It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm confused about reincarnation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

the question 2 question or knot 2 question is a good reason to pee – must be a tadpole proverb

no

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I personally believe in reincarnation, but I believe in evolution of sprit and progression. I do not believe in karmatic wheel or believe that you can regress to "lower" forms (insects, animals). I believe after "attaining" a certain level of consciousness then you are only able to incarnate into a vehicle (corporal form) that operates within your given "awareness". Similar to how you cannot connect a Atari game into PS3 hardware. The hardware of course representing the body and the game/software representing the soul.

I think you reincarnate as long as you need to in order to attain a certain level of consciousness (not necessarily enlightment) or "charge". It might take you a few lives, or a 1000. Once you reach that level of awareness you are then given the option (through freewill) to "graduate" into higher levels of life in this dimension or others. The in between incarnations (death) you are thrown into a type of spirit world where you can stay for as long as you need to in order to recharge, learn your life review, understand where you need to grow and choose which parents/situations/circumstances that will take place in the next incarnations. I personally do not believe in the strict karma philosophy but do believe in cause and effect and a lesser form of karma (similar to magnetic charging, or frequency attraction).

The term density has been used before and I think it applies to my beliefs; similar to the dimensions but more specific. 1st density, 2nd density and so on so forth up to 8 (or more). The higher you go up, the more access you get to your innate abilities. I know this sounds very sci-fi'ish, but that's it in a nut shell.

It's hard to talk about my belief in reincarnation without talking about the other factors that I believe that go along with it. This is not the TRUTH, but rather my truth as I know it through my intuition, read study and research of philosophy and religion. Sorry I have no proof.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bestintentions

the question 2 question or knot 2 question is a good reason to pee – must be a tadpole proverb

no

No! It's an Old Toad Proverb because as an Old Toad, We have throughly questioned 2 pee or kNot 2 pee and have learned when 2 pee and when kNot 2 pee, and tadpoles still have that 2 learn, but most parents don't teach how 2 question, but rather, they predominantly teach kNot 2 question.

"Sumone that tells you kNot 2 question sumthing is kNot your friend." - Old Toad Proverb

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

best is to observe reality for yourself in any case – old tadpole proverb
no

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by bestintentions

best is to observe reality for yourself in any case – old tadpole proverb
no

Tis best 2 view reality thru all eYes!

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

So what were you before you were a ButtuglyToad. I think I got kicked back to a mouse for something I said to that witch I was married to.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

So what were you before you were a ButtuglyToad. I think I got kicked back to a mouse for something I said to that witch I was married to.

Be thankful it was a mouse and kNot a female cockroach.

eYe don't know what exact characters eYe've gotten to play or what other Matrices eYe've gotten to play in, but considering how many billions of earth years old my Soul is, and eYe's a very young Soul compared to most, eYe can only imagine eYe've played sum kewl critters.
eYe wonder about that sumtimes, what's my next role going to be?

When this ride is over, WE all say the same thing, no matter what our life was like: "When's the next ride start?"

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by strato

That's interesting. I am also fairly convinced that we inherit (on some level) our parents experiences. It's probably how instincts are formed.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by targeting
1. If in reincarnation, the same souls are recycled over and over, then how is it that the world is much more populated now than it used to be? Where did the new souls come from?
2. So if you're reincarnated then you don't have any memory of your past lives. You also can be a completely different person than you were before. So what is it that makes it you? If I reincarnate into a different person and
I don't remember anything about myself then how am I still me?
3. What's the most convincing evidence for reincarnation?
Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me. I've been wondering about the first two questions for a long time now.

1. Edgar Cayce said that our world was being watched and around the time it was about to ascend other souls would migrate here

2. Reincarnation wouldnt really work unless you could somehow divide the experiences by memory lapses at least
in our current state. Also the field of Noetic Science is asking what is it that makes us unique to our experience.

3. Evolution.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by notquiteright

i agree with you that strato has a good point questioning what exactly people are in touch with their supposed memories of past lives.

however, we do not form instincts, we are born with instincts, they help us to survive. instincts are behaviours, patterns, that do not seem to be learned. though they can be part of a behaviour forming process. e.g. getting angry when walking past a butcher shop and feeling sick.

habits are different than instincts because they are learned and are formed by practice. what we ‘inherit’ from our parents is rather a learned behaviour, something observed over and over and then mimicked many many times, most of the time without awareness – and it seems like an instinct.

this learned behaviour can go back many generations. it is repeated over and over, ‘it runs in the family’, too often nobody remembers anymore why they are getting angry when walking past a butcher shop and feel sick in the stomach. it was one ancestor’s experience and the behaviour was copied and carried over generations.

wars are being fought because of habits being misunderstood as truth and instinct and inherent.

as a child we pick up so much garbage with the good because we do not distinguish much at an early age. later when that faculty kicks in, we face the task of getting rid of a lot of junk not serving us to get to our goal.

it only seems we are born with a messy knotted bundle of yarn that we unravel for the rest of our lives or manage to mess up even worse or sometimes get a grip and balance to it. most of the time we are quite oblivious about our habits and others can be very rough with us because of them.

maybe it is just very easy to believe: such and such is because of my past life karma (or inherited) – what can i do? i can happily stick with my old belief system and i can’t change anything anyway. it also might be, that we humans are more manageable this way.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by notquiteright

We do inherit much information from our parents. In the junk DNA that we possess is thousands of years of genetic knowledge. Most of this knowledge pertains to foods and antidotes. If we eat something high in selenium and our body is low in stores, the junk DNA loose it's attached Selenium to a Rna which brings it to where it is needed. This particular Strand creates a different electric signal now and when this happens with a lot of these the body recognise it and make us crave something. These genetic switches are not really under the control of the mind but the mind can control the eating of food. If another metal attaches sort of like copper because you didn't want to eat maple syrup containing selenium and put strawberry sauce on you're pancakes instead this makes a person act differently again and have a changed immune system and craving response. There are billions of these things going on each day in our bodies. Billions of changes occuring.

