It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is HOME to you?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by ottobot

Mindfulness is not about analyzing each thought, it is about watching the thoughts pass by. The colors and patterns are just colors and patterns but humans make 'things' out of the patterns and try and solve it. Nothing needs to be solved, it just wants to be seen as it is without words and labels attatched.

Yes, I realize this. I think we are talking about the same things, just in different words.

I am not lonely because i am never separate from the present experience that is happening, i am present with what is.

This explains why you can feel at home anywhere you are.

People feel lonely even when they have families and friends around them, loneliness is not about how many people you have in your life, it is about feeling separate.
It is because people feel desparately separate (lonely) that they are so needy, this neediness brings manipulation and control and humans call it love.

Ok, no argument there.

When you realize that you are not separate from your experience, that you actually are your present experience and NOT your thoughts and memories, the loneliness, the incompleteness disappears. The fear of life is gone.

The thing is, I do realize this.

You repeating it doesn't make it any easier for me to embrace mindful mindlessness because in my life, I have always survived. Mindlessness is not conducive to survival because survival requires shrewd and ruthless calculation - a cold, vigilant, and emotionless state of presence of present which I am always in.

You see, I do know how to be present. Just not in this beautiful and peaceful way that you describe.

I do not know how to Live this moment. I know how to Survive this moment.

I am in the process of completely rewriting the workings of my [physical] brain. This is why it takes me a long time to complete these transformations.

Fear of life? Please elaborate...

When you are selfish enough to put your peace and happiness first you will change the world.

Poignant proverb to ponder.

Though, the world can take care of itself. I'd just like to change me.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

reply to post by ottobot

You do not have to build a dam to stop the mind, in fact it is dam building that causes the problem. Your mind is like a stream, take down the dam and let it run smoothly, climb out of the stream and sit by the side of the stream and be the silent watcher.

Yes, I acknowledge that I chose the wrong set of words for that post. I was tired.

I don't have a dam, but I there are times I do have trouble climbing out of the stream.

Not because it is difficult to climb from the stream, but because in reality, there is a raging river with a cruel undertow beneath that tranquil and simple stream which can be seen. That raging river will need to be brought to the surface and replace the stream for me to succeed at this endeavor.

You are not trapped in the mind unless you are inside the mind. The mind is noisey but it is not you. You are the one that HEARS the noise of the mind. Just listen and you are free of the mind, outside of the mind.

Yes. The silence, if not heard, could not be.

If you 'think' you are the mind then you will never be at peace.

I don't think I am the mind. I don't think I am anything. I don't know what I am. Perhaps this is why I am not at peace.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
I think what I really meant to say is that home is a state of mind. I was homeless for a while and yet I still felt at home and now that I have rainment and all the material stuff..I actually find myself wishing to be free of it and daydream about my homeless days.

strange but true.

I hear you, this is where I am at. I feel closest to that state of "home" when I am working outside in my garden. Those are the times I long for.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ottobot
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

Well you have a point, I do agree that it's pointless to do charity work just for the sake of doing it.I have never seen a point of doing something just so others can see that I'm doing it.

Incidentally, I don't do charity work. Sure, I give away my surplus stuff... but only because I like to share and I see that there are other people who could benefit from my surplus items which will just be wasted otherwise.

Honestly, I am saying that I would like to be a hermit. Not because I will "magically find peace" as a hermit, but because I don't particularly like people and I would actually like to be a hermit.

I understand that the peace I seek is already in me. As I have stated, I have found that peace on occasion. The issue is that even while I can pretend that nothing affects me and that I have no effect on the moment, it is a lie.

No matter how much of my own noise I can block out, there will always be the noise of the others around me to seep in.

I cannot stop thinking, stop doing, stop existing in all times because there are other people who depend on me for their very lives. Their present only exists because of choices I made in my past. Their future only exists because of choices I make in my present.

I have been given children to care for, and I must care for them until they can care for themselves.

So, as I said, I do have to work within the confines of this life which I currently exist in, whether I want to or not.
edit on 3/5/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

I understand. But again, the problems are arising because you are identified with the mind, which you are not. Thoughts come and go; "I am a parent" "I want to be a hermit" "I don't want to be lonely" "I don't really get along with people" "I love people", "I don't know who I am", "I want peace".... these are all just the mind spitting out thoughts that are in conflict with each other. The thought "I" is where all of these thoughts are stemming from, it is like the king or president of the mind, thus by definition the mind is fragmented and in conflict. Once this "I" thought is clarified to be incorrect, the mind begins to return to its nature state of unified tranquility. That is why I said, find out who this "I" is.

