It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm confused about reincarnation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by targeting
1. If in reincarnation, the same souls are recycled over and over, then how is it that the world is much more populated now than it used to be? Where did the new souls come from?
2. So if you're reincarnated then you don't have any memory of your past lives. You also can be a completely different person than you were before. So what is it that makes it you? If I reincarnate into a different person and
I don't remember anything about myself then how am I still me?
3. What's the most convincing evidence for reincarnation?
Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me. I've been wondering about the first two questions for a long time now.

1:Because as time goes on and as we draw closer to whatever it is that is going to happen, more and more souls from other parts of the spirit world/universe are also coming and reincarnating at this time. there are many who are first time reincarnations, or rather first or second time on earth. As the world populates, it creates more bodies to be inhabited by spirits. This is a once in a "lifetime" event for many souls who have never been here before. There are also MANY light workers who have come to this time to be put in bodies to help mankind evolve to the next level of consciousness. Or so I believe

2: You are different in the sense that your environment is different. So you will grow differently than a previous lifetime. If you have been here before, you carry the same soul, but when the body dies and sheds its shell, all of the physical aspects are gone. The soul or energy body remembers who you were and what you did. It is actually stored deep inside your subconscious and can come out if you get into seriously deep mediation or hypnosis.

3. Your own memories. I remember my last lifetime, or at least the last 2 hours of it. That is all of the evidence I need. There are recorded cases of reincarnation too, but I don't have any links to them. But if you ask me, your own memory is the best evidence that it is a valid experience.

This is just my take based on my own experiences.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
There is NO evidence at all for reincarnation, fact. The subject is quite controversial because it can lead you to wonder what the point of existence is if you just re-do a life over and over again with no recollection of your previous lives and experiences, it can be like an endless cycle of pointless existence after pointless existence.

Truth be told no one will know the truth until either have a scientific break through or some other form of evidence is presented to us that can be verified.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatest

Have you ever tried to look for evidence?

I find a lot of people often say "There is no evidence!" Blah blah blah. And I wonder how many times people say things like that without looking for themselves? Reincarnation is a spiritual journey, and just like ESP it is hard to prove, but that doesn't make it not real.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

1. If in reincarnation, the same souls are recycled over and over, then how is it that the world is much more populated now than it used to be?

It's not. A few weeks back there was an article that came out saying that for every living person today, there are 30 ghosts behind him. In other words ... 7 billion people alive today but 210 billion people have lived on the planet. I don't remember where I saw the article so my numbers may be off but you get the idea.

But if there is reincarnation (GOD I HOPE I DON"T HAVE TO COME BACK!!) then there is a plenty big enough pool of souls who would be waiting to return.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Love how everyone has their own version of reincarnation. Believing in it doesn't make it so. Has anyone considered that those supposedly memories of past lives are something else? I've heard of memories getting carried over by organ transplants. It could be that the memories got carried over to you in some other way that is unknown to us.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

Have you ever tried to look for evidence?

I find a lot of people often say "There is no evidence!" Blah blah blah. And I wonder how many times people say things like that without looking for themselves? Reincarnation is a spiritual journey, and just like ESP it is hard to prove, but that doesn't make it not real.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

Is very easy for you to say to me - "Have you looked for evidence?" let me reverse the question, Can you provide proof? As all things spiritual it is about faith first and foremost and what YOU believe, and no one can tell you if your doing the right or wrong thing due to an extreme lack of evidence. It would not be faith if it had scientific facts backing it up.
edit on 15-2-2012 by TheGreatest because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by targeting

I found this video interesting. Somewhat unsettling but insightful.

It is called, Extraterrestrial Interference - The Suppressed History of Planet Earth - Interview with Shaay

Description of video (for source click on You Tube link in video).

We humans have an amazing capacity for not seeing what's there... to the point where it can be very bad for us. Humans don't like to change their beliefs; they don't like to admit that they might be wrong; they feel unstable or insecure when they realize that a fundamental truth they have held all their life is incorrect.

If you question, you'll begin to see things that will blow your mind.

Pretend for a moment that everything you've been taught about the world is wrong, and it is this spurious reality that has held you prisoner. Further, pretend that the world is actually wired in REVERSE. If this were true, what kinds of things would result in you immediately winning your power?

Are religions and science fabricated to keep us from knowing the truth? But most importantly, what if we were simply genetic constructs engineered to work the Garden of Eden? What if the white light so many claim to see in near death-encounters is little more than a lure attracting souls for re-cycling?

Shaay goes with the theory that we are recycled for a purpose of being fed upon.

Now if logically this were not so, how come if we are suppose to learn lessons we are not allowed to remember past mistakes?

The more I get into quantum physics (and I mean the simple broken down to layman's terms because I am no brain)............the more this stuff makes sense.

