It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Missiles less threatening now

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
the pentagon couldn't even defend against a hijacked plane. and supposedly it has state of the art missile defence system.

and no defence could defend sub launched nukes.

and where is this magical defence system. i don't see missile batteries scattered around the u.s.

unless it's space based.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lordnightstalker

There are few holes in US missile defense layers a) what if russians take out the satellites in the space, then lots of guidance etc. is gone b) what if russians EMP harden their ICBMs and other crucial systems to remain alive even after EMP attack. c) Even after first strike, Russian assets in Poland, Czech, Turkey take out the AMD radars then lots of AMD capability is lost although ship based AEGIS systems are still alive. d) Who says Russia does not have EMP bombs of its own. e) Who says Russia does not have Rods of Gods of its own.

Would appreciate a counter argument on these.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor7
Regarding Rail Gun, it does require lots of energy but if employed on like Aircraft Carrier, these can cancel out the Russian anti ship missiles like Yakhonts. Rail Guns tech can be a cheap way to even do the anti aircraft defense. Russia is not far behind in either Rail Gun or EMP.

How does a railgun cancel out a ramjet anti-ship missile?

I would very much like to see a projectile system intercept a missile flying at it at speeds beyond mach 2.6. Even a laser system doing this would be inpressive. And even this very example is far from the reality of a combat situation where multiple missiles, among other threats and jamming, would be attacking all at once.

And Russia fell behind the US in terms of EMP weaponry? Since when ?

Rods from Gods have already been sent to space covertly and wonder who carried them for US? Russian cargo satellites, although they did not know what they are carrying.

Yeah, because dem dere Russians are mighty stupid enough to do just that

You would be better off making a claim that all of the secret US Navy rocket launches brought up this mythical weapon.

Russia can employ plasma weapon to kill these satellites but this attack will have to be preemptive.

Proof of this?

These Rods can cause immense damage to a city and 100s times more than even a 10 Megaton Nuke. It can be like an Asteroid hitting that city.

And yet there is no real proof or documentation that they are actually up there. I've only really heard about in among armchair internet warriors who get wet from such prospects.

However, in presence of real threat they will not mind having their defense budget of $2T a year.

BS. Official US military budget is around 700billion. Do you have any idea what tripling that budget will do for the American homeland?

Of these two none were F22s. This shows that technology lead is very important be it 5th generation plane or 1st generation robotic fighters.

All that simulation showed, was the expected results from a simulation. Far different from a real situation.

e) Who says Russia does not have Rods of Gods of its own.

You mean like Elipton? Again, just like "Rods from God"; it sounds nice when discussed on the internet, yet there is no real evidence to its existence.

If you could throw some real and credible reports on space weaponry my way, and I'm talking government-stamped stuff, I may respond with some merit to your claims.

Frankly I don't understand why people don't claim that flying saucers are a serious factor considering that they exist and appear to be secret programs. Lots of pictures and documents and history of their development. Yet people prefer to bring up weapon systems that nobody has ever seen because they are "top secret". It just boggles my mind.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

From here on visit this site on daily basis: www.wired.com...
The articles here discuss lots of research from DARPA and you can get an idea of what tech is around the corner. Ex: Article 2 for today has the headline: Pentagon’s Project ‘Avatar’: Same as the Movie, but With Robots Instead of Aliens

US Senate recently allowed the rail gun research budget to be saved from cuts. The military was able to convince them that rail gun tech has lots of merits towards naval warfare and other areas also.

Russia does carry lots of cargo for other nations and they do not have to disclose what is in their satellite package.

Plasma Weapon has been discussed in Soviet circles very seriously since the mid 80s. Even if they have it, they do not need to disclose. Same with Rods of God and other secret weapons. If US or Russia have them then no need to disclose.

Trust me, US military simulations are very tough in criteria, very realistic and stringent in conditions. They do not like to lose men and thus are ready to throw much more money to harden their weapons. It is very simple: F22 can see a F15 or Su35 from lot more far and employ missiles and get out of the area. Conventional planes cannot see F22 until like 30-50 Kms and by that time Raptor is long gone. Only thing the other pilot sees is the missile homing in.

How can I get a government stamped stuff? Do not think Russian government is waiting for that stamp either, 'cause that would strategically suicidal. Best some internet links can be forwarded once they come along.

edit on 17-2-2012 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lordnightstalker

if you eliminate the bulk of China Russia India and Pakistan for all intents and purposes you have freed up a continent, the resources are still mine-able, the land can still produce food and you don't need to send large numbers of people 10 men can mine or harvest 100 acres with modern equipment

that is the main point. Russians changed course from communism and so did the majority of the world......so what is real tussle here. The new war is on the resources like oil, water, commodities, fertile lands etc. Russia has plentyful of these and that is why all this 'Arab Spring' and coddling India as a full time ally and inviting Georgia to NATO and courting Ukraine for the same...............all this is to get hands on Russia's resources and then face off China to slave their people for manufacturing related needs. NeoCon greed is sure evil!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by victor7
How can I get a government stamped stuff? Do not think Russian government is waiting for that stamp either, 'cause that would strategically suicidal. Best some internet links can be forwarded once they come along.

You get government-stamped stuff handed to you by actually pushing yourself into the field. I've been handed documents originating from my government that no regular person would scrounge up or even care about without knowing what the stuff actually is, and I am only a student (not saying the documents are illegal or anything, just that interesting stuff tends to be easily ignored in the bureaucratic vortex of paperwork).

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I am reviving this 2012 discussion, to add current and relevant information.

The Chinese are known to be pursuing EMP weapons - and may have set one of our Pacific Cruise Ships on fire a few years ago. But Russia conducts experiments with one of the world's most powerful impulse generators. Here's an article from a current issue of "Russia Today":

rt.com...
DRONE CAPTURES PHOTOS OF SOVIET-ERA 'TESLA TOWER' LIGHTNING MACHINE IN A FOREST

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Less threatening?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr
Link doesnt appear to work.

Not sure if this defense is all that, is it? Going to be able to stop SLBM? Lets say the Russians launched their entire arsenal at the continental USA? What percentage would make it through?
the new aerostats are going to provide lookdown radar and other sensor coverage against the slbms and other terrain huggers. systems are comming on line that can service a bogey no matter how fast it takes evasive actions or has a flat trajectory to fool 1970's era air defense radars we no longer use.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join