Allow the mind and body to be a parent, to desire solitude, to be lonely.... you remain as you have always been, silent awareness. Your child asks the mind for advice, for money, for help, and the mind knows how to give it to them. The mind knows how to direct the body to do the laundry and drive to school. Allow it to do that. There should be no need for suppression or contrived effort to ignore the mind, that again is just the "I" thought in conflict with all the other thoughts. Just watch the mind, allow it to be, allow it to direct the body and do what it does, and all will be fine.

Peace friend.

edit on 5-3-2012 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I would like to help you find home.

Why?

If you are a conscious observer, who is it that would like to help me find home?

What do I matter in that stream of your life?

I am nothing to you.

Yet, you keep reading my posts, responding to my questions.

You are in the present, but my posts are in the past. Why take the time to respond to them, if they were brought on by thoughts that no longer exist and I am in a moment separate from those thoughts, and you can only read them in the future?

I am asking you in my present if you respond to posts from my past in my future because I wrote them intriguingly enough to pique your observer's interest?

Or, is there some reason that you feel compelled to assist me?

If not, then I have pulled you from your riverbank and distance and pulled you into my stream.

What is the point?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

I get it, thank you for explaining it more clearly.

Yes, you are right, the issue is that the mind keeps taking control, unchecked.

To continue the use of the mind as a stream: When I finally realize I am swimming in the stream again, I struggle to get out. I get up to that riverbank again, but get distracted following dragonflies and fall into the stream again.

So, I remind myself just to watch the dragonflies, not to try to catch them or touch them or inspect them.

Indeed, it is still difficult for me. But I am better at it today than I was at it yesterday and will be better at it tomorrow than I am today.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

God only knows.
edit on 5-3-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

reply to post by ottobot

God only knows.
edit on 5-3-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

On this I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Missing Blue Sky
I have move many times and have come to understand home is the refuge place you make for yourself where ever you are. Now home is where my couch and bed are...where I can just be. Ultimately my hope is home will be a spiritual one with God and all my family in heaven.

That is a lovely thought, Missing Blue Sky. I appreciate your input and perspective.

I also really like your username. It makes me smile.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Overall research says that the beings can store or bottle up emotions coming from these events so it is a study.
I'm not sure what to think about that. I've never thought about it before, so bottling emotion seems extremely foreign to me. But, now that I have thought about it for a second while typing the previous sentence, I think that it could be possible to bottle chemical reactions, pheremones, and/or electrical impulses with advanced equipment. Though, bottling doesn't seem to be the right word - record in multiple dimensions, maybe?

You are reminding me that ever since then I have been looking for what I lost, and I have not found it even close. Before then I didn't even believe.

Well I hope you are able to find it again.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Today is the first day of my life I feel like a normal person. No deep thoughts. People are physical, they don't ponder all the facets of the mysterious, they just go from point a to b. Sounds fun to me lol.

I'm not sure what to think about that. I've never thought about it before, so bottling emotion seems extremely foreign to me. But, now that I have thought about it for a second while typing the previous sentence, I think that it could be possible to bottle chemical reactions, pheremones, and/or electrical impulses with advanced equipment. Though, bottling doesn't seem to be the right word - record in multiple dimensions, maybe?

The 'bottle' comment was a slang phrase. It means that they can 'take a pill' and feel a high from our emotions. I don't think they keep bottle of emotions but as they experience the emotions they bring it back to others and soon all can have the knowledge. Hopefully they have learned enough in the 100 years that they will simply just leave without even telling us they were here. Or they are in our solar system waiting for us to find them.

Well I hope you are able to find it again.

My thoughts were that it would be impossible for something like that to happen unless I learn some access, to the mysterious. The same can happen again, but I would need enough brain power to literally be a subconscious intergalatic being. Magic is something that will shock and amaze the individual receiving it, in order to present the magic that has been presented to myself I would have to be as mentally large as all of them. So obviously I am pathetic lol.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
reply to post by ottobot

Today is the first day of my life I feel like a normal person. No deep thoughts. People are physical, they don't ponder all the facets of the mysterious, they just go from point a to b. Sounds fun to me lol.

I agree, it must be a relief.

But, then, when I see those unthinking people doing unthought-through things I do not want to be like them.

I have no idea how to not ponder. It's pretty much my favorite activity.

Those boundless vistas of imagination and thought have always been my playground.

But, I do need to be the Watcher more often than not, so that is what I am attempting to achieve.

The 'bottle' comment was a slang phrase. It means that they can 'take a pill' and feel a high from our emotions. I don't think they keep bottle of emotions but as they experience the emotions they bring it back to others and soon all can have the knowledge. Hopefully they have learned enough in the 100 years that they will simply just leave without even telling us they were here. Or they are in our solar system waiting for us to find them.

