It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Know something?Why so many disaster simulation drills!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by diamondsmith

Self-defense mechanism of a person can be more powerful then all the drills if you know beforehand.

But since human beings cannot predict earthquakes, brush fires, train derailments, nuclear meltdowns or terrorist attacks, it's a good thing people practice, right?
Yes it is,practice is normal and a need,also warning people before could save more lives then any drill(s).

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Yes it is,practice is normal and a need,also warning people before could save more lives then any drill(s).

Which is why they warn people about things they know about, and tell them to prepare for emergencies thy can't predict.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

emergencies thy can't predict.
Well let me have a little doubt about that,if you don't mind of course.

edit on 18-2-2012 by diamondsmith because: add

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Sure, it's your amygdala.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Sure, it's your amygdala.
No it is not, because I don't have locus coeruleus,(joking,of course)
edit on 18-2-2012 by diamondsmith because: n1

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Agreed something IS going on
With most nations conducting cutbacks on security services and armed forces
At the same time I have noticed a MASSIVE increase in CBRN exercises and a MASSIVE increase in spending on equipment - everything from cutting edge respirators to detection and treatment kit (CBRN chemical biological radiological and nuclear )
Wheres the increase in threat come from ?
I can't think of any events that would warrant such action and spending on such a large scale in such a short timeframe
It just don't add up

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

No it is not, because I don't have locus coeruleus,

That explains everything.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

I can't think of any events that would warrant such action and spending on such a large scale in such a short timeframe

Maybe it has something to do with a lot of people chanting "Death to America!" Just a wild guess.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I don't know but I will try the same "wild guess" that global financial meltdown and recent uprisings combined with flat line civil unrest all over the world could be the cause,and on the top of all over the Nature's call...

edit on 18-2-2012 by diamondsmith because: n2

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader
Agreed something IS going on
At the same time I have noticed a MASSIVE increase in CBRN exercises and a MASSIVE increase in spending on equipment - everything from cutting edge respirators to detection and treatment kit (CBRN chemical biological radiological and nuclear )
Wheres the increase in threat come from ?
It just don't add up

And how about widespread reports of police forces throughout the U.S. receiving
free military hardware worth hundreds of millions of dollars?
articles.businessinsider.com...

The U.S. military has some of the most advanced killing equipment in the world that allows it to invade almost wherever it likes at will.

We produce so much military equipment that inventories of military robots, M-16 assault rifles, helicopters, armored vehicles, and grenade launchers eventually start to pile up and it turns out a lot of these weapons are going straight to American police forces to be used against US citizens.

Benjamin Carlson at The Daily reports on a little known endeavor called the "1033 Program" that gave more than $500 million of military gear to U.S. police forces in 2011 alone.

Worrying developements that do not bode well.

Interesting comment posted from link:

smoke on Dec 5, 8:25 AM said:
With the passage of the NATIONAL DEFENSE AUTHORIZATION ACT in the senate last week, the police wont need the military vehicles as the military will take over the police duties in america as the 93 benedict arnolds in the senate esp john mccain , carl levin and miss lindsey graham, have abolished the posse comitatus act which had up until now prevented the military from being used in police duties in america, but that is all now gone with the wind. Do a search on HITLERS ENABLING ACT of 1933 and you will see that the NATIONAL DEFENSE AUTHORIZATION ACT is in regards to sections 1031 and 1032 and 1033 a carbon copy of HITLERS ENABLING ACT, which gave hitler the right to arrest german citizens without warrant and with out a trial and soon millions were swept up and sent to the death camps. The traitors in the senate have sold americans into the reincarnation of the THIRD REICH.

