It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Missiles less threatening now

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Russina Missiles less threating now

[url=http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showthread.php?399597-Russia-Wants-to-Build-New-Missiles-to-Hit-the-U.S[/url]

The US has the nerve to have missile defenses that actually defend it?

Get this: The General commanding Russia Strategic Rocket Forces, Lieutenant General Sergei Karakayev, said in December that the new Russian Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles (ICBMs) are needed -- because the existing ones are vulnerable to US missile defenses.
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.timebomb2000.com...

edit on 17-2-2012 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Russians have been sleeping the whole of 1990s and now they find that their nuclear deterrent is nearly cancelled out. No wonder Obama wants to cut US nukes by 80% as he know missiles from outside won't be able to penetrate.

I think US knew it all along as it broke off the missile defense treaty sometimes in early line nearly 10 years or so.

New trend in offensive weapons is to do with Rail Guns, EMP bombs, Space based Rods from God. These do not use nukes but can inflict much more damage.

www.stonegateinstitute.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Simply put...we have missiles that defend our missiles that defend our missiles.

2nd

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Link doesnt appear to work.

Not sure if this defense is all that, is it? Going to be able to stop SLBM? Lets say the Russians launched their entire arsenal at the continental USA? What percentage would make it through?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The link provided is not working. My computer reports that it is not a valid address. Can a working link to the article be provided, please? Thanks.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Try this link:

www.timebomb2000.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
Link doesnt appear to work.

Not sure if this defense is all that, is it? Going to be able to stop SLBM? Lets say the Russians launched their entire arsenal at the continental USA? What percentage would make it through?

And that only haft the problem remenber reading somewhere that if the incoming missile was the be intersepted that it would detonate before it was destroy.
And many of those would be right over our head.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

One nuke would ruin your whole day.

Just saying is all.

Both sides have been working on newer generations of "Hypersonic" missiles [That can reach anywhere in the world in less than 30 minutes] and both sides have tried labeling them as "Non Nuclear" yet, One has to wonder if some bean counter squirreled away some place hasn't thought of putting a Nuclear Warhead on one of these next generation missiles?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

I am fairly certain, the first intercepts would be roughly half way between Russia and the US. Can you imagine the nervousness and worry, watching a computer screen, as blips are racing toward each other, knowing that life or certain death, depends on those blips.

I have seen some of the brightest minds in medicine, buckle under a stress test. Stress and nerves can wreak havoc on an otherwise unshakable mind.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by victor7

Russians have been sleeping the whole of 1990s and now they find that their nuclear deterrent is nearly cancelled out. No wonder Obama wants to cut US nukes by 80% as he know missiles from outside won't be able to penetrate.

I think US knew it all along as it broke off the missile defense treaty sometimes in early line nearly 10 years or so.

Russian missiles are "cancelled" out? Most of Russia's missiles that are intended for the US are either deployed in submarines or on mobile platforms throughout Siberia.

The European ABM shield is meant to stop Russian re-encroachment on Europe by solidifying defensive pacts with countries that NATO promised Gorbachev that it would never go after. In effect, the European ABM shield is more of a geopolitical tool than some omniscient weapon system. Also, if it came down to it, those ABM sites would suffer from Russian salvos of conventional missiles (ie, Iskanders) before they even get the chance to intercept Russian ICBMs.

New trend in offensive weapons is to do with Rail Guns, EMP bombs, Space based Rods from God. These do not use nukes but can inflict much more damage.

- Rail guns require massive amounts of fuel to operate, just like most new American weaponry. This single factor is the biggest threat to the US military machine- both in the sense that they require wars to maintain their fuel imports and their weapons are vulnerable to jamming equipment/techniques produced by countries just like Russia.

- Russia has always been the leader in EMP weaponry.

- Got any real evidence of "Rods from God"? Because I've never seen anything but fantasy when it comes to that concept. I've seen somewhat credible reports of other US and Russian space weapons but the stuff is secret enough for us not to make realistic conclusions on them.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScarletWitch
reply to post by Trillium

I am fairly certain, the first intercepts would be roughly half way between Russia and the US. Can you imagine the nervousness and worry, watching a computer screen, as blips are racing toward each other, knowing that life or certain death, depends on those blips.

I have seen some of the brightest minds in medicine, buckle under a stress test. Stress and nerves can wreak havoc on an otherwise unshakable mind.

Which put a high percentage off then right over Canada
ME

Only take ONE 5 to 10 over me head and I'm Toast.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Cancel out means even if they are launched they will be intercepted and destroyed. Missiles from Russia proper might be killed in the booster phase itself. Hypersonic missiles might or might be able to penetrate. Topol-M is already hypersonic to the speed of 20 Machs but it needs to be able to take off and reach space.

Regarding Rail Gun, it does require lots of energy but if employed on like Aircraft Carrier, these can cancel out the Russian anti ship missiles like Yakhonts. Rail Guns tech can be a cheap way to even do the anti aircraft defense. Russia is not far behind in either Rail Gun or EMP.