Yes, that's what I thought. But, I was still trying to think of how they might achieve that "pill" form. I can see that being a reality - pseudo-organic lifeforms with no emotion wanting to take emotion from others at all cost. This is not much different from the actions of any [human] addict.

My thoughts were that it would be impossible for something like that to happen unless I learn some access, to the mysterious. The same can happen again, but I would need enough brain power to literally be a subconscious intergalatic being. Magic is something that will shock and amaze the individual receiving it, in order to present the magic that has been presented to myself I would have to be as mentally large as all of them. So obviously I am pathetic lol.

No, you are not pathetic. You're just only using about 10% of your brain's raw power. It is likely that you will be able to master that "magic" (which is not really magic, just forgotten function) eventually. But, only if you are able to escape the confines of thought which are put on us by society.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
I understand. But again, the problems are arising because you are identified with the mind, which you are not. Thoughts come and go; "I am a parent" "I want to be a hermit" "I don't want to be lonely" "I don't really get along with people" "I love people", "I don't know who I am", "I want peace".... these are all just the mind spitting out thoughts that are in conflict with each other. The thought "I" is where all of these thoughts are stemming from, it is like the king or president of the mind, thus by definition the mind is fragmented and in conflict. Once this "I" thought is clarified to be incorrect, the mind begins to return to its nature state of unified tranquility. That is why I said, find out who this "I" is.

The "I" is the collection of personality traits which have been formed over the lifetime of this particular compilation of mind/body/soul.

Allow the mind and body to be a parent, to desire solitude, to be lonely.... you remain as you have always been, silent awareness. Your child asks the mind for advice, for money, for help, and the mind knows how to give it to them. The mind knows how to direct the body to do the laundry and drive to school. Allow it to do that. There should be no need for suppression or contrived effort to ignore the mind, that again is just the "I" thought in conflict with all the other thoughts. Just watch the mind, allow it to be, allow it to direct the body and do what it does, and all will be fine.

You do have a way with explanations, LifeIsEnergy. This paragraph has given me a significant amount of insight on how to achieve the Watcher status in a consistent manner. I appreciate it.

It's true, I do attempt to suppress my mind and emotions because that is how I have existed and survived thus far. Though, that silent Watcher has always been there and always been my solace, it was never allowed to be Me.

That is what I [mind] crave.

Peace friend.

Yes, peace.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

It's true, I do attempt to suppress my mind and emotions because that is how I have existed and survived thus far. Though, that silent Watcher has always been there and always been my solace, it was never allowed to be Me.

These two sentences are absolutely wonderful. Except that, you were suppressing the mind and emotion because that is how you THOUGHT you existed and survived thus far. The "I" thought loves taking credit for the entire beings existence, just as the dictator loves taking credit for the entire nations prosperity. Overthrow (let go of) this dictator (thought) named "I" , take its power away and render it as just another person (thought) amongst the nation (mind).

There may come a time when great fear arises along with the thought, "I am making a grave mistake by letting go of this 'I' thought, this identity I have constructed", but that is what all dictators do, they give one last push to remain in control by striking fear into the heart of their citizens, because they know the end of their reign is near. It happens to all of us, even happened to Jesus (in the desert) and Buddha (with Mara). Just be a watcher of this too.

Peace friend.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
These two sentences are absolutely wonderful. Except that, you were suppressing the mind and emotion because that is how you THOUGHT you existed and survived thus far. The "I" thought loves taking credit for the entire beings existence, just as the dictator loves taking credit for the entire nations prosperity. Overthrow (let go of) this dictator (thought) named "I" , take its power away and render it as just another person (thought) amongst the nation (mind).

Well, yes, the Watcher is how I survived because I was able to withdraw from everything and just Be. That's what I meant by saying it is my Solace. That is the one place nobody can hurt me, I do not have to worry about other people, and I do not have to pretend.

The "I" was how I survived externally - the things I would do, say, and thoughts I would have in order to make it through the day around other people. That is where I got hurt, where I had to worry, where I had to pretend. Not because I wanted to, but because that is what I had to do to exist in the world I was born into.

Like I said, I know how to be Present. Just not in a Peaceful manner.

I am learning, though.

There may come a time when great fear arises along with the thought, "I am making a grave mistake by letting go of this 'I' thought, this identity I have constructed", but that is what all dictators do, they give one last push to remain in control by striking fear into the heart of their citizens, because they know the end of their reign is near. It happens to all of us, even happened to Jesus (in the desert) and Buddha (with Mara). Just be a watcher of this too.

