It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm confused about reincarnation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
1. If in reincarnation, the same souls are recycled over and over, then how is it that the world is much more populated now than it used to be? Where did the new souls come from?
2. So if you're reincarnated then you don't have any memory of your past lives. You also can be a completely different person than you were before. So what is it that makes it you? If I reincarnate into a different person and
I don't remember anything about myself then how am I still me?
3. What's the most convincing evidence for reincarnation?
Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me. I've been wondering about the first two questions for a long time now.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
1.) It's not a closed system, just confined to the planet earth.
2.) The point is to learn specific lessons about life. Perhaps you had difficulties in a previous life with someone. You might choose to reincarnate as their child or their parent to help you learn to love them. That's why you don't have specific memories of your interactions from previous lives. It would hinder your ability to learn.
3.) Best evidence... search the web for previous life stories. There are plenty of them.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by targeting
1. If in reincarnation, the same souls are recycled over and over, then how is it that the world is much more populated now than it used to be? Where did the new souls come from?
2. So if you're reincarnated then you don't have any memory of your past lives. You also can be a completely different person than you were before. So what is it that makes it you? If I reincarnate into a different person and
Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me. I've been wondering about the first two questions for a long time now.

1. Consider how many possible worlds hold intelligent life in our universe... and there could be an infinate number of them...

2. Your soul makes it you... The spirit is the part of YOU that lives on forever... when your body gives out you return to the source... and possibly might return in the body you deserve. Or perhaps you might "evolve" into something more then mear human... who knows

3. Past life regression... scriptural evidence... Individual testamonies...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by targeting

"I'm confused about reincarnation"

curiousity will cause you to do it again.
maybe it's addictive.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Don't listen to anyone's explanations because they don't know the answer, and either do I.

Good questions though. Aside from consciousness, I think reincarnations can be analogiesed as a drop of water. It was mist in a cloud that formed into a raindrop, that fell into a stream, that ran into an ocean, that became a wave that crashed up on the beach, that evaporated and became a cloud again... That's reincarnation
edit on 14-2-2012 by binkbonk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
If you believe what some say, that Earth is a prison for "bad souls", then you can assume that additional bad souls are being added all the time.

Not that I believe this theory. BUT. . . I guess it makes sense.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
i think a a mind or part of mind is inherited via magnetosphere. like kinda the shape of who you are, if that makes sense. but it's not really you, it's more of a memory

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

That would suck, that would mean a couple of things to me.

1.) I was a bad entity.
and
2.) Once I died I would be living as something else, I don't even want to live here and now.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

1. Not a closed system. I am not sure where they come from, in the sense of knowing solidly. However, I believe that the base spirit matter of the physical universe can increase in complexity til it is compatible with incarnation in a human body. A very small number of incarnations are those of "higher" entities.
2. Will and choice make you who you are more than set-in-stone aspects of your existence. If you don't remember who you've been, focus on who you are and who you will be. There are many who do remember who they were before, but this is not necessary for you to understand who you are.
3. Probably the cases of small children in India identifying their spouses and family from previous incarnations. On a personal level, my own past life memories were enough to satisfy my required level of proof.

imho

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Ultimately nothing will make any 'real' sense to you, until you get to the point where you sense or 'remember' other lifetimes for yourself. Remember is kind of a misnomer tho, since time as we know it doesn't exist outside of this third dimension.

Likewise the term 'recycled' IMHO is also a misnomer. I've always experienced it more like different branches of the same tree.

If you're seriously interested in this topic, find a good hypnotist and do some regressions. Or you can just buy a CD that walks you thru it. If that's not your thing, probably the next best thing would be to learn astral travel, and you can actually meet some other-selves from your [same/parent] soul.

Originally posted by amongus
If you believe what some say, that Earth is a prison for "bad souls", then you can assume that additional bad souls are being added all the time.

I have heard this theory, and it's quite possible that it's valid for some... but not me. I have a distinct recollection of choosing to come here now, because it's such an important time in the history of humanity. I remember them saying it won't be easy... this is your last chance to opt out, and I said, "Don't be silly! Remember who you're talking to!"
(Now how the hell could I have been so obtuse?)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I have never seen collusive proof of reincarnation, but its a nice theory. A possible answer for your number 1 question:

Time is part of the physical world. If a" spirit" world exists, and I say if, then there's nothing to indicate it would be bound by this parameter of our physical reality. That means that my next life could be in the 17th century, if that is the lesson I need to personally learn. That wouldn't change the past, my" next" life there is already lived on our timeline. Of course, this creates other odd possibilities, such as the possibility of living two lives simultaneously or that overlap. For whatever reason, this time would have more incarnations than there were in the past. I don't necessarily believe this, but its fun to think about.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Is not soul. Is the same karma causing reincarnations. That your previous past life karma is balanced by the next life karma. Is the law of karma and reincarnations as means for the nature to keep the population in check? Don't know. We do know that reincarnations do not restricted to human lives, but too all matters.