There are many dimensions, multiverses, stuff we are just now beginning to tap into.

1:02 gets real interesting.............why we "forget" who we really are.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatest

Truth be told no one will know the truth until either have a scientific break through or some other form of evidence is presented to us that can be verified.

Please point the ignorance finger only at yourself and kNot at others, when you don't know the truth!

There are many here that know the truth, for a fact. So just because you're in the dark, doesn't mean everyone is.

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone has mentioned these, but try these books, they will explain all your questions fully

Journey of Souls
Destiny of Souls by Michael Newton

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I proved it to myself

That was all I needed.
That's like asking someone to prove God exists, all you have to do is look for the answer seriously, and you will get it.

I can prove to you ESP exists on this very board.

But I won't,you have to find it for yourself. Personally I do not care if people believe me or not, I am not out to prove myself or anything of the sort.

I am no scientist.
I am a psychic, and as such, I work with things like this everyday in my own personal life. Occasionally it happens for other people as well, but I never try to prove anything, just share what I understand to be.

You can say Pics! or it didn't happen, but I am willing to bet if I showed you on this board where psychic experiences have been experienced, you still wouldn't believe it.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

1. If in reincarnation, the same souls are recycled over and over, then how is it that the world is much more populated now than it used to be? Where did the new souls come from?

Souls are an energy consciousness. They do not physically procreate. Population is the result of physical procreation.

2. So if you're reincarnated then you don't have any memory of your past lives. You also can be a completely different person than you were before. So what is it that makes it you? If I reincarnate into a different person and I don't remember anything about myself then how am I still me?

You are the same energy consciousness.

3. What's the most convincing evidence for reincarnation?

There are countries/religions fully open to the reincarnation belief. They let children be who they are and talk about it. Most children lose this memory by age 5. Studies have been done. I can't tell you to believe them. That's up to you.

edit on 15-2-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

Please point the ignorance finger only at yourself and kNot at others, when you don't know the truth!

There are many here that know the truth, for a fact. So just because you're in the dark, doesn't mean everyone is.

Ribbit

Agree. I mean, how do you expect to come up with questions about reincarnation if you, yourself, is still in the dark. How do you know that you have asked the right questions? Or what sort of evidence you are looking for? To seek scientific proofs about reincarnation is same as trying to prove the existence of God as well as the Dharma to Enlightenment....LOL

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Ribbit

What if I said I know the truth to be different from other accounts? OBE's, near death experiences and people who have been brought back all have contradicting accounts so if that's what your basing your faith on, so be it I don't have a right to question you but don't try and tell me or others it is true when we have no reason to believe it is.

I'm not trying to rattle any feathers or get into a debate over religion and over what is true and what is not, but you can not base scientific discovery on vague experiences present by a select few cases.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
BTW, I would like to point out some of the pitfalls to seek evidences to reincarnation and enlightenment. Can you say that if there are hard evidences to show that reincarnation and enlightenment are possible with known path (that's actually anti-Zen BTW), that you can now become enlightened?
That you do this and do that you would have achieved enlightenment? The issue is up to your own individual mind and consciousness and whether or not you can grasp some of the Zen and Buddhism concepts intuitively. Whether or not something you can prove is only secondary. Take math for an example. How many here can say that they are good at Calculus? I suck at math even though I know it can't be more logical than in math. Just because I don't understand advance mathematics, am I supposed to say that math does not exist...???
Same here, even if you can prove that reincarnation and enlightenment do exist, you still can't just become enlightened. Same as I will not be good at math even if math is logical and can be proven with equations and etc.
edit on 15-2-2012 by ChiForce because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Ribbit

What if I said I know the truth to be different from other accounts? OBE's, near death experiences and people who have been brought back all have contradicting accounts so if that's what your basing your faith on, so be it I don't have a right to question you but don't try and tell me or others it is true when we have no reason to believe it is.

I'm not trying to rattle any feathers or get into a debate over religion and over what is true and what is not, but you can not base scientific discovery on vague experiences present by a select few cases.

No one asked for science, just was confused about reincarnation.

Everyone's experiences are different, but that does not make them any less valid.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Ribbit

Religion is part of the flim-flam of this Matrix, the Control that breeds Chaos, sew eYe base absolutely nadda on it.

As to OBE's & NDE's, they are all being played by the same PuppetMasters that put on this Marionette and usually there's truth mixed in, but quite often it's 100% crap.

There are things science isn't aware of, like how matter is like the child to the mother. Take the child away from the mother (Source) and the child is different. Matter is no different, the further away from Source it gets, the more different it acts, like the clocks in the GPS satellites that won't keep time correctly. Science says it's Time Dilation but it's kNot.