daddy warbucks on Dec 5, 8:54 AM said:
"With the passage of the NATIONAL DEFENSE AUTHORIZATION ACT" and the military training occurring as I write of siezing, disarming and controlling middle class neighborhoods (and much foreign military involvement, after all, foreign troops will have no problem killing Americans). This makes perfect sense logistically and the pyschological advantage of not having to freak out citizens if the big stuff is already there. "Riddles In Stone" -- Chris Pinto on Alex Jones youtu.be... New World Order Bilderberg Group - Open Your Eyes and See The ... Jan 12, 2009 ... The truth is right here, in front of our faces! It's not "just ... New World Order Bilderberg Group - ... www.youtube.com... - Cached "We are grateful to the Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries." - David Rockefeller The National Press Club seemed to perfectly understand and agree with David. Which of our elected officials, who have sworn an oath to uphold our Constitution, are involved in 'supranational' efforts to "march" us to a NWO?

edit on 18-2-2012 by pshea38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
People just can't seem to be able to reply to the OP in a civilized Manner rather than making rude comments/making fun of OP and his thread . If you do not agree with him fine, but don't make people in this forum have a fear to speak their mind and open a thread with such level of ridicule going around. Critics need to use common sense before ATS turns into just another forum where any thought process outside a certain boundary is ridiculed......

as for the thread topic... I am seeing a rather weird increase in similar preparedness all over the world.. The question the OP asking is why now, why all of a sudden... Is it something they know... One can never be too careful .. anything is possible in this world... members of ATS at least should know that...
edit on 18-2-2012 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by Feltrick

Drills happen all the time, whether table top exercises or full scale, it's just a way for them to be prepare.
I hope you are right and the size and the number of the exercises doesn't mean anything.

Diamondsmith, I have been following your comments on here, what do you know that you aren't telling us? I don't care if its an educated guess, I would like to know what your true thoughts are please. private message me if you have to.
edit on 18-2-2012 by Jerisa because: addition

edit on 18-2-2012 by Jerisa because: name

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Do you remember about ten years ago when the nation was afraid of a smallpox threat?

My county called off school for a day. Then all the teachers and administrators were led through a smallpox drill. The plan was that if the worst happened, folks would gather at local schools. They would then be bussed to a central point to receive vaccinations.

The nurses showed us how to do the shots. Not much to it, and that way we could help more people.

Nothing ever came of that drill, thank God. Sometimes practice really is just practice.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
sreply to post by diamondsmith

With 9-11 still luming in our minds, katrina, the bp oilspill, japan's meltdowns, the increasing tentions with iran, and the hundreds of terroist plots each year... I personally think its about time we start thinking about the protection of our citizens! I'm a security professional working very closely with these fields, and yes I will say there has been a slight increase in drills an preemptive measures... but I think this is more do to the wakeup call we've gotten from our recent past events. Those listed above have caused the security/emergency response teams to take a long hard look at themselves. Up to now, their tactics had been very primitive. A major rehaul was absolutely needed so to prevent any unneccesary casualties should something major occur in the future. I won't go as far to say that doesn't mean someone on the inside doesnt have information pertaining to some future event, but these actions are still neccesary regardless.
edit on 18-2-2012 by mutatismutandis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

So you think that after Fukishima, that CBURN exercises are unusual? And after the east coast quake that rattled a few nuclear plants?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mutatismutandis

Not to mention that 2011 had the most billion dollar and over natural disasters then any other year on record.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mutatismutandis

Those listed above have caused the security/emergency response teams to take a long hard look at themselves. Up to now, their tactics had been very primitive. A major rehaul was absolutely needed so to prevent any unneccesary casualties should something major occur in the future. I won't go as far to say that doesn't mean someone on the inside doesnt have information pertaining to some future event, but these actions are still neccesary regardless.
I agree with all stated above,except with that that we have certain categories of disasters,natural and man made.Those man made require certain intelligence and the main defense weapon today should be intelligence.The first category,could be prevented in certain conditions,I think.The third category and the most dangerous is governments paranoia that can trigger the first two categories.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

I already gave the answer,in my humble opinion.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I don't have any proof nor links...but my intuition says that planet earth is getting ready for an asteroid to collide with earth. I keep getting the feeling that 2013 is when we are going to have some major upsets regarding outer space and earth.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I keep getting the feeling that 2013 is when we are going to have some major upsets regarding outer space and earth.
I hope will make it to 2013.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join