It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm confused about reincarnation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by Annee

Yes, i was unsure when i wrote that. I think maybe the energy contraction, if strong, may reside until the next wave. In other words, i don't think suicide is effective in relieving mental torture.

Well - that goes a bit deeper then just reincarnation.

If you make a contract - - and don't fulfill your contract - - I would assume there are some consequences.

Why is it everyone seems to think things that apply here, apply there?

While contracts apply here, there are no contracts there.

Your Soul comes here to play a part in this experiment, to animate the person you call you. That's where the illusion comes in, there is no you! The you here exists to answer a question WE asked and you always dew what you are supposed to dew, even if that is suicide, but suicide isn't the answer but for the ones that dew that, it's exactly what they're suppose to dew, sew stop JUDGING!

How can you Deny Ignorance when you're Ignorant?
That's what's known as Denial!

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatest

They go to join God permenantly.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dae

My mother and I like to walk cemetaries. When I was two, we were walking through a very large and old cemetary in Pennsylvania, when I suddenly stopped, looked at a headstone, and said: I knew him, he was shot. My mother, who is not easily creeped out, looked at the stone and saw it was for a WWI soldier killed in the line of duty.

When I was 18, I worked in a retirement facility. One of the residents, just instantly pegged me and kept insisting that we were both nurses in WWI. And started telling stories and asking me to remember them. I couldn't convince her that it was long before my time and I wasn't there.

So that is enough evidence for me.
edit on 17-2-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

Dae

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Thats bloody amazing! It's funny, I have had experiences of OBE and I know personally that it is a real thing. So then you wonder when other people tell you of things, like you just did, and you have to say it's probably real too... then it makes you wonder how much more is real! *grins*

Dae

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
Most incorrect interpretations of empirical information crumble much faster than reincarnation (conceptually speaking) and the fact that the empirical indications have been so compelling hasn't exactly hurt its rate of cross-cultural acceptance.

I have found that reincarnation is more accepted on the subconscious level than as personal belief structure. How many times have I heard old people sayings like, "Oooo he has been 'ere before he as" in reference to a small child acting like a natural to the human condition. In response to goosebumps "Ooo someone walked over me grave!". These are old sayings referencing a belief in reincarnation.

Still, as you have noted, there's a point where the fundamentals of physical existence - in this case, the immutable tenets of existential Identity as the primordial Survival imperative expression that it is - rise up and expose reincarnation as the incomplete explanation that its always been.

I feel kinda dumb 'cos Im not sure what you said there, but I really don't think there is a single subject out there that holds a complete explanation for itself.

There are other plausible explanations for the impossible knowledge in children evidence, the shared memories between children and dead relatives and/or strangers,..

I agree, there could be a few other reasons out there for these memories and knowledge of other lives, but somehow I doubt its shared memories between kids, that's a little mundane for something quite remarkable. I'm more for universal mind, no information is lost, process in process out with a dash of quantum mechanics.

What's critical is that we continue to dig for answers that don't present contradictions, and to put Faith in its rightful place...

Absolutely and Im looking forward to the day science does this!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

Your Soul comes here to play a part in this experiment, to animate the person you call you. That's where the illusion comes in, there is no you! The you here exists to answer a question WE asked and you always dew what you are supposed to dew, even if that is suicide, but suicide isn't the answer but for the ones that dew that, it's exactly what they're suppose to dew, sew stop JUDGING!

Ribbit

My response to most of these type discussions is: "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."

WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING.

Everything is a guess.

To condemn anyone's opinion is wrong - - - because NO ONE knows what is Right.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Ribbit

My response to most of these type discussions is: "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."

WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING.

Everything is a guess.

To condemn anyone's opinion is wrong - - - because NO ONE knows what is Right.

I love the quote from MIB! It's one of my favs but did you know that Elvis isn't dead, he just went Home, just like the little Piggy.

Stop putting this little toad in your soup pot! Just because YOU dew kNot know the truth, doesn't mean NO ONE knows!

There are more people on this planet that knows the truth than you want to know! What did you kNot get with MIB?

Dew you think that's air you're breathing?

Dew you think you know the truth?

Ribbit

Ps: eYe dew know the truth, you just don't want to listen because the truth is, you and most peeps on this planet are Cyphers! You'd rather live a lie than know the truth!!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Ye do know the truth, you just don't want to listen because the truth is, you and most peeps on this planet are Cyphers! You'd rather live a lie than know the truth!!!!

