It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you love Iran?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by HattoriHanzou
reply to post by lordnightstalker

You know your whole post falls down when you consider that Iran has not attacked anybody. All nations have their elites, sure, but this does not mean that all nations should battle to the death, nor should all people in a nation choose to march into death's maw for the elites of their nation.

If you really believed this you would be insane and you could justify anything.
edit on 14-2-2012 by HattoriHanzou because: (no reason given)

Well is it insane? For most of this century "defending our way of life" was more than justifiable cause for war until this pc nonsense came along.

Our way of life? Does it exist if we were to take a back seat on the world stage to an Islamic super power? Does Iran not sponsor in effect and promote a "peoples war" of sorts where mosques are opened people are paid to relocate in cases ad to spread Islam?

That is a war, it's a cultural war, if they can move in and vote and it's sponsored and the intent is to change your culture, well yes it's a war. Not everything has to be bloodshed to be an attack

And trust me i'd prefer to do without the whole "war" thing, but this "respect for their culture" nonsense is just as bad, their culture basically says i'd be a 2nd rate citizen at best, my basic behaviors would be imprison-able etc, etc, a cuture has no right to take over

you know we come at it with guns them with an unyielding philosophy which if you don't follow or believe makes you a lower caste person, sorry but fighting isn't worse than being marginalized by belief for the whole of your life

edit on 14-2-2012 by lordnightstalker because: typos

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

It's strange that you claim that I hate America, when you show nothing but scorn for this country and our troops by advocating that they go die in a war that does not have any possible gain for us.

You're a blood traitor to this country, you have betrayed your oath to the Constitution, and you clearly haven't read any Jefferson or Paine.

Enjoy your thirty pieces of silver, traitor.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HattoriHanzou

What have you done to make a difference in America besides join ATS to advertise your distaste and contempt for veterans? Have you started the revolution? I just see someone on ATS in need of an attitude adjustment
If you concentrated that anger towards helping America instead of being lazy and sitting on your bum.. we might have made progress by now.

It's strange that you claim that I hate America, when you show nothing but scorn for this country and our troops by advocating that they go die in a war that does not have any possible gain for us.

So you're in it for a political gain? I was talking about the safety of the entire world by taking out Iran.. I'm not interested in any political gain.. I'm in it for the eradication of a psychopathic regime.. and you call me a mad man

You're a blood traitor to this country, you have betrayed your oath to the Constitution

You are making this easy, and pointing out your ignorance.. do you know the oath taken when joining the military? Oaths of Enlistment (after you are done educating yourself, point out how I've committed treason.)

I am convinced more so now that you aren't as educated as you let on.. I think you are way in over your head for this thread and should probably sit out a few plays. By the way if you looked down in my signature section, I'm using a Voltaire quote.. how would I NOT know about Paine let alone Jefferson. Please please PLEASE!.... Deny Ignorance.

0wn3d.

edit on 14-2-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Ahh indeed thank you for your honesty.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

What's clear is that you hide behind a shield of patriotism while actually advocating actions that have no benefit for America. You're the worst kind of traitor, the one who pretends his actions are done out of patriotism but who is really a fifth column operative who has set out to destroy what remains of the freedom and purpose of this nation.

It's pretty clear where your priorities lie, from your posts. I don't need to point out what an embarrassment you are to the enlightenment thinkers you claim to know about. If they knew what you would be up to they would have hunted down your ancestors and cast them adrift.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

You are clearly uneducated, and a disrespectful person that hates the land he lives on and everything around it. You can't even back up any of your accusations you've thrown at me, and resort to name calling.. calling me names is the same as grabbing at straws to try and prove me wrong. You're time in this thread has ended for I have exposed your true colors.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
What I find really funny is that ATS moved this thread to Off Topic, and another thread called Why do you love Israel questioning our relationship with Israel, is moved and featured on this site. The hypocrisy of ATS is slowly becoming clear to me.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by aLLeKs

Originally posted by CantSay
OP has been brainwashed to believe that the US is genuine in their own propaganda of Iran. There are benefits to the US to incite war with Iran...there always is with anything the US does. Over the last 100 years, Iran has not been involved anywhere close to the wars the US has. In the Iraq-Iran war, Iran was invaded and defended itself. They are not protagonists of war compared the US, and they do not involve themselves in the affairs of others like the US. Their government is stupid, but so the government of the US. The US has over 8000 nuclear weapons, yet given the US track record of repeated wars and involvement in inciting wars, conflict and revolutions, why should they have nuclear weapons at all. No one should. Lead by example, not by hypocrisy!

I believe the whole world is screwed and everything we see and hear regarding rule and government in all countries is not the real story. He have to stop secrecy if we are all to evolve and better humanity.

I second that....

Btw. guess who brought the nuclear power to the Iran in the 1970s guess who wanted them to build power plants... right, the USA.

furthermore (just to give another example) it is said, that the Iran wants to wipe the Jews out of the world, this is simply untrue. They have the same rights in the Iran like the muslims. There are a few synagoges (is this the english word?) all over the country, they are allowed to celebrate their own jewish holidays, they are allowed to live to their own rules.
This is freedom... do not simply believe what the mass media wants you to believe.

