It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Know something?Why so many disaster simulation drills!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Where do you live that you have never seen something like this happen?
I have seen a lot like this happening,what I am talking about is a major event of an unknown scale.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

they issue warnings on TV and radio.
Maybe not this time.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

I have seen a lot like this happening,what I am talking about is a major event of an unknown scale.

Could you be more specific? It doesn't get much more "major" than an earthquake or hurricane.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Could you be more specific? It doesn't get much more "major" than an earthquake or hurricane.
I stated that as a question in my opening post,I wish it would not happen.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I stated that as a question in my opening post,I wish it would not happen.

The Earth is not going to flop over on its side. An asteroid large enough to cause major damage would probably be spotted and if it can't be shot down, there would be tsunami warnings issued. You worry too much.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

there would be tsunami warnings issued.
Tsunami warning doesn't help too much as we've seen the last one and other disasters cannot be prevented or avoided anyway.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Tsunami warning doesn't help too much as we've seen the last one and other disasters cannot be prevented or avoided anyway.

Exactly. So what is the point of this thread?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

When you find out, please let the rest of us know?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I try to figure out what is the real reason behind those drills.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Absolutely ridiculous. Why not scare some more folks over training thats necessary? I bet you dont volunteer in your own area to help. Then you'd know about training. Why not? Afraid? And Im sure you'd be the 1st to scream "where's the help" when the SHTF....and expect to be taken care of.

These dedicated volunteers and responders would be at your house in a heartbeat if you needed it...because..they TRAINED for it. NOT..because youre sure they must "know something"..and all the while whining suspiciously about some internal plot and a camp they are planning to put you and your family in. That ...in your case...may not be such a bad idea.

You should be damn glad they train and train...and be sorry for even questioning the amount, duration, type or or reasoning behind it. And its not funny in the least.

You better pray someone TRAINED comes and gets you and your family when its necessary..because they are TRAINED to. And be glad when they get there...that they did train so much.

Really. I mean really? Not everything (this may be a surprise to you)...is a conspiracy.

And this thread title? Yes! They know something alright. Absolutely they do. That they need to train and train and train some more over and over about all kinds of different situations for dealing with people in a disaster like yourself who whine about it..then cry HELP! You really should appreciate the fact that they DO train so much and often.

Be glad they dont put duct tape with an "X" on your house with you and your family inside screaming for help with them saying "Nope! Checked that house...nothing worth saving in there!"

We all should be thankful for their training(s). I am. And yourself????

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LazloFarnsworth

And Im sure you'd be the 1st to scream "where's the help" when the SHTF....and expect to be taken care of
No I would not be the first I would not be at all. On a large-scale and amplitude event would be time for intervention 0 .

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

We all should be thankful for their training(s). I am.
To those who are training yes,to those who are keeping the truth about what's to come NO.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

That ...in your case...may not be such a bad idea.
Really?...Well...I am not afraid.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
An alternate possible explanation is that since the Department of Homeland Security grew immensely in the last decade taking up budget space when fears of terrorism were at their highest, these drills are a way to maintain public visibility, to encourage awareness (or fear, if you're cynical), to keep the budget dollars flowing into the new government agencies.

It wouldn't surprise me to see government perpetually preparing for an event as justification for having the people who do the preparations, taking nothing away from the abilities and motives of the rank and file workers and responders involved in any such effort.

Bureaucracy is a self-replicating organism.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

These dedicated volunteers and responders would be at your house in a heartbeat if you needed it...because..they TRAINED for it. NOT..because youre sure they must "know something".
This is a total confusion between those who are training and those who are watching knowing something,let's try to make some difference.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by cassandranova

to keep the budget dollars flowing into the new government agencies.
This would be the lesser of evils.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Yes, it would, but it is a viable explanation.

For what it's worth, I think something is up. Even if there wasn't specific intelligence, the one thing that is true is that increasingly advanced technology is available to more groups with the ability of smaller entities having a bigger impact. Couple that with various models of geological and planetary instability, and it's enough to have the most cold blooded skeptic frightened.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

This is a total confusion between those who are training and those who are watching knowing something,let's try to make some difference.

There you go again! What makes you think anyone knows something you don't?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by cassandranova

Even if there wasn't specific intelligence, the one thing that is true is that increasingly advanced technology is available to more groups with the ability of smaller entities having a bigger impact
I strongly believe that an event like 911 will never happen again,because is not possible, the goal have been achieved,the battle has moved where it should be ,but a natural one yes ,it's most probable in high percentage for the time period to come.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

What makes you think anyone knows something
Not "anyone" but some things.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join