It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How stupid are conservatives and should some be allowed to hold office?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Yes, that is what makes it so great ..... stupidity like crack coc aine .... it know no bounds ... race, religion or nationality .......

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

I know and understand how these endocrine disruptors and hormones are polluting the rivers and streams in the US. I every major American waterway we find hermaphroditic fish which have both sexes organs ... However, that is not what she seemed to imply...... be honest .... she could not even get it right who did the study .....

Interesting change of view there. This is what you originally said.

The political season hit another low today when a Vermont legistator claimed that women using birth control pills resulted in men getting prostate cancer! I hope her outhouse door hits her in the butt as she is laughed out of office!

You made it sound as if her having the idea itself made her stupid. Now, she sounds "intellectually challenged", but not because of this idea. Actually, you and she have something in common. Neither of you did your due diligence ie research before making claims.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Yes, that is what makes it so great ..... stupidity like crack coc aine .... it know no bounds ... race, religion or nationality .......
Ok, so should liberals also be banned from office? I would support that.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

The political season hit another low today when a Vermont legistator claimed that women using birth control pills resulted in men getting prostate cancer! I hope her outhouse door hits her in the butt as she is laughed out of office! Here's the link and a snippet......

Woman lawmaker suggests men get prostate cancer from women who use the Pill

A New Hampshire lawmaker thinks she has found one more reason for health insurance not to cover contraception for women.

During a Thursday hearing on a resolution calling for President Barack Obama to exempt religious institutions from covering birth control, state Rep. Jeanine Notter (R-Merrimack) made the surprising claim that female contraceptives cause prostate cancer in men.

I quoted the entirety for useful discussion. Your title and your post just do not add up....unless you are aiming to sway your audience -- like that dreaded and hateful news agency Fox News. -- nah, can't be.

I understand that Rep. Jeanine Notter is a registered Republican, but how does this apply to conservatives exactly?!

sorry but I don't know any main stream republicans who are not conservatives... Libertarian Ron Paul might be the exception but lets admit that liberal ideology is not in the republican dogma hence republican dogma is only half of the L?R paradigm ..... ......

My mother the Southern Baptist thinks that these two words, conservative and republican, are one in the same......

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

along with corporate exectives who are incharge of corporations who defraud the government ........

all elections need to be publically funded from a general pool where campaign donations are put .......

funny game .... your playing with the leading questions ........ the fact is that our electorial process and elections are turing into a farce where gerrymandering and the corrupt party system has bought bythe wealthy for the administering of their agenda ... not for the people!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

along with corporate exectives who are incharge of corporations who defraud the government ........

all elections need to be publically funded from a general pool where campaign donations are put .......

funny game .... your playing with the leading questions ........ the fact is that our electorial process and elections are turing into a farce where gerrymandering and the corrupt party system has bought bythe wealthy for the administering of their agenda ... not for the people!
If my questions cause you to reexamine your prejudices, then I am doing us all a favor. You seem to have changed your tune from "conservatives are too stupid to live" to "stupidity knows no bounds, and even liberals can be stupid". On the other hand, should your own posts be examined in detail, your own capabilities come into question.
edit on 17-2-2012 by DarthMuerte because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

clearly you did not read the article because she was not talking about pollutition but that dirty three letter word "sex"

she should be run out of office but I doubt that she will since 90 percent of voters seem to think it is "anothers" legistature ...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

clearly you did not read the article because she was not talking about pollutition but that dirty three letter word "sex"

she should be run out of office but I doubt that she will since 90 percent of voters seem to think it is "anothers" legistature ...

Just because she is a prude does not, in and of itself, indicate a lack of intelligence.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Heck, we've got Drug Resistant clap floating around these days. She might be a bit smarter than the rest of us

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Heck, we've got Drug Resistant clap floating around these days. She might be a bit smarter than the rest of us
She might be at that.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Amazing how people here are making this out to be conservative stupidity without doing even the most remote research.
by John R. Lee, MD - a Harvard-trained physician and leading medical authority on natural progesterone, Medical News Letter January 1999

Some years back, a handful of men called or wrote to tell me of their experience with progesterone, usually the result of handling progesterone cream while helping a woman apply it. They reported that their symptoms of prostate enlargement or benign prostatic hypertrophy (3PK) such as urinary urgency and frequency decreased considerably, and their sexual performance increased, Needless to say, this gave me much to think about. Since then, several men with prostate cancer have told me their PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen) level - an indication of prostate cancer - decreased when they started using a daily dab of progesterone cream, and that they have had no progression of their prostate lesions since using the cream. One man called to say his bone metastases are now no longer visible by Mayo clinic X-ray tests.

Why does prostate cancer occur so often in aging men? Consider the changes in testicular hormone production as men age:

Estradiol (an estrogen) effect increases. Testosterone Is a direct antagonist of estradiol. Both the fall in testosterone and the shift from testosterone to DHT allows increased effect of estradiol. Male estradiol levels are equivalent to or greater than that of postmenopausal females, but normally estradiol's effects are suppressed (antagonized) by the male's greater production of testosterone

The course of prostate cancer growth, like breast cancer growth [is] due to the continued presence of an underlying metabolic imbalance. The underlying metabolic imbalance in all hormone-dependent cancers is estrogen dominance. Prevent the estrogen dominance and you will prevent the cancer

www.healthyhormones.com...

edit on 17-2-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Good info here 3rdEye.

Well it looks like there may be some merit to the case after all.

Maybe our "conservative in question" knew what she was talking about after all !

The big question now is whether or not the Liberal lawmakers and consultants took this into consideration when deciding to mandate certain things in the ObamaCare legislation !!

If they are later found to have known and then suppressed this possibly damaging information, then perhaps THEY should be banned from holding office

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

I don't really see how this means Conservatives are "stupid"... perhaps that specific lawmaker may be stupid, I don't know, and personally I don't care either. If I had a nickle for every stupid, utterly moronic thing Nanci Pelosi has said for instance I'd be a rich man. Doesn't make me question the intelligence of Liberals though. Then again.... I did already have a low opinion of Californians..

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I don't really see how this means Conservatives are "stupid"...

This is a prevalent method utilized by all of MSM regarding both parties and is creeping at an ever increasing pace into normal discussion.

Why distinguish when you can generalize and paint with a broad brush. Though, I give a hat tip to the OP who stated that they should have worded their title better.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

So because one idiot said this, you immediately ask "How stupid are conservatives?" Your stupidity is far greater than this one idiot if that is the conclusion that you came to.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnimositisominA
If you play into the whole Liberal/ Conservative fiasco, then you are just as bad as they are.

You are exactly right!

This name calling is ridicules.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Extreme Liberals and extreme Conservatives are both stupid, shallow and fail to fully understand humans around them.

I see how you people think that both terms are only used for divide and conquer, I would usually be right about this fact for many things. But I do really think that there is a difference of thinking between both sides.

I personally feel like not extreme Liberals are more intelligent but that in no way means we do not need conservatives around. I think it's important to see all sides of a subject before deciding what to do about it.

It's a bit like men and women. Although I feel that most men usually have better qualities to be in politics, almost every great man had a great women behind them and removing women from politics is a bad idea because they tend to think a bit different and we need different opinions to forge the best path.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AnimositisominA

Doesn't seem like she was making it up out of thin air

www.newscientist.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

www.foxnews.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join