It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Starves - Obama Proposes $800m To Aid 'Arab Spring'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Like in Australia ,American infrastructure is crumbling and people living under the poverty line is growing rapidly how can these people spend our money like this

Reuters) - The White House announced plans on Monday to help "Arab Spring" countries swept by revolutions with more than $800 million in economic aid, while maintaining U.S. military aid to Egypt.

This is crazy its borrowed money to begin with and they are just handing it out and dropping the tab on the tax payer
www.reuters.com...
Why havnt we reached the tipping point yet?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Yay. Lets give more to war lords and bureaucrats.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilder
Why havnt we reached the tipping point yet?

We have reached it, but the "fat cats" refuse to acknowledge it.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Or the fat cats just don't care. They can go live on an island with their riches while the USA implodes.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Its not their money, It would be like me giving a stranger my credit card, he would go nuts with it.
And when its end of the month, the Credit company comes after me. In this case, the Credit company comes after the citizens, in the way of Taxes, Social Security, loss of Purchasing Power.

You think the guys in the Gov, who get full pensions after 2 terms will be affected?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Idont believe we have reached the tipping point yet as i see no politicians hanging from streetlamps across the western world but than again the way things are going it shouldnt be long

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by Bilder

Its not their money, It would be like me giving a stranger my credit card, he would go nuts with it.

You think the guys in the Gov, who get full pensions after 2 terms will be affected?

Perhaps its high time they were affected,nothing else seems to be getting their attention

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
If I'm off topic here, ignore it, but I'm curious. Does Obama's move here translate into fewer votes for him in November? Or will people forget it? Or will they say it doesn't matter?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The homeless will not even be able to vote in the election very likely....
But id say they could have used the 800 mil.....
Truth is folks, this aid money will end up being bribes for politicians over there, and the bulk of it will alwaysbe syphoned back to the banks in loan payments and interest.....
The aid will not reach below the upper crust of the people.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Dear Stirling,

It's hard to disagree with you (so I won't). Too many times we've seen aid packages stolen or rerouted away from their intended recipients.

The idea worked well in Japan and Europe after World War II, and in Korea, but how many billions have the world pumped into Africa only to get people like Gaddahfi and his gold (or was it rare marble?) bathtub.

The money Obama is talking about will go to some Egyptian government agency, just like it's supposed to, then a different agency (say the Department of Gilt Bathtubs) will say they have a more pressing need for it. Poof! The money will be gone.

Sometimes even celebrating St. Valentine's Day doesn't completely get rid of the discouragement.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Obama takes our tax money and gives it to 'the arab spring' ... which is really a power takeover in which the (pretending not to be) radical Muslim Brotherhood is gaining power. For some reason, Obama reaaaaaaaaaaally likes those thugs. He likes THEM better than he likes the people here in America who actually earn a living and are paying the tax money. Gee ... wonder why? hmmm ......

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Yeah it's totally ass backwards.

It makes much more sense to give monies to aid foreign problems and help them rebuild rather than fix THE THOUSANDS OF AILING BRIDGES AND ROADS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The more I read these things the more I understand why so many love Ron Paul.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
An 800m regime change package so they can buy more American weapons, anyone can see through this.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
US Starves - Obama Proposes $800m To Aid 'Arab Spring'

800 Million to build ground floor, strong relationships with the middle east oil vendors and move the middle east towards democracy...

As opposed to 3 Trillion+ to invade and occupy.

Pop quiz...which is cheaper? Assuming we still plan on using oil.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
He wants to raise taxes on Americans and pay the Islamic Brotherhood money so they can continue to burn down christian churches in Egypt and elsewhere.

Have I got this right?

Lovely.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

You raise an interesting point.

800 Million to build ground floor, strong relationships with the middle east oil vendors and move the middle east towards democracy...
Do you think that the Muslim Brotherhood will start loving the US if we give them money? Will money buy us strong relationships with Mid-East countries, countries with people and leaders who see us as the Great Satan? Or will the see it as a puny and insulting bribe?

Would you care to expand on your idea?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
He wants to raise taxes on Americans and pay the Islamic Brotherhood money so they can continue to burn down christian churches in Egypt and elsewhere.

Have I got this right?

Lovely.

No. He wants to extend tax breaks for 99 percent of Americans, not raise taxes. What he also would like to do is not raise taxes for top earners. He wants them to pay the same percentage that I, and almost all Americans do. Paying what you're supposed to is not a raise. It's justice served.

As it stands now, most Americans pay 35% federal, so that the wealthy can create jobs.......................................................IN CHINA.

edit on 14-2-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Help me out, I'm a little slow on this idea of yours (or rather Obama's)

Do I understand that we're talking only about the Federal Income tax, that he wants to lower the rate most Americans pay, and that the rate should be the same for rich and poor alike?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

Originally posted by beezzer

Have I got this right?

Lovely.

No. He wants to extend tax breaks for 99 percent of Americans, not raise taxes. What he also would like to do is not raise taxes for top earners. He wants them to pay the same percentage that I, and almost all Americans do. Paying what you're supposed to is not a raise. It's justice served.

As it stands now, most Americans pay 35% federal, so that the wealthy can create jobs.......................................................IN CHINA.

edit on 14-2-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

He also wants to end Bush's tax cuts.

If he's elected again, all our taxes go up.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by Indigo5

You raise an interesting point.

Do you think that the Muslim Brotherhood will start loving the US if we give them money?

My thoughts??...You conflate The Muslim Brotherhood with Salafists and other extremists. The Muslim Brotherhod is gaining some power, but they are also proponents of democracy, freedom of the press, freedom of assembly and put more women into legislature to represent them than most western countries.

The Middle east is moving toward Democracy, and while giving them money will not ensure beyond any doubt that those that are fighting to toss off the oppressive regimes will like the USA, it is certain that if we sit quitely by and not help whilst they fight and die for democracy...then they will see us corrupt liers. After all, we invaded the middle east with the claim that spreading freedom and democracy was one of our goals....Do we only preach democracy while shooting at people? Again 800 Million to support and help them build new democracies has the strong promise of engendering good will and good relationships with these new governments and is money well spent when compared to 3 Trillion plus to destroy these same countries and kill it's people.

And the idea that all Muslims hate America is just plain simple minded BS.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join