It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.0 Earthquake just hit off the coast of Oregon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
This may also be a good time to start looking for odd animal behavior. Every time there is a major quake, people always post that animals were acting very strangely just before it. Well if there are many people suggesting that a major quake is imminent in the CSZ, then we ought to be on the look out for this strange behavior. There are also videos that were on here a while back of people videotaping a strange daytime aurora in the sky just before a major quake over in Asia somewhere. Perhaps that's another thing that needs to be in our minds to look for as an advanced warning sign that it's about to happen.

Washington State has three mountain ranges within it's borders. We have the Olympic Mountains, the Cascades, and the Selkirk Mountain Range. The evidence for extremely violent upheaval is literally all around us. I think the fact that we haven't had a mountain range (not a single mountain like a volcano, but an entire range) rise up due to extreme tectonic forces has led people to believe that the mountains were always there and that the earth doesn't have the ability to actually move that violently.

There are many scientists saying we're due for a very big one. If it happens, the affected area will stretch far and wide. Maybe we'll see it happen in our lifetimes. Maybe we won't.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

now THAT is intriguing. do find more.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

here is a siesmic graph of a confirmed nuke explosion

usahitman.com...

compare with the graph of this quake

pele.ess.washington.edu:16017...

oh that graph is live so i guess after a few hours it wont show no more so here is a screenshot of it

seems to me this deserves a big "ding ding ding, we have a winner"

wonder if it could be related to those mysterious boxes which appeared on the beaches

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 2/15/12 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I found this website on ATS a few days ago. quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

I bookmarked it and I've been watching it periodically day/night for the last couple of days. I don't know a lot about earthquakes and their frequencies, but it has sure has seemed to have been active these last 2-3 days. And I'm not talking about the little 1-2 mags that sprinkle Cali. and Alaska, I'm talking 5.0

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

edit on 15-2-2012 by Novaroc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Novaroc

dude pay attention there is already a thread on that here on this website in fact i already linked to that thread in THIS thread

if you are realy interested in such things you ought to put the effort forth to read every post, clearly you didnt do that in this thread or you would have known all this already,

read every post in that other thread to for more interesting info,

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I had a dream about a earthquake couple days ago. weird.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sean

do you live in oregon? otherwise it realy isnt much of a coincedance since 6.0's do happen around the world daily

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

Yes I do

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I've been having dreams that Cali is going to be getting a huge quake this year for months now, since way back in 2011. I don't even live in America, so, take from that what you will, but I feel it will happen at some point or another this year within the vicinity of Ensenada up all the way to B.C.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Here's to hoping these are just gradual pressure releases...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by tport17
I found this website on ATS a few days ago. quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

I bookmarked it and I've been watching it periodically day/night for the last couple of days. I don't know a lot about earthquakes and their frequencies, but it has sure has seemed to have been active these last 2-3 days. And I'm not talking about the little 1-2 mags that sprinkle Cali. and Alaska, I'm talking 5.0

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye
reply to post by sean

do you live in oregon? otherwise it realy isnt much of a coincedance since 6.0's do happen around the world daily

That's not true.

The average is 1 or 2 per week.

Three quakes of 6.0 in the same week is already above the average.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Mattodlum

I just have a question, so i apologize for my ignorance, in advance.

Are quakes common in Oregon, or off the coast from there?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Hmmm, I wonder if there is any connection with those strange black boxes that washed ashore from the Oregon coastline mysteriously a week ago.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Nothing to see here, folks, move along. It's just a chinese latern filled with swamp gas that happened to collide with a lens flare....that's for the 'earthquakes happen all the time' crowd, the ones who refuse to admit something is different with Earth....probably because people are quick to point to the Bible, and we aren't supposed to acknowledge a higher being, because then we'd be inferior. Want to end earthquakes forever? Vote Ron Paul 2012!!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I havn't even heard about this one.
I live off the coast of Oregon and along the bay. Whenever we have a small tsunami, the bay gets lethargic and sloshy.
A while back when I was at the park helping people evacuate (part of what I was supposed to do) into the 'tsunami safe zone' because of a warning, it was a desaster because the volunteer fire folk (if I remember correctly) came and most of them were so paniced that they actually evacuated people away from the 'tsunamic safe zone' into the not so safe zone. They wouldn't listen to me. The signs were right there even and the 'safe zone' had long been the designated area for the park and local area as the place to go when a tsunami warning has been issued. So There was alot of confusion. Fortunately, the tsunami wasn't a big deal but had it been, alot of people could have lost their life because of this incident.
Apparently, overall in town, the evacuation plan didn't go too well either. Hopefully we won't make the same mistakes again when the big one does hit.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Arles Morningside because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
This is starting to happen daily and the "Ring of Fire" is effecting the USA now. It's not just in Indonesia and the Sumatra region, it's now at home! Please take precautions and be prepared. The west coast is now being targeted.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Mattodlum

A 6.0 would scare the crap out of me!! ONLY a 6.0!! We had a 4.something when I was a kid, & that shook me rigid... Just how big should they be before we can say without shame 'It was scary, & it has me worried?'..

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by seiva7
actually, it is not really small earthquake, depending on the location magnitude 6 could be pretty destructive.

Actually the damage caused by a quake is not so much the magnitude but the depth of the quake. The closer it is to the surface the more damage it will cause.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join