It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to announce "very important" nuclear achievements

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Iran to fully launch Fordo nuclear enrichment facility "soon": local media -

TEHRAN, Feb. 12 (Xinhua) -- Informed sources in Iran's capital Tehran said that Fordo nuclear enrichment facility will become fully operational over the next few days, the local Mehr news agency reported Sunday.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Saturday that Iran will announce new "big" nuclear achievements in days.

"In the following days, the world will witness the inauguration of several big achievements in nuclear fields," he said addressing a large crowd of people gathered at Tehran's Azadi Square on the occasion of the 33rd anniversary of the Islamic revolution.

Early January, Iran's permanent representative to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Ali-Asghar Soltanieh said at the IAEA headquarters in Vienna that Iran had begun uranium enrichment at an underground bunker of the Fordo nuclear facility.

The Fordo nuclear plant has been built near the Iranian central Shi'ite holy city of Qom, which was used for producing up to 20 percent enriched uranium.

The start of the nuke work at the Fordo site has increased international fear as the West suspects that Iran's uranium enrichment may be meant for moving closer to the ability to make nuclear weapons. But Iran insists that its nuclear program is only for the purpose of peaceful use.

This might be the announcement..

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Yeah saw that.........could be it? It certainly is the most likely explanation. Although this has been in the news in one form or another for a little while now but it kinda keys in nicely with "a major announcement".

Mind you, with scientists being popped off left right and centre, this would definitely be seen as overcoming a major hurdle in the nuke world for Iran........i.e. Wow we have done it!!

Perhaps this is what the US and Israel were trying to stop in the first place?

Thanks for the post.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Iran chokes Internet at politically sensitive time (AFP)

TEHRAN — Access to the Internet’s most-used sites and tools is being choked in Iran at a politically charged period, blocking communication channels for local businesses, bank clients, scientists and foreign media.

www.khaleejtimes.com.../middleeast/2012/February/middleeast_February395.xml§ion=middleeast< br />
Somethings afoot!

edit on 13-2-2012 by CaptainBeno because: Pah! it won't display webpage now!!...sorry

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

their version of mid term elections are coming up..

There have been rumors of more protesting like before and the government apparently wants to nip that in the bud before hand.

again just rumors....

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

That's not a rumor, that's a fact.

The parliamentary elections coming up March 2nd are going to be uglier than any presidential election in the U.S.

What makes it more interesting is, unlike the 2009 presidential election in Iran, where it is was Khamenei and Ahmadinejad versus the people of Iran, now we have Khamenei versus Ahmadinejad.

It's pretty hard to find, but if you do some Google searching, you'll find some hidden reports that there was an assassination attempt on Khamenei back in April 2011 and there's plenty of information on the internet suggesting that Ahmadinejad is fearing for his life right now too.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

2 diplomatic vehicles of Israels exploded in different countries.. Suspicious packages found at 2 other israeli embassies.. Israel is pointing the finger towards Iran.. Maybe this is the announcement?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Dont get your hopes up, even if they were going to release the decades old free energy stuff, they would just get bombed to oblivion much the way cops kill people because they saw something shiny and claimed it was a gun

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
My prediction is that the announcement will be that Iran successfully an underground nuke test a couple of weeks ago....or at least, that will be their claim.

Iran Earthquake

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 1ibl2ibs

Nice one! Possibility?

although noticed this in link:

Bushehr, Iran’s first nuclear power plant, is expected to go online on March 20, 2012.

It's early!! yay!........oh, and above is a rather specific date hey? Do they know what time on the 20th as well?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
if you are planning a peaceful nuclear program........

you don't build your lab in a bunker

I say bomb it now

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Still nothing.......surely something?..........err........no.

The suspense is killing me.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno

Most likely its just more grandstanding and nothing more... What seems to be major for the Iranian government usually rates barely a yawn in other countries.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno

What suspense? I think the vast majority of people is more concerned with Whitney Houston's untimely death than with Iran's nuke development.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

what if one of Unknown origin went off, who to blame and then who to hold accountable, Russia, China, North Korea, Pakistan, India, or Israel? but not Iran for they do not will not have one yea right in never rains in LA now does it.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by coolieno99

Nah, not really..................actually losing the will to live. Yawn.

Are we nearly there yet???

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Another Aircraft Carrier has entered the Persian Gulf.

Irans "big announcement" apparently will be released Wednesday, according to the Iranian government as reported by MSM.

Iranian release states they will announce their newest nuclear project.
edit on 14-2-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Another Aircraft Carrier has entered the Persian Gulf.

Irans "big announcement" apparently will be released Wednesday, according to the Iranian government as reported by MSM.

Iranian release states they will announce their newest nuclear project.
edit on 14-2-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

I do believe that the last line in your signature is about to happen here very shortly sir.

Let us hope that many of us that feel this way are wrong, and this blows over.

I grew up during the 70's and early 80's, and Global Nuclear War seemed right around the cornor. My parents never seemed too worried then, but they remembered the Cuban Missile Crisis quite well.

I'm starting to understand how that felt.....

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Is it this?

Iran Loads Up First Home-Made Nuclear Rods

news.sky.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MrKipling

Yes that would be it.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but i saw this today.

edit to add, MrKipling beat me to it.....

Iran has made advances in its nuclear programme, building new uranium enrichment centrifuges and producing its own nuclear reactor fuel plates, state television says.

The claimed breakthrough, which was confirmed by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the Iranian president, on Wednesday, is likely to further unsettle the US and allies who believe Iran is attempting to acquire nuclear weapons.

Iran has developed "fourth generation centrifuges" made of carbon fibre that are "speedier, produce less waste and occupy less space" as they spin at supersonic speeds to purify uranium, according to Wednesday's announcement. Iran also created its own 20 per cent fuel plates for a research reactor in the capital, Tehran, whose stock of fuel, sourced from Argentina in the 1990s, is running low, the report said. State television also said that Iran had made progress in 20 per cent uranium enrichment at its Natanz facility, beyond enrichment activities already under way there.

www.aljazeera.com...
edit on 15-2-2012 by Denied because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join