It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.0 Earthquake just hit off the coast of Oregon

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4KAAN
A big one might as well be around the corner. I mean, a 6.0 just struck somewhere just the other day. The earth is relieving itself of pressure... cops are shooting people in the back... elections are being manipulated... healthy lunches are being deemed non-nutriousous, and chicken nuggets are... new testimony about ufo's are coming out... strange sounds being heard around the world being linked to atmospherical and/or earth core changes...

Something big might as well happen to relieve us ALL of this tingling suspicion that something is happening to us all here on planet Earth that is worth noticing and responding to, as a marker.

I believe in the metaphysical theory behind the physical changes happening, but, given that these experiences are subjective to the individual, and, thus, nearly impossible to discuss without mass skepticism, BRING IT! I don't care if I have to die in the process, S has to HTF sooner or f'in later. Might as well be soon, so we can move forward as a species.

And, hey, if it's natural, God's got to have a reason for it, right? C'mon God. Show us what you got.
edit on 14-2-2012 by 4KAAN because: spelling

You know you're on ats too long when you say things like this....

I never got into the whole earthquake watch, or tsunami watch.
Because time will only tell.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

THX. Have added you as a friend.

I do appreciate your perspective on many posts.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Is there any chance of adding replies to the Quakewatch2012 thread?

Just saying because for some it may seem like, just off the coast of Oregon theyre getting a few mag 6 quakes. Recent posts board i mean. Good job i aint got a heart condition.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mattodlum

I don't think anyone is going to make fun of you for the size.

A 5.9 is nothing to sneeze at.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Strange to have not had any aftershocks..or is it? Could this be a foreshock to a much bigger quake? Lets hope not.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lyons666

So far, it seams as if quakes in this area don't follow the "normal" aftershock sequence.

See this post:

May I take this opportunity to remind all you folks with short memories that on the 10th Jan 2010 there was a 6.5 not far from the current epicentre and people did not jump up and down as much as they are today.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I wonder if there's a connection with those metal boxes on the beaches

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Originally posted by grubblesnert
Does anyone think there is a corrolation between this quake and the "mysterious metal boxes"
that have washed up on the west coast in the past week or so?

Has this "mysterious black boxes" thing been solved?
Does anyone have an updated report hopefully with some details of the composition of the metal, closeup photos ect.?

ya man a big update on those boxes, check my post here www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2/15/12 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This is big news, considering how lucky the whole west coast is! They dodged a bullet on that one. I can't believe how many earthquakes have struck in the last six months; it seems biblical almost! it was forewarned in the end of times numerous earthquakes would strike.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Will this have an effect on the California coast line I wonder. I thought California only had quakes. I remember the USGS drilled into the San Andraees to look for water and sea water came up. by the 46 James Dean hiway..that was scary to think about.Hope nothing soon happens to us here.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Originally posted by grubblesnert
Does anyone think there is a corrolation between this quake and the "mysterious metal boxes"
that have washed up on the west coast in the past week or so?

Has this "mysterious black boxes" thing been solved?
Does anyone have an updated report hopefully with some details of the composition of the metal, closeup photos ect.?

ya man a big update on those boxes, check my post here www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2/15/12 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)
Thank you for the link. I listened to a little but won't have chance to hear the whole thing for a few days.What I caught sounds very interesting

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
A 4.7 earthquake happened off of Vancouver Island at 10:37pm. This makes three in the area in the last couple of days that are above the 4.0 level.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bpg131313

Even though they haven't been the biggest earthquakes, it seems to me like activity is picking up. I don't know whether i'm just concentrating on the earthquake website more than usual, but I barely ever see earthquakes that show up in that spot on vancouver island at this frequency.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by phoenixlights321

It's not something to be overly worried about considering current activity. BC, Washington, Oregon, and California all edge on the Ring of Fire. We've always known it. We have volcanos all along the coast to verify it to us. The Plate acts CSZ acts differently up in the BC through the Oregon area because of the way the plates collide. If you look at where the earthquakes in BC occurred off the coast of Vancouver Island, you'll note that they are rather close to the edge of the Juan de Fuca Plate and the Explorer Plate indicating stress relief occurring in that area. I don't claim to know everything about what's going on, but having lived in the Puget Sound Area most of my life, I've taken it upon myself to read up on the basics.

While the earthquakes we've had are interesting, they haven't been enough to get the science community stirred up. So far, it's just something to keep in the back of you mind.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bpg131313

While the earthquakes we've had are interesting, they haven't been enough to get the science community stirred up. So far, it's just something to keep in the back of you mind.

Very good point, let this be an opportunity for people to review their emergency preparedness and update those plans accordingly. Make sure you have a Bug Out Bag and/or emergency supplies of food/water. Have a plan in place if something happens and your family is seperated, a rendevouz place designated ahead of time (above any anticipated tsunami) know where your utility shut offs are, etc.

If your plans are in place and you are truly ready, help a friend or family member with their plans. If all of your friends and family are ready, help the larger community. You would be surprised at how much peace of mind can be had merely by getting oneself ready to face calamity.

The better prepared you are now, the better you will do after any such occurrence, and the better able you will be to help others.

edit on 17-2-2012 by jadedANDcynical because: typo

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

I actually found this video yesterday on youtube. The presenter talks about getting prepared on the west coast. It felt like there was a tiny bit of fear mongering, but he definitely brought up a few points which I had never considered before. There's 7 parts to it, but each part is only a few minutes long. The main thing that stood out for me is how he talked about coming together with neighbours and pooling resources. When the Big One hits, that's what it really will come down to. We can't expect help to arrive instantly.

The video may seem a little cheesy, but it has some good points. Well, here's part 1:

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join