It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

How stupid are conservatives and should some be allowed to hold office?

page: 1
5
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The political season hit another low today when a Vermont legistator claimed that women using birth control pills resulted in men getting prostate cancer! I hope her outhouse door hits her in the butt as she is laughed out of office! Here's the link and a snippet......

Woman lawmaker suggests men get prostate cancer from women who use the Pill




A New Hampshire lawmaker thinks she has found one more reason for health insurance not to cover contraception for women.

During a Thursday hearing on a resolution calling for President Barack Obama to exempt religious institutions from covering birth control, state Rep. Jeanine Notter (R-Merrimack) made the surprising claim that female contraceptives cause prostate cancer in men.
.




posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
If you play into the whole Liberal/ Conservative fiasco, then you are just as bad as they are.



posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns
 


I reckon there are useful idiots who serve useful & singular purposes in public office; nonetheless, I'm not biting on the generalization you imply about conservatives aggregately.
edit on 17-2-2012 by Kovenov because: typo



posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns
The political season hit another low today when a Vermont legistator claimed that women using birth control pills resulted in men getting prostate cancer! I hope her outhouse door hits her in the butt as she is laughed out of office! Here's the link and a snippet......

Woman lawmaker suggests men get prostate cancer from women who use the Pill




A New Hampshire lawmaker thinks she has found one more reason for health insurance not to cover contraception for women.

During a Thursday hearing on a resolution calling for President Barack Obama to exempt religious institutions from covering birth control, state Rep. Jeanine Notter (R-Merrimack) made the surprising claim that female contraceptives cause prostate cancer in men.
.


I quoted the entirety for useful discussion. Your title and your post just do not add up....unless you are aiming to sway your audience -- like that dreaded and hateful news agency Fox News. -- nah, can't be.

I understand that Rep. Jeanine Notter is a registered Republican, but how does this apply to conservatives exactly?!



posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns
 


Maybe not so crazy


It isn’t entirely clear why the use of birth control pills would affect cancer in men, but the authors, Dr. David Margel, a urologist at Princess Margaret Hospital, and Dr. Neil Fleshner, head of urology at the University Health Network, in Toronto, suggest that it may have to do with environmental exposure: estrogen in birth control pills may be released in urine and end up in the water supply


ABC Study Links Birth Control to Prostate Cancer

BBC Link

Maybe you should do a little research before calling anyone "stupid"?



posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns
 



Liberals think islands will sink.



All of our politicians are idiots; move along.
edit on 2/17/2012 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Three underlining facts why only fools vote for more lawmakers:

1) No one knows the number of laws that exist, nor can they learn the number of mandatory expectations within their lifetime, let alone what they all are word for word and what they all mean when held in context with eachother simultaneously. Hell, not even Google or the internet know how many laws there are.

2) Existing laws are not required learning in schools.

3) America's current model of government exists BECAUSE: Hundreds of years ago it took weeks, months, and even years to get information from point A to point B. Hence we had a central government with senators and representatives that spent part of their year with their constituents, and keeping in touch with their needs and issues, and the rest of the year in DC.



So who plans on voting so we can pay these people to make more laws and pay them for it with money we can not afford?

Do you know the number of laws that exist?
Does your favorite candidate know the number of laws that exist?

If we locked all the current law makers up in a big nice plush resort and did not let them out until they collectively wrote down all the existing laws word for word from memory, do you honestly believe they would live long enough to complete the task?

Only fools vote for more lawmakers.

Truth is, like what happened in Iowa, Maine, and the Carolinas, the fools' votes may not even counted anyways. They may just plug whatever numbers they want to in there because they obviously can.


Or maybe I'm just venting my current level of mistrust and frustration.



edit on 17-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: add the last sentence and a ' somewhere, and change a "their" to proper english and "there.



posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AnimositisominA
 


as an Independent I laugh at the rest of my family who buy into that paradigm ... I know and understand cons and libs is just one of those lets us divide you so we can conquer ....... it is a useful tool of the oilgarchy!



posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra
 



The whole island will tip over and capsize
The admiral actually kept a straight face when he said


We do not anticipate that







posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Stupidity is no respecter of political lines labels or affiliation. There is plenty to go around. Probably the biggest faction of stupidity is those who still buy into the left/right liberal/conservative divide and conquer brainwashing...



posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars
 


if you look at the facts and the breakdown by numbers of people represented by an individual legistator today it has been so diluted that no legistator really represents the people but a small minority of the people .....



posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns
 

A couple quick things here...

I am an unapologetic conservative.

I am NOT a republican, although I vote that way as often as other parties taken together.

If you'd made your headline 'Republican Politicians' and not the generalization of conservatives, I'd pretty much agree. Then again....both major parties suck and if you watch closely, the big D's and big R's that fight like cats and dogs become little d's and little r's after-hours to play golf and have drinks. Funny that..... You'd almost think they were simply different public faces of the same wooden nickle.






posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra
 





posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Stupidity is no respecter of political lines labels or affiliation. There is plenty to go around. Probably the biggest faction of stupidity is those who still buy into the left/right liberal/conservative divide and conquer brainwashing...


BINGO ..... I whole heartly agree ...... try having a mother and sister who are now "Southern Baptists" and another sister die hard democrat .... I have fun debating with all of them .....

however in this case she is a conservative!



posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns
 

A couple quick things here...

I am an unapologetic conservative.

I am NOT a republican, although I vote that way as often as other parties taken together.

If you'd made your headline 'Republican Politicians' and not the generalization of conservatives, I'd pretty much agree. Then again....both major parties suck and if you watch closely, the big D's and big R's that fight like cats and dogs become little d's and little r's after-hours to play golf and have drinks. Funny that..... You'd almost think they were simply different public faces of the same wooden nickle.





personally, I believe that the "party system" is corrupt to the core and the only way to get in the game is belong to their club. And you are right I should have titled it "Republican Politicians" ......... republicans and democrats today are all too willing to give up their right so they can take somebody elses today ....



posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra
 


LMAO in tears .... how do these people create enough brain power to walk and breathe? I never saw this before ..... thank you ......



posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns
reply to post by eNumbra
 


LMAO in tears .... how do these people create enough brain power to walk and breathe? I never saw this before ..... thank you ......
You know he was a "dimocrat", right?



posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

personally, I believe that the "party system" is corrupt to the core and the only way to get in the game is belong to their club. And you are right I should have titled it "Republican Politicians" ......... republicans and democrats today are all too willing to give up their right so they can take somebody elses today ....


Well heck then, lets start all over!

Given the story here, I'd have to agree entirely. While I happen to be on the same side as she ..err..seems to be..on this whole health/church thing, her argument makes me wonder how she manages her way through life from day to day. Really... That level of stupidity is just mind boggling. She can't be a virgin, so she must grasp biology. Yet... That still isn't enough to overcome her level of 'Bozo'.



posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte
 


I know and understand how these endocrine disruptors and hormones are polluting the rivers and streams in the US. I every major American waterway we find hermaphroditic fish which have both sexes organs ... However, that is not what she seemed to imply...... be honest .... she could not even get it right who did the study .....



new topics

top topics



 
5
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join