It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is HOME to you?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Person? Place? Thing? Idea? Feeling? Family? Self?

I have been thinking about this a lot lately, trying to figure out what that intangible sense of home actually is. I think, for me, it is security and complete acceptance and some kind of immeasurable warmth of heart.

I think, to me, it is also synonymous with a very deep, spiritual, instinctive form of love that is pervasive and indefinable and indelible.

What, to you, is home?

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Some quotes about home:

"Home is where the heart is." - Traditional Proverb

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." - Mother Teresa

"The strength of a nation derives from the integrity of the home." - Confucius

“A house is made of walls and beams; a home is built with love and dreams.” - Dr. William A Ward

“Home is not where you live, but where they understand you.” - Christian Morganstern

“I long, as does every human being, to be at home wherever I find myself.” - Maya Angelou

“He is the happiest, be he king or peasant, who finds peace in his home.” - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

What is HOME to you

No place that has to do with my soul being stuck in this 'useless transport vehicle'. (body)
HOME is someplace else. I'm just stuck here for a while.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Home is where you can be at your most comfortable, you can do what you want in your own home, you make the rules.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
HOME is wherever I happen to be at the moment..although ultimately, I long for Chicago.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I actually have experienced this whole home idea and where it is. I have determined for myself anyways, that home is where I was born.
I have traveled all over the USA, from one end to the other, from north to south,east to west, but no place EVER felt like my home town. When I was 9 years old, we moved, and it took me 25 years to make it back there. When I did, the feeling of being "home" and connected to the land and animals was overwhelming in a very good way.

I felt totally connected to where I was. Even the people. Have never felt that connection anywhere else. Now, to me, home is a small town in Alaska, on an island, miles and miles away from "the World".
I hope to get back there soon

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

What is HOME to you

No place that has to do with my soul being stuck in this 'useless transport vehicle'. (body)

Funny, I was about to reply with a similar response and I see yours right here.
I miss "home" every day. This place seems like a prison sentence for something I must have done, or needed to learn. 20th-21st century Earth is like Master Jedi level training for the soul.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Home is where I can close the blinds, draw the curtains and lock the door.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Although I don't see the body as useless I do agree with your sentiment. The body is useful for this 3 dimensional life, but my spirit/soul/real self belongs to another world and another time.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

It is not where I can draw the blinds or close and lock the door.

EARTH is HOME.

For better or worse, I love it. All of it.

Only wish others in my family would feel the same way.

edit on 14-2-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

@What is HOME to you?

It is the SOURCE of ALL the universal energies before manifesting into species and seperation it is the LOCATION of the original CREATOR essence shared with ALL CREATOR CREATIONS.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The black country

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I am in the program of Alcoholics Anonymous , it saved my life . When I am at my home group meeting Im with my own kind , I am not judged , and I am loved and accepted ! For those few hours a week that's where I'm truly at home !!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I don't feel at home nowhere on this earth; I grew up in so many places, and even as an adult my wanders continued, so I always feel out of place, a stranger. Never lived in one place more than five years; many times as little as one year. Always finding myself asking: "what am I doing here?", sometimes on a daily basis.
There are some people, very few, who give me a feeling similar to that of coming home. Unfortunately, they are few and far between, and lately I didn't crossed paths with anyone like this. Then there is music, books, and painting who give me a temporary shelter.

I've read once a beautiful haiku, I"m so sorry I don't remember it exactly, but it goes something like this:
"A heart without the love
On an ocean without a shore,
Forever astray..."

It's exactly my permanent feeling....

edit on 14-2-2012 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Home is where I am, where ever I am.
I am at home with myself, we are one.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Home is here and now.
I am home.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

What is HOME to you

So, you don't feel like you could ever be content or "home" on Earth?

I kind of understand this, in the sense that I have never felt like I "belong"... but I think that has more to do with my mentality and emotional issues than anything. I do have memories of other lifetimes and do think my soul knows other places to be. But, I don't feel like those other places are where I'm supposed to be right now. So, I look for home where I am.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I actually have experienced this whole home idea and where it is. I have determined for myself anyways, that home is where I was born.

I felt totally connected to where I was. Even the people. Have never felt that connection anywhere else. Now, to me, home is a small town in Alaska, on an island, miles and miles away from "the World".
I hope to get back there soon

So why are you in Minnesota then?

I know what you mean, that oneness exists on an amazing depth and can never be fully explained. Thanks for the insight!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by ottobot

It is not where I can draw the blinds or close and lock the door.

EARTH is HOME.

For better or worse, I love it. All of it.

Only wish others in my family would feel the same way.

I think that it is human nature to be dissatisfied with the lives we live. At the same time, it seems like some people can find no satisfaction with the world in which we live. I don't know, it's such a complex thing, and this is why I asked the question.

So, do you try to make Earth feel like home for others?

Or, how do you think others might be convinced that Earth is, indeed, their home?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by rick004
I am in the program of Alcoholics Anonymous , it saved my life . When I am at my home group meeting Im with my own kind , I am not judged , and I am loved and accepted ! For those few hours a week that's where I'm truly at home !!

Hey, thank you for the open and honest response, and congratulations on your sobriety!

It's good to hear that you were able to find a place to feel good and accepted, this is so important.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Feeling bad and unaccepted is what makes nowhere feel like home. We always take ourselves where ever we go. Where ever i go there i am. It is the mind chattering about how bad we are that makes life uncomfortable.
If you could accept yourself and know that you are ok then life is less heavy and soon you feel at home all the time.

edit on 14-2-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join