Rods from Gods have already been sent to space covertly and wonder who carried them for US? Russian cargo satellites, although they did not know what they are carrying. US has already conducted an attack on Moon's pole regarding this weapon. However, it is not yet employed in large scale as yet. US has again bypassed the space treaty by saying they are only putting conventional weapon in space and treaty prevents any nuclearization of space.

Russia can employ plasma weapon to kill these satellites but this attack will have to be preemptive. Right now there is no way of finding if Sat has launched a projectile to a target which becomes hypersonic at some stage. Very less time to cancel it out. Adding fins and tails will also make it maneuverable and then we are talking micro seconds determining the outcome for offense and defense. These Rods can cause immense damage to a city and 100s times more than even a 10 Megaton Nuke. It can be like an Asteroid hitting that city.

New US doctrine is to be able to attack any place in less than 1 hour using hyper sonic missiles and even special forces on a plane that goes out into the space and circles the whole earth in 1 hour and then re-enters earth atmosphere to descend to any country of choice. This way they need no go through the channels of asking for flying permission from other countries.

The only main deterrent to these Trillion dollar programs is the US economic situation. However, in presence of real threat they will not mind having their defense budget of $2T a year. New focus is on robotic warriors, drones etc. which allow them to replace human soldiers and not pay $50K a year salaries and another $500K for medical purposes if they get injured. However, other side of this is countries like China and India and even Russia can make these robots at much cheap price and nearly cancel out the advantage. However, in a USAF simulation fight 1 F-22 kills 14 non stealth planes like F-15 before getting hit and 1 squdron of F-22s along with F-15s killed 243 of the opposing force and suffered only 2 kills on its side. Of these two none were F22s. This shows that technology lead is very important be it 5th generation plane or 1st generation robotic fighters.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Absolutely, that was my point.

What does it matter if it stops 50% of incoming nukes, society is already decimated. I would wager to say that one EMP over North America would be catastrophic beyond imagining.

Not sure i understand what it is to "win" a nuclear war on that scale.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Absolutely, that was my point.

What does it matter if it stops 50% of incoming nukes, society is already decimated. I would wager to say that one EMP over North America would be catastrophic beyond imagining.

Not sure i understand what it is to "win" a nuclear war on that scale.

True and not true, but country like US will not be destroyed even if all the Russian nukes are able to hit their targets. The whole earth will not be destroyed even if all the nukes from everyone goes and does its job. It will take 1000x of current nukes to destroy the whole earth. I was surprised too but this is the new reality. EMPs can do a much large damage to a city than a nuke. Soon nukes might be going obsolete.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Thanks for the information, the topic of nuclear anything always makes me a little uneasy :/
If you dont mind me asking, what are these 'Space Base Rods from God' that will inflict quite a bit of damage you speak of?! That is the first time I have heard that term and would love to learn what youre implying..Sounds interesting, Dangerous but worth asking!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I always here this about the dreaded "EMP" over North America/US although this is true. Any modern country would be devastated by such an event that includes Russia and China etc.

All the old Cold War adversaries have looked at this option/scenario.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor7
True and not true, but country like US will not be destroyed even if all the Russian nukes are able to hit their targets. The whole earth will not be destroyed even if all the nukes from everyone goes and does its job. It will take 1000x of current nukes to destroy the whole earth. I was surprised too but this is the new reality. EMPs can do a much large damage to a city than a nuke. Soon nukes might be going obsolete.

Again, that isnt the point.

Look at Hurricane Katrina. So minor compared to a nuclear war, yet society broke down, didnt it? People raped, murdered, looted and more. Can you imagine the complete and utter breakdown of society if even one nuke was airburst above the continental USA and power was lost?

Im sorry, i do not have as much faith in humanity as you do. I know all the nukes world wont "destroy" the earth, but im counting on humans to do that after the dust settles,

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

Just type rods from gods and wikipedia should be the first or top searches. just follow it from there use links etc.

en.wikipedia.org...

basic premise is if something hits a target with enough speed then kinetic energy of hit is immense as force = mass x speed (i think).

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The people need to replace all of their leaders with themselves and expose all corruptions and lies even in religions and institute a moneyless system of abundance, with only volunteers and no slavery.

And no more stockpiled weapons. They deal with the wrong ETs to begin with, and so should be actively seeking advice on how to transition to peace, and equality and grass roots power and what kind of defense should be done from the peaceful ones.

I don't support anything else, so all of this is just talking criminal activity to me. Massive crimes against humanity.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I would like to see some of the worlds nations facilitate this, and come right out in the open and disclose all the truths and corrutpion and set up grass roots councils half men and women and grass roots run venus projects and declare everyone free. A system of high educations and volunteering and abundance.

That would blow the hoods of the occultists in UK/US.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join