It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian navy shadows USS Abraham Lincoln through Hormuz Strait

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedrunkhacker
well i'm one of the 'allies' but c'mon do you blame them? I mean if a chinese or russian navy group ironically with nukes were 300 miles off your coast and threatening you, would you monitor them? you'd be as popular as a snake in a sleeping bag if ya didn't.

go on waiting for those who see it differently....

To clarify things - the Straits of Hormuz are wholly within Iranian Territorrial waters.
So are the main shipping routes to the northern Arabian/Persian Gulf.
It would be akin to the Russian or Chinese navies sailing trough the waters between mainland California and the Catalina Islands.
Now that the USA involvement in Iraq is finished, there is no need to have the US navy in the Arabian/Persian Gulf at all.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by cuchullainuk777

Originally posted by EmceeTrick
reply to post by cuchullainuk777

True i feel you.. Truth is none of us know right now. For all we know eveyrone will be againts Iran.. Or USA lol Israel is so small They wouldnt last much
Such is the weirdness of world politics,i was havin a talk with me mate yesterday about how the public perception has actually gone up in the likeability ratings lol Obama has increased the US credentials especially in Arab eys (well most Arabs lol).EVEN AND THIS IS MAD BIZZARRE I READ IN PRESS TV AL QUIADA ARE ON WARNING TO BACK THE WEST OVER THE SYRIA CONFLICT ..............................nothin stranger than folk lol

Funny, I voted for OBAMA and i think the guy is a total veggie now.. Hahahah Al Qaeda backs the west hjahahaha

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Iranian navy shadows USS Abraham Lincoln through Hormuz Strait

Remember that scene from ID4 when they finally bring the force-field down and all those F-18s light-off missiles into the side of the ship?

Yup. Just like that. That's how a hundred little Iranian suicide boats running up on a Nimitz Class carrier would be.

It's the coastal anti-ship missile batteries that are the real threat.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

True i feel you.. Truth is none of us know right now. For all we know eveyrone will be againts Iran.. Or USA lol Israel is so small They wouldnt last much
Such is the weirdness of world politics,i was havin a talk with me mate yesterday about how the public perception has actually gone up in the likeability ratings lol Obama has increased the US credentials especially in Arab eys (well most Arabs lol).EVEN AND THIS IS MAD BIZZARRE I READ IN PRESS TV AL QUIADA ARE ON WARNING TO BACK THE WEST OVER THE SYRIA CONFLICT ..............................nothin stranger than folk lol

Funny, I voted for OBAMA and i think the guy is a total veggie now.. Hahahah Al Qaeda backs the west hjahahaha
ere get your beer goggles around this link www.presstv.ir... Quite evident Al Quiada endorse the West over Syria weeeirrrrrrrrd lol

edit on 14-2-2012 by cuchullainuk777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

ere get your beer goggles around this link www.presstv.ir... Quite evident Al Quiada endorse the West over Syria weeeirrrrrrrrd lol

edit on 14-2-2012 by cuchullainuk777 because: (no reason given)

Hahahah interesting... hahahah

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by volafox
I'm sure that the scene is not unlike a freighter being tailed by rowboats, and with the arsenal on our warships, we could not only send their navy back to allah, but most of their coast as well. They're taunting a dragon.

Be that as it may, they have the support of Russia and more anti-ship missiles than we have the capability to shoot down.

In case you didn't notice, Iran is not afraid of the USA.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
remove
edit on 14-2-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Blast those towelheads

azurescens420 4 minutes ago

nuke them, nuke em to hell!

K03dUr1p0dplz 5 minutes ago

Those are the calibre of the comments to that video.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AlanQaida

atleast Iran ist taking all of this lying down!

Iran isn’t taking WHAT lying down?? American ships traveling through the Strait of Hormuz (International Waters) like many times before??

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join