I am sure there are accounts about children remembering events happened long time ago. Personally, I still remember seeing a cemetery, could be a military cemetery since all the tomb stones were lined up in columns and shaped as a cross, when I was maybe 3 or 4. Due to some kidney illness I had as a child, I was hospitalized for over 6 months. It was during Christmas day my Mom was to pick me up. It was that Christmas morning I looked out the windows from my bed and saw this cemetery. Yes, in my past life or at least my immediate past life I was a soldier during WWII. I think I even know his name too.
Or should I say my name....Ingram.... That's it.
You may even have memories of your past life but you were maybe too young to know.

Yes, if you begin to remember your past life, you will become a completely different person. This could be bad or good. Depending how you are able to manage to incorporate this past life memories into who you are today. This realization will quickly destroy what you called the Ego you.
This realization would also lead you to the original source of all creations, existence and non-existence. The problem with this realization is that it may carry great Karma. Now, the Karma associated with this past life will quickly become apparent to you. Personally, I am still trying to resolve this past life Karma of mine. It is ridiculously difficult.

Evidence? From you own experience. From your dreams. Let me make an analogy. Do you ever question about your childhood memories or whether or not they actually exist? No because you had a childhood and you remember them in your dreams. Your past life memories are no different. When you begin to dream about some historical time and in some distance past, you know something is happening.

I always find it silly that someone feels the need to prove if reincarnations exist. They only exist in your memories and feelings. It is impossible to track down a dying mind and to see where he or she will be reborn.

edit on 14-2-2012 by ChiForce because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperManny

Originally posted by amongus

I have heard this theory, and it's quite possible that it's valid for some... but not me. I have a distinct recollection of choosing to come here now, because it's such an important time in the history of humanity. I remember them saying it won't be easy... this is your last chance to opt out, and I said, "Don't be silly! Remember who you're talking to!"
(Now how the hell could I have been so obtuse?)

I put absolutely no stock in that theory, however, your comment there...

I have a very similar memory myself. I've been checking up on this planet since the dinosaurs walked it, the little punk who sent me on my first incarnation allowed me to come as a shrimp-like creature, as, in my experience with life, that was what I expected to be top-of-the-food-chain. I got stepped on by a brontosaurus or something a few minutes after incarnating, and I remember the incarnator's amusement at my folly when I turned back up so quickly, and so baffled... I observed from a distance for quite a long time after that. I told him something similar before I went in, though, Of course I want to incarnate as that, I know what I'm talking about! Etc...

I would ask you a million questions if I could, but I suspect if you remember your incarnator's advice, it is probably best if you keep the things I would ask you secret.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Obviously no one knows the answer, but these are my beliefs:

1. Not all souls have lived on Earth their entire soul's life, some have lived on other planets/dimensions, some have chosen to stay "on the other side" and are just now deciding to incarnate, thus population growth.

2. We all reincarnate to learn lessons and acquire wisdom. By the time we have reincarnated, we are still the same soul, we just have new wisdom and have learned on a spiritual level new lessons and therefore are constantly getting higher and more advanced with each life we live (in most cases).

3. Past life regression, personal testimonies, etc.

Edit: I also don't believe in the "Earth is a place for bad souls" belief. I believe that we choose to reincarnate at certain times throughout history when our lessons and wisdom are needed to bring things into motion.
edit on 14-2-2012 by ofNight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The problem lies with a confused understanding of time. Time is not linear as it is "experienced" here on earth. The earth time game is simply a game, a computer construct that gives us an illusion of something that is only limited to earth. That said, reincarnation is not exactly accurate. Most, not all, but most soul systems incarnated out of time, all at the same time, and not sequentially (one after another). The simultaneous incarnation system is vastly superior to sequential and not much more difficult.

As for losing memories, they are all contained in both the over-soul - the energy body that contains your individual body based personality, and the soul, the system that contains all of your incarnations. The memory system is sectioned off simply to give one the single experience they are looking for - you, as a separate and distinct part of the whole. The Soul isn't burdened by the separation but is the clearing house for all of the incarnations and memories.

As for settling scores with others, or resolving issues with others, this is a confused notion that seems to come from one specific group of people primarily based in India that decided to incarnate, sequentially in this case, into each of the 100k possible body-experiences listed in their system. As for the rest of us, the aspect of you that experienced whatever it was with whomever it was, is solely responsible for the action. Let me illustrate why the idea of settling scores, resolving issues, is not only incorrect but useless. When you train a dog you must catch them in the act of what you want to stop - peeing in the house. You can't beat a dog two weeks after it peed and expect anything but confusion. Human incarnations are the same, if I stabbed Billy over a money dispute - the issue is with incarnation Billy and incarnation me. The issue is not with incarnation Ethel, so to make incarnation Ethel, wholly ignorant to Billy's and "my" other life existence is simply pointless and counterproductive.

