It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

russian mail order brides

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I was browsing, and came across a pop up that lead me to a website where you can find a russian wife and they are beautiful but then got to thinking how many people know of this i must have been bumb struck when i saw this. So I wonder what do you think of this, i don't think it is a bad thing you know a girl trying to find love. but hay that is only my thought what is yours

there are manys sites (did not know) but the one i was looking at was www.uadreams.com,

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
My buddy married a russian mail order bride three years ago, at some point it kind of went out of control once she was legally able to travel into europe. He divorced her and is now in another relationship with another woman and yes, some are truly beautiful, but i guess thats the russian d.n.a. for ya.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I honestly don't know everything about mail order brides; But it just seems to me that it is just a form of human trafficking. Maybe I am wrong. Wish someone would share their first hand experience.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Really sounds like you might benefit from a quality pop-up blocker my friend, before you end up betting a beautiful Russian girl half of your worldly possessions that she will love you forever...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
You know its kinda funny u mention this lol I had to do a remote in a little town outside of Kazakhstan Russia and wow its a little crazy there to say the least. I noticed one of the hotels in town ( pretty much only a few hotels literally) and the absolute nicest one by the looks of it was for men who traveled to marry a Russian bride. No one but the men who were paying was allowed to even enter the place but anyway I learned from the locals that most the women were highly intelligent very elegant women the only bad thing is they r generally degreed lawyers, psychiatrist or something of that magnitude and that after marriage to mostly older wealthy men that once stateside after gaining citizenship that it was divorce and off with most the money and property and that most the time they always made sure to have a child and that set the stage. Now I don't know how much truth there is to all of it I honestly didn't believe it but all the same I had heard of cases of it happening in real life so moral of the story I steered far away and never took the chance but good Lord some of those women were tempting but so was the forbidden fruit
well thanks for the chance to have a good laugh and share.
Have a great day everyone.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Long story short.

I worked in a bar and had a guy convinced for my entire shift I was a Russian mail order bride. I wasn't obviously
I just had a wig on and used an accent and played the part. It was funny and fun. In the end we both laughed because when I left I did tell him I wasn't a Russian mail order bride and that I was American. He was shocked but said I had him convinced. It was funny....but yea mail order brides are all over.

Some stories are good and some are sad. I've seen many that didn't go well

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
A few years ago, I saw some interviews with a few Russian gals looking for American husbands. They all said the same thing. Some of the American males they met had an unrealistic image in their minds of what a "mail order bride" was all about, and didn't seem to realize these girls were human too, and had the same needs and dreams any human has. The ones actually looking for love and marriage are no different from any girl you'd meet without the language and culture barrier.

Having said that, I know two different couples who met this way, and are happily married. In their cases, both the females are asian.

So I guess if you both have your head on straight, it can work. But if you're looking for a Barbie doll to play with, you're going to be sorely disappointed.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by conlget

Well I can see why you were "BUMB STRUCK"

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I've watched a few documentaries on mail order brides. Including Russian brides.

The average Russian woman has it pretty tough. The Men there tend to still be in the Macho faze.

If you can be very honest and realistic about it - - I'd say go for it. You might get lucky.

But "fairytales" are made - - they don't just happen.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Not a Russian Mail Order Bride Documentary, but an Asian one. Nevertheless, very interesting video.

ETA: I don't know how to post a video on here yet. Here is the link. Asian Mail Order Brides in America
edit on 11-2-2012 by UnaChispa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by conlget

Be very careful, friend. Some of these girls are really smart, and they will cheat you out of your money and leave you hanging. I speak from experience, lost $450.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by conlget

Well I personally know someone who has had a mail order bride in Hawaii, the thing is they are not close nor are they far apart from eachother. From what he told me is that the only reason he purchased a Mail Order Bride is so that he can claim BAH (Basic Allowence for Housing) while he is in the Army, and she can go do whatever the hell she does. I am pretty sure she is not one of those evil conniving Russian Mail Order Brides, She just want's to live in America where she can be free! But... I am pretty sure there are some that will marry some poor old man that just wants to finde true love over the Internet (LOL), have a kid with him, and leave him right when she gets a chance. The best thing I can tell you is make sure you talk to her allot before you marry her, so you can get to know her before you take the big step.

Sincerely: Your BFF Laboss

P.S. I am not sure how to add you as a friend? I looked allover your page but there is nothing. Just add me

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by conlget

Well I personally know someone who has had a mail order bride in Hawaii, the thing is they are not close nor are they far apart from eachother. From what he told me is that the only reason he purchased a Mail Order Bride is so that he can claim BAH (Basic Allowence for Housing) while he is in the Army, and she can go do whatever the hell she does. I am pretty sure she is not one of those evil conniving Russian Mail Order Brides, She just want's to live in America where she can be free! But... I am pretty sure there are some that will marry some poor old man that just wants to finde true love over the Internet (LOL), have a kid with him, and leave him right when she gets a chance. The best thing I can tell you is make sure you talk to her allot before you marry her, so you can get to know her before you take the big step.

Sincerely: Your BFF Laboss

P.S. I am not sure how to add you as a friend? I looked allover your page but there is nothing. Just add me

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
A relative of mine works with a guy went on a trophy boar hunting trip to Russia. He didn't come back with a trophy boar, but came back with a trophy wife.

He was 50something, office worker, kind of pudgy. She was 20something, blonde, beautiful. It didn't last needless to say. She took him most of his $ and went back to Russia. What digging he did afterward led to some Russian criminal elements.

top topics

join