It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should it be legal to kill pet cats roaming around the neighbourhood?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
I think people who advocate cat murder should be banned. Oh wait...

Woah, where did he go?

Banned...I cannot understand why (sarcasm off).

He'll be back...even though he may change his name and set up another account...

He wont be able to stop himself...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by selfharmonise

Cat hater banned? YAY!

Using controversial animal topics to boost your flag/point/rating count is like those sickos posing cat-crushing vids just for the shock value.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure he wasn't saying kill cats but just control your animals and watch them.

A few of my budgies I breed, have been preyed upon by neighborhood cats and I have some interesting rare colored birds.

That makes me mad as hell.

Wish these cats would stay away from my aviary.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

I'm sorry about what happened to your birds, but birds are not meant to be kept as pets. OTOH, domesticated cats are human companions.

You should let your birds fly like they are meant to and not keep them in a vulnerable position.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charmed707
reply to post by amraks

I'm sorry about what happened to your birds, but birds are not meant to be kept as pets. OTOH, domesticated cats are human companions.

You should let your birds fly like they are meant to and not keep them in a vulnerable position.

I give up on this thread you are all a bunch of selfish people who only care about cats.
I see it clearly now you guys only like cats, ok then fair enough.. good day.
edit on 20-2-2012 by amraks because: spelling

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

The people who are selfish are the ones justifying killing cats simply for being cats, which is just not good enough for you.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Wasn't justifying killing anything but advocating control over these cats.

You seem to missing my argument you are ignorant and can not even comprehend where I am coming from when you have never had a animal killed by a cat.

Until then I wouldn't try and argue with me. Basically you don't understand people are allowed to have pets apart from cats and have the same right for their pets to live as well.

Until you come out of your cat loving brain you will never understand. sorry just telling you the truth. because thats how I see you "sitting there in a room full of cats and you don't know which one will sleep next to you tonight"

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Guys...

Can we stop fighting and start communicating?

Noone says cats arent an issue.

Pretty much, noone apart from the OP - who has now been banned - says that we should be as arbitrary as killing cats...

It's the method of control which is appropriate to protecting native species that we should be thinking about.

We all love our animals - whichever pets we have (i dont have a cat)...

I hate seeing everyone fighting and getting bent out of shape....

A little love?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

not true my unfixed male cat did when i had him

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skizoid
Yes, it should be legal to kill cats !
Where I live it's illegal but I kills all cats in my garden.
Cats does not belong in our nature (Denmark)
It's not cool, but that's how I'm !
Have a nice weekend !

The killing of animals is usually the first step a psychopath takes before graduating on to murdering humans.

According to FBI profilers, the American Psychiatric Association, law enforcement officials and child welfare organisations – people who hurt animals are likely to move on to even bigger “game”, their fellow humans. Cruelty to animals is considered one of three symptoms that predict the development of a psychopath.

Source

Another link...

Pet abuse

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

i dont recall you ever saying what wild
life they kill but why not catch them and give them back to their owners if your worried about it or there are special fences that keep cats in yards why jump to killing them

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

Originally posted by TheCommentator
Once again
you all agree that dogs should be able to roam free and that it doesnt matter if they kill a few pet cats right?

If a dog were wandering around loose they wouldn't live long enough to kill a cat as they invariably run out in front of cars. Dogs are dumb that way.

edit on 17-2-2012 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

I have hit many more cats than I have dogs on the roads. Could be I might aim a little more for them. But the things are everywhere. I lived three doors down from this family who over the past 3 years have released about 20 cats to the outside world. They keep maybe 1 or 2 from the litter and push the rest outside when they get big enough to be a nuisance. Leave a little bowl of ___________ ouut for them and they thin out...but just come right back in a year.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Torok

You need help.

And I hope you experience what you are putting out.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

Cats are NOT the only predators. Cats are prey for other animals as well. Why can't you practice what you preach and keep your own pets constrained so they will not be a "nuisance" to others or end up getting harmed or killed?

There is absolutely no reason for hatred or disdain for cats. The monsters who say they actually try to hit cats in with their cars or commit other atrocities are deserving of the very same treatment. Maybe you will one day fall prey to others who have no regard for your life.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Charmed707

Did I say anywhere that I have pets that are unrestrained. You have allot of selfish idea's that only lead to one place you are too blind sighted to see that cats are a problem. Which leads me to believe you just love your cats you aren't a animal lover of any kind. You are are just for cats and cats only no concern for other animal life.
I see cat crazed people all the time, They disgust me the way they live, their houses smell like cat urine and feces.
I'm not here to troll I'm here to state my piece of mind, I can have not said kill cats, but have said they shouldn't be aloud to roam where I live because most of the owners are too dam lazy to get their cat desexed. then they breed in the wild.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

Cats are not any more a problem than other animals. Almost everyone on our street has a cat that roams around wherever they wish. They are not a problem at all. Part of being an animal lover is respecting their nature and instincts.

Dog owners tend to be the ones with an awful stench in their house. Did you ever think that some of the cats roaming around are strays that are only fed by people? Most strays will not let people go near them so it's difficult to catch them to have them spayed or neutered.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz

Originally posted by lacrimosa
reply to post by WeRpeons

if you can't leash a cat, keep them in your house! If it's against the law for dogs to roam unleashed than it doesn't give a cat owner the right to let their cats roam.

but cats dont attack people and crap in playparks (yes i know your dog would never do this). where as i cant see any problems with cats roaming free.
silly thread.

The point is that they attack native wildlife, which happens to be just as important as any person if you understand ecology.
Why is a cat the only pet in the entire world where owners do not want to keep it safe and stop it from harming other animals?
Your clearly ignorant if you can’t see problems with cats roaming free

C'mon people haven't you ever seen the Lion King and learned how the circle of life goes?

If a cat attacks native wildlife, it's his nature. Let me say that again. If a cat kills, it's his NATURE. If you stop a cat from killing you are effecting that circle. Just like any other ecosystem, cats serve a purpose in life. JUST LIKE WE ALL DO. For anyone to tamper with that, is tampering with nature.

Are you ignorant or just plain dumb
its not their nature because they are not native.

Are YOU stupid? It IS animal instincts to kill. How else would they survive? Walk into a store and ask for a bag of 9Lives
... go back to grade school and read about animal habits and the way they live... Lions hunt and kill because it's their nature... LIKE ALL CATS... Pick up a book and do some research if your not smart enough to know common facts...

Cats have been here as long as the English settlers...

The New World: When explorers set out for the New World they had already learned the lessons of the Middle Ages and decided to take cats along. They were invited onto ships, and asked to serve in their traditional roles as rat-catchers. There are even records that cats were brought along on the Mayflower.

I'd say that makes them native...

History of Cats

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by amraks

Wasn't justifying killing anything but advocating control over these cats.

You seem to missing my argument you are ignorant and can not even comprehend where I am coming from when you have never had a animal killed by a cat.

Until then I wouldn't try and argue with me. Basically you don't understand people are allowed to have pets apart from cats and have the same right for their pets to live as well.

Until you come out of your cat loving brain you will never understand. sorry just telling you the truth. because thats how I see you "sitting there in a room full of cats and you don't know which one will sleep next to you tonight"

My cat killed my daughter's gerbil.. does that count???

I understand why people hate cats, but they also have to understand why we love them and just agree to disagree... Cats kill because they are still animals.

BTW I have a cat, a dog, 2 fish and a manx... I love plenty of animals... I favor none...

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join