It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Starves - Obama Proposes $800m To Aid 'Arab Spring'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

You are completely and utterly mistaken about Islamic governance in these "democratic" and "revolutionary" nations. The "democracy" of the Islamic nations is not in any way the same as the democracy you live under and are familar with. Other than people picking names off a list and putting them into a container, it has no similarity whatsoever.

Please cite a single arabic country that has finished with it's Arab Spring revolution where they must still go through a religious council for approval of laws.

If you are speaking of influence...grow up...our President just changed a law to appease the Catholic Church. He didn't do it because of faith, he did it because they are a voting block. Democracy in action.

Now tell me which country has emerged from the Arab Spring with a religious council in control..

edit on 15-2-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
All of them.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

All of them.

That answers my question....uneducated as to what you are speaking about and willing to pretend otherwise.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Actually, I've looked. Have you?

Feel free to throw it up. I've given you an example of how the interplay between the framework of political parties and the constitution work in Egypt to make sure that this is the case.

You have done nothing but hope that I'm wrong. Which totally makes sense - buying into the lies you want to believe is very very tempting. However, the actual model of governance that is being enacted in no way supports your views.

Not in Tunisia, Not in Egypt, Not in Libya, not in any of the other democratic Islamic nations. Not in ANY are you correct.

Most people at this point like to toss up Morocco as an example, and I'll bomb you right now on it. Morocco's "modernization" is not due to the council. It is due to the King overriding them.

edit on 2012/2/15 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

Actually, I've looked. Have you?

Yes.

Feel free to throw it up. I've given you an example of how the interplay between the framework of political parties and the constitution work in Egypt to make sure that this is the case.

The very fact that you repeatedly cling to the irrelevant example of Egypt shows the failure of your claim. Egypt is a country still in the throws of transition and a country where the US has made clear that they will not fund or support the sentiment expressed by the conservative wing there, a country whose populace is poised for a second rebellion unless the Government stays on course to genuine democracy...and a country who despite the rhetoric of the minority conservative wing there does not report to any religious council....Entirely irrelevant in every way to your claims.

Not in Tunisia, Not in Egypt, Not in Libya, not in any of the other democratic Islamic nations. Not in ANY are you correct.

What a strange bit of dishonesty...which one of those countries has a religious council that they must pass bills through like you claimed and continue to claim?

edit on 16-2-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Things are just ... fubr. Although this article is a bit older...January 17 I think it still compares with the OP regarding our government giving money to others when the US Citizens that elected them could use a little help here.

OUTRAGE: Feds Spend $1.6 Million to Restore “La Raza” Murals Celebrating “Aztlan” and Che Guevara

I have a particular interest in immigration issues and this group wants to take over areas of Texas, new Mexico, California, and Arizona...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Pixiefyre

The majority of the artists who touched up those murals did so Volountarily. The 1.6M number you cite was the federal grant to the State of California for Transportation improvements. That is not the amount, no where near it, that went to restore the murals. I understand the idealogical-rhetorical convenience of distortuing facts, but facts matter.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Well I will offer my apologies if I was incorrect on the amount.

On the other hand I do know that La Raza, and MEChA have been calling for the liberation and retaking of a mythical place called Aztlan the origin of the Aztec people.

I have a problem with the government doing anything that financially supports a group that intents to take over part of our country, especially when US Citizens can now be considered an enemy combatant just for voicing disapproval of our government.

There are plenty of people here that are not supporting the takeover of sections of the US, that would be better recipients.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

. I understand the idealogical-rhetorical convenience of distortuing facts, but facts matter.

Actually prior to posting anything I searched out every report on that issue, and they all confirmed one another so I didn't intentionally distort facts.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join