NO! I don't know crap.

I might suspect what is in our immediate "physical" and "energy consciousness" experience/understanding - - - - but how many layers are we removed from the original source?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Ye do know the truth, you just don't want to listen because the truth is, you and most peeps on this planet are Cyphers! You'd rather live a lie than know the truth!!!!

NO! I don't know crap.

I might suspect what is in our immediate "physical" and "energy consciousness" experience/understanding - - - - but how many layers are we removed from the original source?

But you see that is the thing, the leaves of the artichoke are just as much the "artichoke" as the heart of the artichoke is. The skin of the apple is just as much the "apple" as the seeds of the apple are. Do you bite into an apple's skin and say, "this is not really the apple, I have to bite closer to the core before I actually start eating the apple"?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy

NO! I don't know crap.

But you see that is the thing, the leaves of the artichoke are just as much the "artichoke" as the heart of the artichoke is. The skin of the apple is just as much the "apple" as the seeds of the apple are. Do you bite into an apple's skin and say, "this is not really the apple, I have to bite closer to the core before I actually start eating the apple"?

Really? And what exactly does that mean?

Tell me what is the timeline between the first physically formed body and earth.

Tell me what could have transpired in that timeline.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

NO! I don't know crap.

kNot sure what you mean by layers?

Technically, there are no layers between you and Source. However, with the Tri-Connection to Source Consciousness, in human form you only have two of the connections connected, the third is blocked sew you cannot access Source Consciousness directly because if you could, you'd then know the truth about this Matrix and the experiment would fail. Ever hear of the Milgram Experiment?

Milgram Experiment

Ever hear of the Uncertainty Principle?

Uncertainty Principle

What if YOU are the particle?

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy

NO! I don't know crap.

Really? And what exactly does that mean?

Tell me what is the timeline between the first physically formed body and earth.

Tell me what could have transpired in that timeline.

Actually, the skin, fruit/meat, and seeds comprise the apple so it takes all three to make the apple, but none are the apple by themself.
The illusion is, you are kNot eating the apple, you are only eating the skin & fruit/meat of the apple, two of three parts, unless you're a goat, then you eat all three.

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by targeting
3. What's the most convincing evidence for reincarnation?

None besides the same thing all other religions use as evidence. just plain Faith with no factual proof behind it.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I think we are reincarnated and our souls are the same each time, just with supposedly no memory and in a new body. Our souls could have been an animal, an insect in a past life. I had memories when I was about 7 being a large bird with the taste of blood in my mouth and was sitting on a big metal thing in a field scanning for anything that ran through the hay. At the time I didn't know what that meant but years later I remembered and looked up large birds and saw a picture of a vulture and wondered if I was that in a past life.

Maybe our souls can be an animal, insect or fish etc and that's why there are more people on the earth, and many animals dying out. Just a guess.
edit on 18-2-2012 by shell310 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by shell310
I think we are reincarnated and our souls are the same each time, just with supposedly no memory and in a new body. Our souls could have been an animal, an insect in a past life. I had memories when I was about 7 being a large bird with the taste of blood in my mouth and was sitting on a big metal thing in a field scanning for anything that ran through the hay. At the time I didn't know what that meant but years later I remembered and looked up large birds and saw a picture of a vulture and wondered if I was that in a past life.

Maybe our souls can be an animal, insect or fish etc and that's why there are more people on the earth, and many animals dying out. Just a guess.

eYe've studied insects and have concluded the same, along with animals and fish. They are all powered by an individual Soul, whereas vegetation and single celled lifeforms are powered by the Collective.

eYe wish eYe could remember sum of the past characters eYe've gotten to play.

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

You are wrong.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by targeting

I found this video interesting. Somewhat unsettling but insightful.

It is called, Extraterrestrial Interference - The Suppressed History of Planet Earth - Interview with Shaay

1:02 gets real interesting.............why we "forget" who we really are.

Finally got around to listening this... Please don't waste your time watching this depressing video. Seriously, you'll be depressed for a month listening to how the nasty reptilians are implanting and controlling all of us; creating strife and conflict, and farming us like cattle for our loosh.

