It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian navy shadows USS Abraham Lincoln through Hormuz Strait

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Iranian navy shadows USS Abraham Lincoln through Hormuz Strait

rt.com

Iranian patrol boats have shadowed the American aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln as it passed through the Strait of Hormuz on Tuesday.
Radar operators also revealed an Iranian drone and surveillance helicopter zooming in Iran's airspace near the strategic strait, which Tehran has threatened to close in response to tighter Western sanctions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Well well here's some more saber rattling I guess, atleast Iran ist taking all of this lying down! Wonder what's next though, with the two israeli embassies being attacked and now an "Iranian" blowing his own leg off in Thailand.. Makes me wonder if and when Israel or the U.S are going to make a significant self sacrifice to get this melting pot to finally tip over the edge.
It's really sad that the human population has to be subjected to such needless acts for the gain of a few.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 14/2/2012 by AlanQaida because: Fixed spelling

edit on 14/2/2012 by AlanQaida because: Fixed spelling again

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I'm sure that the scene is not unlike a freighter being tailed by rowboats, and with the arsenal on our warships, we could not only send their navy back to allah, but most of their coast as well. They're taunting a dragon.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
well i'm one of the 'allies' but c'mon do you blame them? I mean if a chinese or russian navy group ironically with nukes were 300 miles off your coast and threatening you, would you monitor them? you'd be as popular as a snake in a sleeping bag if ya didn't.

go on waiting for those who see it differently....

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I keep saying it, I just have a really bad feeling about this one. I hope Im wrong.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Kinda just seems a bit like push an shove with the bully in the sand pit. who knows maybe some day soon an Iranian speed boat may just get close enough to cause a shoot out.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I doubt Iran will be the one to strike first, Israel will be the first to take action. Iran is just making it's presence known in the strait.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatest
I doubt Iran will be the one to strike first, Israel will be the first to take action. Iran is just making it's presence known in the strait.

Indeed, I wouldn't suprised if te U.S navy fires first if they get to close or perceived to be too close, I'm not sure what distance restrictions the navy has though, and you are right about Israel they are chomping
At the bit to strike.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AlanQaida

Everyone likes to point out, that Iran is doing what is expected in this situation..... I wonder if the thousands of other trips through the straits were monitored as closely? Of course it is their right.... But have they done this in the past? Is Iran above any provoking? Is Iran now the pillar of righteousness in the world? OR is the distrust and hate of the US, starting to bleed through in hypocrisy?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScarletWitch
reply to post by AlanQaida

Everyone likes to point out, that Iran is doing what is expected in this situation..... I wonder if the thousands of other trips through the straits were monitored as closely? Of course it is their right.... But have they done this in the past? Is Iran above any provoking? Is Iran now the pillar of righteousness in the world? OR is the distrust and hate of the US, starting to bleed through in hypocrisy?

True, I trust no side, everything must be questioned, each side has there own agenda, and maybe Iran are monitoring so close as to bait the US? Who knows. Each side is belligerently crazy as the other in my opinion lol.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ScarletWitch

No, the Government of The United States bled dry of hypocrisy, now the country is drenched in it. Iran has done what any good military would do. Monitor and assess the situation without causing a large conflict. Iran has done way better than the countless military "peacekeeping" missions the United States has been on as of late.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Am I the only one thinking "Gulf of Tonkin"? Seems to me like we've seen this movie before...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Nothing to see here. The carrier was LEAVING the gulf and EXITING through the strait......even the US officials said Iran didnt do anything that the US wouldnt do if a ship were traveling close to our shores.

There is nothing gulf of tonkin about this...not even close!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Meant more as in, this looks like laying the groundwork for a future Tonkin-esque incident. Apologies for not being clearer.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
US is short on pretext,the bombs going off in Dheli ,Bangkok are helping to build up a dossier of pretext-i-bility if Iran is accused of a 'spectacular'(many deaths in an Israeli embassy inspired by Hizzbolah) then i think you'll see go go go

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cuchullainuk777

The idea is to get Iran to strike first... that way its accepted by the leaders and nato that Iran is destroyed.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmceeTrick

The idea is to get Iran to strike first... that way its accepted by the leaders and nato that Iran is destroyed.
I know but the bar as been raised higher because of the delicate nature of what this could lead to,of all recent wars skirmishes whats happening here allied with Syria has a very real possibility of an enormous military confliguration. I said this on another post ages ago Iran are playin a decent chess game and not giving US enough pretext to justify a very very serious situation.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

True i feel you.. Truth is none of us know right now. For all we know eveyrone will be againts Iran.. Or USA lol Israel is so small They wouldnt last much

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

In fact ive never been a fan of all the guff surrounding '2012' but i tell you what the timing is impeccable ,either the world powers are in collusion to get this self fullfiling prophecy off the ground or there is actually something in it.
worrying times indeed

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmceeTrick

True i feel you.. Truth is none of us know right now. For all we know eveyrone will be againts Iran.. Or USA lol Israel is so small They wouldnt last much
Such is the weirdness of world politics,i was havin a talk with me mate yesterday about how the public perception has actually gone up in the likeability ratings lol Obama has increased the US credentials especially in Arab eys (well most Arabs lol).EVEN AND THIS IS MAD BIZZARRE I READ IN PRESS TV AL QUIADA ARE ON WARNING TO BACK THE WEST OVER THE SYRIA CONFLICT ..............................nothin stranger than folk lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join