And I have a question to the thread start: what is a flying stealth boat? I do not believes, that the Iran is able to build something like this

Why is it legal to kill Iranian scientists in a car bombing, while it is illegal to kill Israelian employees of the embassy in a car bombing?
I see there somekind of double standards.

Btw:

[align=center]Iran wants Israel wiped off the map.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo

You are clearly uneducated, and a disrespectful person that hates the land he lives on and everything around it. You can't even back up any of your accusations you've thrown at me, and resort to name calling.. calling me names is the same as grabbing at straws to try and prove me wrong. You're time in this thread has ended for I have exposed your true colors.

I'll back up stuff when you start backing yours up. All you've offered is typical Israel-first libel so far.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
You people do not understand how things work. All everyone ever says is let's go in with our military and do damage. That's all we ever do anyways is damage a country. War is intended to annihilate your enemy and destroy it completely, which we never do. Every country on earth now knows the American way of doing things and they are no longer afraid. So, let them have their nuclear technology, it's not like nuclear technology is a secret anyways. You can google how to create one now. Lastly, no one is going to detonate a nuclear device as they know they will be hit as well and be annihilated, even the United States knows this. These weapons are assured destruction for any country that has them, period. So, quit worrying over these devices as they will just sit there for eons and collect dust. Iran is just doing this to show their strength that they aren't afraid of the United States and quite frankly no country is afraid of the U.S. anymore. China is the new SuperPower in the world and will overtake America in the next 3 years economically, so the United States will be second now. So get a grip with reality, times have changed. War is stupid as it solves nothing and does nothing but create more problems. Since when has any modern war created peace?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

Because their leader is a crazy physiocitic dictator and that country be an unnecessary global threat with nuclear weapons. Threating to close the strait of hormez. Can you imagine if they had nukes.

You obvious have no idea what your talking about, perhaps you shuold brush up on your current affairs

Bomb them back to the stone age! Can't wait to turn on CNN and see that we have finalllly taken action.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

I think you are living in a dream world. The entire world would not let Iran shutdown the straight, that's all rhetoric talk to get you riled up. Iran knows this and this is exactly why China and Russia stepped in to tell the Untied States to quite picking on countries. It is you that doesn't understand things. This is just like when Sadaam said there were no weapons of mass destruction and guess what there weren't any, he didn't lie. Now, I am not sticking up for that man, but he didn't lie, America did to the world. It is America that the world is disgusted with now and you need to understand that.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TWISTEDWORDS

Cool bring it. We do more good for the world than any other country. Yea collateral damage happens in war, but regardless I'd argue that we clearly make a positive difference. Yes, sometimes things are excessive... but its not a perfect system.

But I think we could single handedly take on most countries in the world even at once... I think a lot of people discredit how much firepower and technology the military industrial complex as its hands. Nothing is even close in comparison....

But the threat I see from Iran is far different than Iraq. How can these two even be compare, who was in office then and who now?

I see it clearly, they threaten the worlds economic health and make threats against our safety. Diplomacy should always be a first, but at some point you gotta pull the trigger. Another country such as Iran with a nuclear weapon, is a SEVERE deterant to global peace.

edit on 15-2-2012 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx
reply to post by Sphota

...that country be an unnecessary global threat with nuclear weapons. Threating to close the strait of hormez. Can you imagine if they had nukes.

Yes, well, at some point, doesn't the US slightly become an "unnecessary global threat with nuclear weapons"? I mean, we've got thousands, supposedly they're trying to get one. Exactly how many do you really need, I suppose, would be the follow up question...you can only commit suicide once...why bother buying an armory to do it, you know?

You obvious have no idea what your talking about, perhaps you shuold brush up on your current affairs.

Clearly...I mean, I guess I need to watch more mainstream media so I can get my daily dose of "current affairs"...just main-line it right in...I mean, as Bush and Goebbels said, I have to hear it repeatedly to make sure the message really sinks in...get that propaganda-catapolting, right?

Bomb them back to the stone age! Can't wait to turn on CNN and see that we have finalllly taken action.

So, I get what you're going for and I get that you think I'm ignorant of the realities of the world, but yet I'm still not clear on what the reason would be for another war...I mean...again, not to bash Bush, but he was so full of good, quotable statements...

Fool me once (Afghanistan)...Shame....Shame on...you...Fool me twice (Iraq)....You...You can't get fooled again (Iran)...

Well he had it wrong, apparently you can get fooled again (that's a collective "you" and a second person "you" at the same time, btw).

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by theBigToe

Yeah...it's not imperialism when they're allies...

So, when we install/prop up/support (financially and otherwise) the "leader" of say, Afghanistan or Georgia or Bahrain or Pakistan, it's like...just a coincidence that it's cool with the locals for us to have military bases.

It's not cool with the locals...look at, for example, Afghanistan, Georgia, Bahrain and Pakistan and look into how the locals have been taking it lately...so, yeah, I'd have to go ahead and say you are the naive one to say that these countries are basically saying "Pshah, come right on in and make use of our land, the people won't mind when you dispossess them of their property for air bases or bomb their homes..."