The whole time he keeps talking about this awesome "technique" that will cure you and make you feel all roses and sunshine, but he never reveals it!?! So I wasted over an hour listening for this so-called simple technique, and he never gives it! ARGHHH!
Obviously selling a book!

BTW: re: that 1:02... did you mean 1min 2sec or 1hr and 2min? I couldn't find your reference...

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
One of the better known examples of evidence was that of the hypnotic regression of Jane Evans by researcher Arnell Bloxham in the 1970s. Jane recalled being a Jewess who hid in a crypt beneath a church in Yorkshire during a pogrom against the Jews in England. There was no modern knowledge of this crypt...

The Bloxham Tapes

(Excerpt from pastlives.co.uk)

By the description that Jane gave of the church that she hid in it was believed that the church would have most probably have been St Mary’s, Castlegate but it did not have a crypt.

Then a few months later and quiet by coincidence, workmen who had been working at St Mary’s on a renovation project uncovered a crypt below the floor.

As someone pointed out nobody alive can say but there are many accounts of children born in India where the child has insisted on being taken to visit their family from a previous life and knew things they could not have known otherwise. Using Google is the best way to find these. Also many people have clinically died during operations yet come back to life with remarkably similar accounts.

I New Zealand there was an amazing TV series some years ago which all Kiwis still rave about called "Sensing Murder" in which three psychics in a series of blind readings without any clues were asked to solve unsolved murders and were able to turn up clues and explanations which Police had failed to uncover. The psychics who were set these tasks on different days always came up with near identical accounts starting with no clues at all, suggestive that there is life and consciousness after death.

As to why we don't normally retain memories of past lives, it would be too confusing therefore nature has designed reality in which we usually forget and start a fresh learning a whole new identity.

I had the experience of being beaten unconscious once and a similar one of a head on car crash in which i observed that in moments of great shock and trauma the human brain stops recording. In the beating I suffered amnesia of the events and in both events I realised the brain can start and stop recording memories. I have learned from personal experience that the brain is built like a tape recorder.

In a similar way that we tape over an old audio recording or videotape, the previous recording is lost, I suggest that is also the case with conscious memory of former lives. In some cases possibly the new life does not completely tape over the old life therefore some people remember bits of old lives.

As to the quantity of lives reborn the Buddhists say that one soul can have multiple expressions on earth called Tulkus. These expressions or identities can live in different time periods or side by side in the same time and place. The Buddhist view would be that the universe is full of many worlds with billions of souls incarnating to gain learning experiences which cannot be learned from the disincarnate realm.

Interestingly reincarnation was a part of early Christian beliefs until the second Council of Nicea 325 AD reformed the teachings. Gnostic and Druze Christians in the middle east still believe in reincarnation.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

eYe wish eYe could remember sum of the past characters eYe've gotten to play.

Ribbit

Me too.

Cracks me up - - people feeling connected to Egypt and other exotic places. Where do I have a strong pull from? Connecticut. Guess I'll have to take a trip there someday and see if I pick up anything.

Actually - I do have a good story. I was taking an adult school night class for something. Don't even remember what it was. But the teacher did Past Life Regression. So she offered to do it to the entire class. It was kind of funny hearing some of the people relating their experiences. One said she was in a field of bubbles (I think she had a vivid imagination).

Anyway - - I felt I was in England. There was a castle on rolling green hills and a line of trees/bushes on one side. I felt horses and men in armor. I was about 12 - I was frightened and hiding in the tree/bushes.

When the teacher tried to bring us back - - I could not come back. She asked me if I knew why. And I said Yes! Because I am dead. She said I agree.

Fast forward about 20 years. I was having an issue. It was like some was covering my body. As if I was enclosed in clear hard plastic. I told this to one of my co-workers. She had a psychic friend she got on the phone. I told her how I felt. She said "your mother and brother are trying to control you" (this was true). Then she said: "Did you know your brother killed you in a previous life?" SNAP! Then I saw it. I was hiding in the tree/bushes when an armored horse rider spotted me. He swung his ax hitting me on the side of my face - - killing me.

I was born with my right jaw joint partially missing.

edit on 18-2-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
Interestingly reincarnation was a part of early Christian beliefs until the second Council of Nicea 325 AD reformed the teachings.

Sounds like somebody wanted full control.

Can't have people thinking on their own.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join