Everything is connected and Time is what connects all as One. The Flow Sequence of Time is compelling:

Negative = Past
Positive = Future
Zero = Present

< -Infinite < -finite < 0 < +finite < +Infinite <

Also, the numerology of the Flow Sequence of Time is:

2 : 1 : 2 = 2 + (1 + 2) = 23

"Time happens in finite, then chit happens!" - Old Toad Proverb

"Law of Time - Time is a linear constant, always moving forward in increments of finite and that which occupies Time, must also occupy Space and everything that exists at any given finite moment in Time, occupies the same finite moment of Time at the same Time, for Time links all as One."

Time moves on its own and in increments of finite.
Sew We's ain't moving in Stereo, We's moving in finite.

Past & Future are Opposites:

"Law of Opposites - opposites cannot exist without each other and if one exists, so too does the other, with the opposing opposites comprising Source and Source comprising the opposing opposites."

Past + Future = Present

Present = Past + Future

-1 + 0 + +1 = 3 = 1 = 0

"Everything is Relative to Source and Source is Relative to Everything."

Ribbit

edit on 15-2-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Ribbit

Religion is part of the flim-flam of this Matrix, the Control that breeds Chaos, sew eYe base absolutely nadda on it.

As to OBE's & NDE's, they are all being played by the same PuppetMasters that put on this Marionette and usually there's truth mixed in, but quite often it's 100% crap.

There are things science isn't aware of, like how matter is like the child to the mother. Take the child away from the mother (Source) and the child is different. Matter is no different, the further away from Source it gets, the more different it acts, like the clocks in the GPS satellites that won't keep time correctly. Science says it's Time Dilation but it's kNot.

Everything is connected and Time is what connects all as One. The Flow Sequence of Time is compelling:

Negative = Past
Positive = Future
Zero = Present

< -Infinite < -finite < 0 < +finite < +Infinite <

Also, the numerology of the Flow Sequence of Time is:

2 : 1 : 2 = 2 + (1 + 2) = 23

"Time happens in finite, then chit happens!" - Old Toad Proverb

"Law of Time - Time is a linear constant, always moving forward in increments of finite and that which occupies Time, must also occupy Space and everything that exists at any given finite moment in Time, occupies the same finite moment of Time at the same Time, for Time links all as One."

Time moves on its own and in increments of finite.
Sew We's ain't moving in Stereo, We's moving in finite.

Past & Future are Opposites:

"Law of Opposites - opposites cannot exist without each other and if one exists, so too does the other, with the opposing opposites comprising Source and Source comprising the opposing opposites."

Past + Future = Present

Present = Past + Future

-1 + 0 + +1 = 3 = 1 = 0

"Everything is Relative to Source and Source is Relative to Everything."

Ribbit

I understand what you are saying with regards to the mind over matter cosmos that modern day science has no knowledge of, but I fail to see how the constant reincarnation of souls has a use. Honestly it is something I don't understand, everything needs to have an end. What begins needs to end, but if souls continue to be reincarnated over and over again, where does it lead? What is our future?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I understand what you are saying with regards to the mind over matter cosmos that modern day science has no knowledge of, but I fail to see how the constant reincarnation of souls has a use. Honestly it is something I don't understand, everything needs to have an end. What begins needs to end, but if souls continue to be reincarnated over and over again, where does it lead? What is our future?

That is based on entropy and there is ZERO entropy in the Universe, plus, there's growth in size as well as mass.

What is our Future? Answer: Our Past!

Ever watch re-runs on TV? Guess how God/Source watches re-runs but with alternate endings?

Ribbit

Ps: The Universe is sumwhere in the neighborhood of a Centillion^Centillion^Centillion earth years old in its current form, and from that point, it goes back a googolplex in Time in its original form.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

That is based on entropy and there is ZERO entropy in the Universe, plus, there's growth in size as well as mass.

Ever watch re-runs on TV? Guess how God/Source watches re-runs but with alternate endings?

Ribbit

Ps: The Universe is sumwhere in the neighborhood of a Centillion^Centillion^Centillion earth years old in its current form, and from that point, it goes back a googolplex in Time in its original form.

If that is the case is not possible that God/Source could change his/her/it's mind and suddenly decide to end reincarnation and just put an end to this existence and move onto something else? or to give us an afterlife without the death and rebirth into another form of existence?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Ribbit

If that is the case is not possible that God/Source could change his/her/it's mind and suddenly decide to end reincarnation and just put an end to this existence and move onto something else? or to give us an afterlife without the death and rebirth into another form of existence?

Is not God's will to end reincarnation. Is the will of the enlightened one that can live outside the wheel of karma and the cycle of rebirth. That will and the actions of the enlightened one would no longer cause karma. I think this is only applying to one particular soul, not all of the humanity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join