It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Know something?Why so many disaster simulation drills!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Fukishima is where the nuclear reactors went bust in Japan after the earthquake/tsunami.

It was a triple event, an earthquake, a tsunami, and then a reactor melt down(sorta). So it made a lot of planners second guess if planning for multiple events is really overkill.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I have a lot.People's lives are more important and they deserve to know some things.

No, I don't think you have a sense of humor and, yes, people deserve to know. That's why you can access all sorts of information for free on the internet. That's why you are being urged to make plans and be prepared for emergencies. That's why they issue hurricane and tornado warnings. That's why Californians keep sleeping bags and a jug of water in the trunks of their cars. If you don't know something, it is your responsibility to find it out.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I am from India, and we have the same situation here, just few days back they had the biggest drill i have ever seen in my 27 years, and also there are too much awarness is thrown on Tv and radios lately.

i dont know but it look suspecious..
edit on 17-2-2012 by AKS83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
If "they" do know something... Lets say they do... Then how would they act in the drills? How can you say these drills are different from other drills? What about the drills says prior knowledge rather than future preparedness?
If something really big were happening wouldn't these drills be more secret?

I can see where the op is going, and I can see many are missing the concept by putting words in others mouths.

I think something big may be happening soon, but is is but a feeling I have had for a couple years. I cannot really connect these drills to said event. I am open to the idea, just don't know how you would tell until after the event...

As a side note: I think a super tsunami caused by some gravity or shift in the earths inertia is the one I would bet on.
edit on 2/17/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AKS83

Depend what type of a drill it is.This way you may understand something.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

I think something big may be happening soon, but is is but a feeling I have had for a couple years. I cannot really connect these drills to said event. I am open to the idea, just don't know how you would tell until after the event...
The drill can take place right or very close to the moment of the event.Or maybe they will make an announcement days or hours before.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by AKS83

well mostly for earthquake as there is no sea around but this has rapidly increased in last 2 weeks or so

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AKS83

reply to post by AKS83

well mostly for earthquake as there is no sea around but this has rapidly increased in last 2 weeks or so
Could be onto something,or not,even if they have any information likely they are not very sure of it.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

As a side note: I think a super tsunami caused by some gravity or shift in the earths inertia is the one I would bet on.
For that size of a disaster nothing will help.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

For that size of a disaster nothing will help.

yep.
So if these drills are with prior knowledge it is probably due to a future increase in multiple types of disasters. Not one big one, but maybe many things happening around the same time, maybe even with one linked cause across many nations and regions. I still think if these are at all related it would be something big that could affect everybody. Maybe not all at once, or from the same disaster, but from the one cause that makes the differing disasters...

But again this is all speculation. The Drills could very well be a last coded warning for anyone smart enough to figure out how to survive in ALL of the scenarios. This would not incite panic as evidenced by the replies on this thread, and yet some would be ready anyway, thus ensuring max survivability...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Well, don't you realize Dimondsmith???
There are over 100's of reasons why they have saftey drills
Here are so important ones

1.Big Earthquake... (About a 9.0+)
2.Solar Radiation
3.Nuclear Warfare
4.'Super Storm' (Natural Disasters occuring in a huge type of sequence!)
5.Economic Collapse
6.Big Riots
7.Warfare
8.Pandemic Sickness
9.Big Bang Theory Version 2.0!
10.Radiation

So many reasons, biggest threats...
#1, #2, #4, #5, #8.

I would just hope this...
Our People should attack them.... hard.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
They do know something, that at any time a disaster can strike. They are being prepared for the worst case scenario so that, in the event a disaster does strike, they are prepared! The US govt took a huge hit before, during and after Katrina. They don't want another fiasco so they practice.

It amazes me that people get worked up over the fact that govt agencies practice disaster response. These are the same people who would berate these organizations if they screwed up during an actual disaster!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

This would not incite panic as evidenced by the replies on this thread, and yet some would be ready anyway, thus ensuring max survivability...
You see many prepared for long time now doing many things as a preparation including to sell everything and retire to the mountains, the problem is that it's not happen when we expect but when we less expect to happen.

edit on 17-2-2012 by diamondsmith because: s

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

Thank You!

In fact, timing is part of it. Spring and near spring means several things: at the end of the winter storm season, less interruptions.
Before hurricane season.
the weather is nice.
And it is during the height of the flu season. Flu season is most active Feb - May.

edit on 17-2-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

It amazes me that people get worked up over the fact that govt agencies practice disaster response. These are the same people who would berate these organizations if they screwed up during an actual disaster!
I agree with you disaster we will have in the future no doubt,the only problem will be type ,size and magnitude.

I have a feeling that we have not seen everything yet as a civilization.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by matty1053

8.Pandemic Sickness
Not very useful if another disaster is before this.For any defense you need infrastructure.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Most plans are around pandemics.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Most plans are around pandemics.
I think that's why we should fear the least,now days.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

That is the largest and most widespread and is not area discriminating like some disasters.

But basically, the triage, emergency services and vaccine distribution frameworks can be applied to any scenario. It is basically the same set up. Hospitals prepare for surge, the governments have to figure out how to get crap out and fast. So its kind of a blanket scenario.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

8.Pandemic Sickness
I thought is this,

A pandemic (from Greek πᾶν pan "all" + δῆμος demos "people") is an epidemic of infectious disease that is spreading through human populations across a large region; for instance multiple continents, or even worldwide. A widespread endemic disease that is stable in terms of how many people are getting sick from it is not a pandemic. Further, flu pandemics generally exclude recurrences of seasonal flu. Throughout history there have been a number of pandemics, such as smallpox and tuberculosis. More recent pandemics include the HIV pandemic and the H1n1 pandemic.
source(en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join