Yes this knowledge comes from our parents but also has history going back to the beginning of you're Genetic line. When we are young our parents make us taste foods so we know what minerals and vitamins everything contains. Science has just recently found that this junk DNA has a purpose and their knowledge is still sparce. At least they are looking at it anyway. Many medicines and foods have been created without taking this into consideration. These reactions are coordinated with communication with the brain. Our whole body is actually an extension of the brain but we don't understand that. Every cell has knowledge and has communication with the brain. Confusing these actions can cause problems. I'm not going to get into the importance of eating real food.

There is no doubt in me that my father and mother live within me. Dishonoring them can start my genetics on a self destructive path. We can make ourselves sick if we do things our parents wouldn't be proud of us for and this self destructive tendency is evident in society. Sometimes every other generation sickness appears, that is a sign of a wavelike pattern.

What other knowledge can be contained within our cells. Is it reincarnation or just knowledge somehow put there by an ancestor somehow in the past. Our harddrive that cannot easily be erased. We can melt it with chemicals though and then it becomes distorted..
edit on 17-2-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
When the body dies so will the mind that believes it is an individual. The 'individual', the 'self' you are believing yourself to be will disolve back in to oneness. It is like there is one ocean and all the waves are individual but they are all attached to the one ocean, never separate from the ocean, it is the ocean that is waving. The source of you is the source of me and the source of everything.
The individual wave (you) will die and wave again.
This happens every night when you enter deep sleep, you return to oneness where no things, no objects, are appearing.
edit on 17-2-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Before asking about reincarnation, first find out what incarnation is.

youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
When the body dies so will the mind that believes it is an individual. The 'individual', the 'self' you are believing yourself to be will disolve back in to oneness.

You can be an energy consciousness on to yourself - - with independent thought and experiences - - and still part of the whole.

All "Ripples in the Same Pond" - - but still a ripple.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Yes, i was unsure when i wrote that. I think maybe the energy contraction, if strong, may reside until the next wave. In other words, i don't think suicide is effective in relieving mental torture.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by targeting

If you really examine reincarnation, then eventually you do get to a point where you're making a lot of excuses for stuff that simply doesn't make any sense with what's obvious about physical existence. Most incorrect interpretations of empirical information crumble much faster than reincarnation (conceptually speaking) and the fact that the empirical indications have been so compelling hasn't exactly hurt its rate of cross-cultural acceptance. Still, as you have noted, there's a point where the fundamentals of physical existence - in this case, the immutable tenets of existential Identity as the primordial Survival imperative expression that it is - rise up and expose reincarnation as the incomplete explanation that its always been.

There are other plausible explanations for the impossible knowledge in children evidence, the shared memories between children and dead relatives and/or strangers, and literally every other empirical fundamental that supports the traditional explanation that reincarnation was crafted to serve as. I have one that works just fine, but it takes a bit of background (not so good for Internet forum posting due to word count restrictions) to properly present. The point is that ancient people did the best they could to unravel the complexities of reality, and while they may have come up short here and there, what they achieved was to note these anomalies as being important to keep track of and to continue working on. In that, they served us well.

What's critical is that we continue to dig for answers that don't present contradictions, and to put Faith in its rightful place - as inspiration to give us the courage and strength to move forward and not as a wall we build in front of us. Believe me, if you hit on truth, there won't be any need for faith or blind acceptance. It'll be able to stand on its own merits and open up the rest of what lies out there as mysterious and unknowable.

edit on 2/17/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Yes, i was unsure when i wrote that. I think maybe the energy contraction, if strong, may reside until the next wave. In other words, i don't think suicide is effective in relieving mental torture.

Well - that goes a bit deeper then just reincarnation.

If you make a contract - - and don't fulfill your contract - - I would assume there are some consequences.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

When the body dies so will the mind that believes it is an individual. The 'individual', the 'self' you are believing yourself to be will disolve back in to oneness. It is like there is one ocean and all the waves are individual but they are all attached to the one ocean, never separate from the ocean, it is the ocean that is waving. The source of you is the source of me and the source of everything. The individual wave (you) will die and wave again.

This happens every night when you enter deep sleep, you return to oneness where no things, no objects, are appearing.

Why'd you have to go and muck it all up with that last comment.

The first part is mostly correct, cept'n WE don't dissolve back into Oneness, WE take our place where WE came from, as an Individual Soul connected consciously to that Oneness of the All.
Your wave example, while poetic, doesn't dew it justice, since We are each more like a grain of sand on the beach and the waves of the ocean push us around while We try to figure out the truth about this thing called Life.

Deep sleep is where WE get to muck with you.

Ribbit

Ps: For the idiots on ATS, please note the capitalization of my WE's/We's/we's, since each isn't the other.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Got that wrong there Toad, we go back into the primordial soup. Frog soup, Mouse barley Medley, etc...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by targeting

This is not my belief but its the viewpoint I reached after trying to figure out how reincarnation could work if it is possible.

We are all here to become something that is a sum of infinite choices from a finite reality.

We are not individuals after this life but a sum of an infinite being that is yet to become, has been and will forever be.

If every single individual experience is unique, every person is unique and every result is unique among other things. Add every single person that has lived, is living and will ever live up into a whole sum and what do you have?

We will exist and continue to exist until we have done everything that is possible and at that point it will be done.

Just my thoughts and hope that makes sense.

edit on 17-2-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join