Once one leaves the body, the incarnation continues on, so Billy and I could seek to resolve the issue were we so inclined in an area outside the body, but the fact is there are very few things that can't be resolved right in the moment - including stabbing and even fewer that are not sorted after getting non-body perspective. More to the point, almost everything can be resolved in another realm, outside of earth, should one choose to make the effort.

It is true that some folks, once leaving the body, may opt for returning to another body - though with an entire, vast, timeless consciousness out there to explore I can't for the life of me understand why coming back here is appealing. But some do and these are the stories you hear of people remembering their "past" lives.

As for psychics who say "you poor here because you were rich in a past life" is simply wrong on every level. Most are too dumb to understand that life is not about punishment and reward, and most don't understand that just because you can sense "another" life it does not mean it is not continuing on. There is no time, so this fact renders linear incarnation impossible, on the rare occasion where the Soul has decided to do it, as in the example above, it is still not linear.

So for you out there, keep in simple - you are wholly and completely responsible for the life and the reality directly in front of you, the other aspects of you are wholly and completely for the life and the reality directly in front of them, together your Soul is responsible for it all.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Also, reincarnation can get interesting if remembering your past life or lives can lead you to Enlightenment (ie in the form of experiencing the Kundalini energy or Chi).
Now, the question becomes what is your life purpose, not whether or not this silly duality of whether or not Karma and reincarnation exist. Because you know the memories of your past lives or life are causing a physical reaction in your body.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
very good questions, s+f

also we must remember if we dig a bit deeper we will find that in buddhism reincarnation is reserved to lamas, those who apparently can recall who they were in the previous incarnation. mere laymen who know nothing are merely reborn

that’s what they say

in any case the picture is bigger than we can see

i say don’t think or act unless you are in touch with an experienceable reality. being out of touch with reality is illusion, projection. only when we understand our human existence can we transcend with meaning

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
What If this thing you call Life is nothing more than an experiment in Chaos?

What If you don't remember past incarnations because your Soul is dew'n nothing more than animating a "lifeform" in this Closed System Matrix, in order for the experiment to unfold as planned and if you could remember Soulstate, you'd muck up the experiment?

What If?

eYe love how others have said that nobody can know the answer to your question, when, in fact, it is they that don't know and because they don't know, they assume no one else can.

"If you think you can, you can and if you think you can't, you're right." - Henry Ford

"There is n0 don't, there's only dew! So, if you can't don't, then don't can't!" - Old Toad Proverb

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

1. Recycled is not a helpful term to describe reincarnation. Your soul is not a plastic bag...he he...
The concept description includes the word 'carnate', which comes from 'carnal', meaning...of the flesh, earthly. So when you IN-carnate, you inhabit on earth a body of flesh. Therefore, re-IN-carnation, means the reinhabiting of a flesh body (on the presumption, you have done it before).
Two other posters, in answer to separate questions, have answered the second part of your first question.
Time is not a relevant measurement when not 'carnate'...and souls do not instantly reincarnate on death (from our perspective)...the same number (if that is relevant) of souls exist all at the same time...they just don't (from our perspective) incarnate at the same time...

2. You don't "reincarnate into a different person"...you are always YOU...
You IN-habit a different body...a body (vehicle) which grows with you...your concept of YOU when you were 15 yo is the same as it is now - you are always...YOU...
IN-habit...an interesting mixture of words. The word 'habit' has a number of meanings. A habit can be something you do without thinking on a regular basis by rote...it is also the clothing 'worn' by nuns...the 'clothing' worn by a horse rider...the suggestions should be obvious...

3. The most convincing evidence for reincarnation is your own experience of a past life. The evidence to 'prove' subjective experience, of this nature, in an objective manner, is non-existent.

Plenty of anecdotal evidence...

Akushla

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
There is no "self" as such, all that there is are points of consciousness - from this perspective, when you "die" your collective experiences and memories will return to the "universal consciousness" and from that point on, new souls will be produced and incarnated from that collective.

Basically, the "stuff" that makes up an individual is recycled, but it is not recycled into discrete packages of "selves".

Much of the evil of this world is due to selfishness, "ego" and basically, it is the fear of losing the "self" and the realisation that there was no "self" to begin with - those on the precipice of awakening are still delluded by the idea of spiritual "immortality".

The reality is, is that I am unique, I am the only one of me, and I am also a combination of various ingredients from other "selves" - eventually, we are all the exact same "self" that "has no self" - if you know what I mean.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join