seisvole.exe, it has a database of all earthquake and volcanic activity since the 60s and can be updated to the latest hour or so via the internet. Everything is displayed on a map and you can change a variety of interesting options to display the data. I have only just downloaded it so don't know too much about it yet! If anyone knows about anything similar/better then I'd appreciate it if you could let me know!!

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 09:34 AM
link   
That's a cool find you got there! I'll be watching when the HAARP prgram starts again!

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
There is another good earthquake monitoring program here: www.starfield-screen-saver.com...
it is not as versatile as the other one I posted about, but is still good! It will even automaticaly update as often as every minute.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The southeastern edge of the ring of fire seems to be quaking big today:

2003/09/14 00:13:46.2 21.9S 159.6E mb5.7 A SED NEW CALEDONIA REGION
2003/09/14 04:57:14.6 24.5N 140.8E 25 mb4.2 A NEWS VOLCANO ISLANDS, JAPAN, REGION
2003/09/14 13:18:22.0 13.6N 141.0E 30 mb5.8 A ODC SOUTH OF MARIANA ISLANDS

Also, California's shaking down south.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

note the 3.0 in Coachella and the 2.4 in Twenty-Nine palms...basically same location.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Hey people, just wanted to throw in an update from my local neighborhood NMSZ. Yesterday was active day with at least a half dozen very small to small quakes all along the fault area or nearbye. These usually range in the neighborhood of 1 to 3 on the r scale so I won't break them down one by one. The moral of this story is better a bunch of small ones to release some of that strain, than one huge one after it gets built up.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by StalkingPanther
Just read the PDF doc! It says it's going to be active on 23 October for a research project....we should watch seismic activity on that date....

You must have invented the time-machine then StalkingPanther, it says 23 October 2000!!

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Devils Advocate

You must have invented the time-machine then StalkingPanther, it says 23 October 2000!!

LOL! Nice find

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Devils Advocate

that was what i meant by i smell a wrong link aswell as what does it have to do with current HAARP activity

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   
A magnitude 6.1 earthquake IN THE CHILE-BOLIVIA BORDER REGION has occurred at:
21.41S 68.05W Depth 127km Wed Sep 17 21:34:46 2003 UTC

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
After being flatline forever....

HAARP is back with a vengeance.
Holy crap, it's going completely haywire.

Batten down the hatches, kids!!

-B.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Lets also keep an eye open for war news or troop movements like around North Korea. The US now has no aircraft carrior battle group in the Pacific for the first time in years.

Originally posted by Banshee
After being flatline forever....

HAARP is back with a vengeance.
Holy crap, it's going completely haywire.

Batten down the hatches, kids!!

-B.

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 12:54 AM
link   
TOKYO (Reuters) - An earthquake measuring 5.5 on the Richter scale jolted Tokyo and nearby areas on Saturday, injuring several people, but there were no reports of major damage.

The quake, with its epicenter 50 miles below the surface in the Pacific Ocean east of Tokyo, occurred at 12:55 p.m. (11:55 p.m. EDT Friday), the Meteorological Agency said.

No tsunami warning was issued, but fire officials quoted by Kyodo news agency said seven people were slightly injured when part of a temple wall collapsed in central Tokyo.

The tremor did not seriously affect transportation.

Japan sits atop the junction of at least three tectonic plates, immense slabs of the earth's crust whose gradual movements are thought to cause earthquakes, making it one of the world's most earthquake-prone regions.

About 500 people were injured and a similar number of homes damaged or destroyed in a quake in July in Miyagi prefecture, 185 miles north of Tokyo.

Memories are still vivid of the earthquake in the western city of Kobe that killed more than 6,400 people eight years ago.

That quake measured 7.2 on the Richter scale.

The Great Kanto earthquake of Sept. 1, 1923, measured 7.9 on the Richter scale and killed more than 140,000 people in Tokyo and the neighboring port city of Yokohama.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 06:44 AM
link   
A 6.5 mag earthquake with a 5.1 aftershock has occurred in the Dominican Republic.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
A 6.5 mag earthquake with a 5.1 aftershock has occurred in the Dominican Republic.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

great resource!!

can i ask a totally newbie question and can I have as close to the truth as we can get.

Is this years seismic activity odd in some way? more of it, less of it, odd patterns, phenomenon, etc.

thanks for helping out a rank newbie

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   
sorry for the triple post, someone wanna fix that?

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Here is an analysis I performed today on a query against NOAA Significant Earthquake Database for all earthquakes of mag 4.0 or greater from 1900 to 06/20/2003 (latest data available), inclusive.

mysticfish.net...

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Here is an analysis I performed today on a query against NOAA Significant Earthquake Database for all earthquakes of mag 4.0 or greater from 1900 to 06/20/2003 (latest data available), inclusive.

mysticfish.net...

looks like a trend to me

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I have been away from this thread for entirely toooooo long... it seems to have just gotten a life of its own and keeps growing....

Val, love the Mystic Fish, wonder if he is related to the Babel Fish???

Well, Val has apparently been very busy with some really excellently prepared statistics, which shows (not a surprise to some) that world wide seismic activity is indeed on the increase, especially over the past 10 years or so.

I do not immediately know of what kind of phenomenon would account for this increase, other than the developement and implementation of HAARP, although even I will admit that conclusion to be premature (although it has some very convincing circumstantial evidence to support it).

In any event, we can clearly see the impact of this increase in activity with the actions occurring around the Yellowstone caldera, as well as other similar seismic features.

A rather disturbing finding indeed.

Thank you very much Val!

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
A magnitude 6.0 earthquake NORTH OF ASCENSION ISLAND has occurred at:
1.16S 13.96W Depth 10km Sun Sep 21 23:15:11 2003 UTC

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join