Nope, I've wanted this "I" to be gone for a long time. Generally because "I" is full of hate toward "Me". Watcher knows this is wrong and those thoughts are a lie, and Watcher has always felt suffocated watching this I/Me dialogue that always goes on.

It was not until relatively recently, though, that the fear of I/Me was overcome: Watcher emerged and refused to hide anymore.

It is a process, though, and I forget how to do it sometimes. But, it will eventually become a state, and I will no longer make threads like this, looking for different ways to achieve that which I have never completely achieved.
edit on 3/6/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I agree, it must be a relief.

But, then, when I see those unthinking people doing unthought-through things I do not want to be like them.

I have no idea how to not ponder. It's pretty much my favorite activity.

Those boundless vistas of imagination and thought have always been my playground.

But, I do need to be the Watcher more often than not, so that is what I am attempting to achieve.

I was wrong. I didn't see any people going from A-B, I saw some ignorance and yes definetly in myself, but in everybody else I saw the same as me, the mysterious reality, in their minds. I felt in my own watchings that I knew the true meaning of mysticism.

Yes, I saw yesterday that it is about .5 of a second to be able to watch, give yourself a chance to turn around the unwelcoming powers of frustration. I've been talking so much about it on ATS but I didn't realize how quick of a timespan we have.

Yes, that's what I thought. But, I was still trying to think of how they might achieve that "pill" form. I can see that being a reality - pseudo-organic lifeforms with no emotion wanting to take emotion from others at all cost. This is not much different from the actions of any [human] addict.

From accounts they would prefer liquid formulas rather than a tablet. They look very skinny and because of that weak but in all the cases I have heard strength and precise movements, they walk with a shuffle leading to believe of a gravity difference.

Some how this is related to addiction, I would like you to help me in why advanced space beings would have anything to do with creating desires, because it is all over research.

No, you are not pathetic. You're just only using about 10% of your brain's raw power. It is likely that you will be able to master that "magic" (which is not really magic, just forgotten function) eventually. But, only if you are able to escape the confines of thought which are put on us by society.

If you know of any good books on the subject let me know.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Well, if they have been observing humans for any length of time, they have seen the pleasures humans are capable of experiencing.

They can think, they can analyze, they can compare. But, they cannot understand the importance of pleasure until they also experience those pleasures. So they figured out how to. Then became addicted to that which is not a natural state of their existence.

Of course, this is all just my imagination working, but I can definitely see something like that happening.

No, I don't know any good books about increasing brain power. Honestly, I don't read books like that because they are all from someone else's perspective. Each of our brains is different and we each understand how to relate to our own brain in a different way than anyone else ever could. Just start figuring out how to do things that you currently don't know how to do.

I started out by teaching myself how to wiggle each eyebrow independently, then each ear independently. Once you master the control of muscles you've never used, then you can go on to control skills you have never used.

Practice without fear.
edit on 3/7/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Sorry if this has already been posted.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

reply to post by greyer

Well, if they have been observing humans for any length of time, they have seen the pleasures humans are capable of experiencing.

The evidence of visitation starts from the 'airship' wave of the 1890s. There is evidence of sightings throughout history, but those are likely time travelers going back in time to visit, so we see the outcome of what the people did in the past to tell us. Others may have been different 'peoples' altogether. Some hostile and creating 'airship wars' in Europe 500 years ago, nothing like the evidence of Colares Brazil in 1977. But, I could be wrong because ancients used to worship animal/people - maybe because they saw an alien clone.

They can think, they can analyze, they can compare. But, they cannot understand the importance of pleasure until they also experience those pleasures. So they figured out how to. Then became addicted to that which is not a natural state of their existence.

Of course, this is all just my imagination working, but I can definitely see something like that happening.

Thank you so much for helping me to understand. I feel like a key was given to me that said on it 'this is true.'

No, I don't know any good books about increasing brain power. Honestly, I don't read books like that because they are all from someone else's perspective. Each of our brains is different and we each understand how to relate to our own brain in a different way than anyone else ever could. Just start figuring out how to do things that you currently don't know how to do.

I started out by teaching myself how to wiggle each eyebrow independently, then each ear independently. Once you master the control of muscles you've never used, then you can go on to control skills you have never used.

Practice without fear.

That is making me laugh, I remember when we were kids some knew how to move their ears, that is hilarious!

I don't know how many stages there are but hopefully I will move on soon because I am still at stage 1 lol.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

There's nothing wrong with stage 1!

Yes, I've always been fascinated by the references to flying ships in ancient literature, paintings, even cave art. It's amazing to me and something that is too prevalent to be written off.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join