So...I think you need to review your semantic awareness of words like "ally" and "imperialism"...and while you are at it "suzerainty" and "puppet dictator" and "coup". And, if you really feel like brushing up on your vocab, perhaps "human rights" and "unsustainable".

Might I also add that Obama isn't "reducing" the military budget...he's reducing the typical yearly increase in the budget...there is a distinction...numerically and otherwise. Not necessarily relevant, but that just came to mind and it pisses me off that people think it's other than that. Not because I support Obama, but because it feeds into a false left vs. right narrative that, if anything, is just distracting. They're still getting more money.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Sphota because: ...left out Pakistan!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
Here is what I'm seeing from this thread:

One person says how can you justify your defense of Iran's actions based on this evidence. This person continually supports their statements with evidence that it is happening.

Then another person responds saying, you cannot trust the news. The news is wrong. I chose to believe the opposite of whatever the news is saying, therefore Iran is okay. Look it up.

The odd part about the about the other person's response is that, unlike the first person, they refuse to provide evidence. Instead, they want the first person to look it up themselves. Where as the first person clearly has looked up and has littered this thread with evidence of these crimes against humanity.

This was just my observation.

Yes, yes. The news is safe and warm and never lies to us. Why, they just tell us things out of the kindness of their heart and the money from their pocket. Awfully expensive to be that kind! That's alright though, Uncle Lockheed and Aunt KBR and even old Grandpa Boeing are unconditionally financially supportive of the news media's benign mission for truth and fairness. Why, they'll go out of their way to give the news media all the funds they need to make sure we get all the information we need to make informed decisions and feel warm and safe in our homes. All they want in return is a chance to show us how they can do that with unlimited advertising. Never you mind that - aside from Coke and Taco Bell and Flomax and all the other 'tangible' items advertised - you and I would never actually be direct customers of Uncle, Auntie and Gramps, why...they still want to put up all that money to let us know they're there.

So, aside from my overly tongue-in-cheek sarcasm, you're looking for some evidence...how would you feel about years of strategic hospital, airbase and other infrastructure projects in neighboring countries?

...like Georgia: here or the first story here

That'd be a good start. You know, I'm beginning to wonder, aside from the pipeline from the Caspian and the friendly oil exec gone puppet president in Afghanistan, if this whole long exercise in moral compass breaking hasn't actually been a staging event on a whole nother level than Georgia. Same kinda goes for Iraq...sure, oil wells and pipelines and bad, evil boogiemen...and SUPERSIZED EMBASSIES (should have mentioned that in the response to the guy who says we aren't imperial...yeah, an embassy that is larger than the local government building...we're just there as "allies" and "friends").
edit on 15-2-2012 by Sphota because: too many https

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I know that answering the question "Why do I love Iran?" is probably off-topic at this point, but the thought hit me that I love it for its past. The architecture and art, the stories, the romance and mystery. It's a little like Egypt in that way.

Iran makes me sad because of what's happened to it in the last hundred years. It seems to have lost its sense of beauty and is focusing on men and power and control.

Anyway, back to the thread.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

That doesnt warrant the right for more countries to have nukes. ESPECIALLY, Iran!

Ha just because I watch CNN from time to time, DOES NOT mean that's where I get my real news from. If I cared more maybe I would spend some time formulating a response, but really I could give a hoot.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx
reply to post by Sphota

That doesnt warrant the right for more countries to have nukes. ESPECIALLY, Iran!

Ha just because I watch CNN from time to time, DOES NOT mean that's where I get my real news from. If I cared more maybe I would spend some time formulating a response, but really I could give a hoot.

I'm not sure, exactly, how you garnered from my response that our nation (I assume "ours"?) having THOUSANDS OF NUKES was some sort of excuse for other nations to have them as well.

But honestly, not giving a hoot probably means you either are too lazy to want to understand what I wrote, or you read it and have no real rebuttal. Where do you get your news from then? I'm curious. I'm not going to sit here and dole out stars for correct media outlets and shame-on-yous for the wrong ones...that's all subjective anyway.

My point is this. You're not in Iran, you don't go to Iran, you don't know exactly what is going on and some people, whether via the TV or some online organization are going to come to you and tell you exactly what is what with this situation.

At the end of the day, does that scenario make any sense?

Does it make any sense whatsoever that you would casually want to inflict death and destruction on millions of people in their country and jeopardize the lives of hundreds of thousands - if not millions - of Americans for a situation that, at best, stands to make a handful of millionaire bankers, lobbyists, politicians, general contractors and oil executives much wealthier than they already are?

Really, does it make any sense? I mean, sure, I don't know much more factual information than you about the situation and I hear a lot of propaganda - both politically driven and economically driven - and at the end of the day I'm not in Iran, nor have I been there. But I also haven't been to Denmark or Indonesia or Chile and I'm sure any one of those nations could have some program dealing with nuclear power and/or nuclear weapons that maybe, just maybe, might be in the works to threaten our lives here in the good ol' US of A. However, that sort of ridiculous prognostication - or "hunch" - does not warrant me to want to kill a large portion of the population of Denmark, Indonesia or Chile.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join