It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to announce "very important" nuclear achievements

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I do not believe for a moment that Iran's nuclear ambitions are peaceful.. If all they wanted were nuclear energy then they could have it.. I believe in the past that other countries have offered to provide Iran nuclear fuel for their reactors.. but they won't have it, they want to enrich it on their own knowing full well what a political disaster that would be for them to persue.. they've lied about their program, they've kicked out inspectors and they continue to use dangerous rhetoric .. they keep provoking and prodding the matter.. that isn't the act of a country seeking peace.

I'm not saying the United States or Israel are doing a better job at seeking peace, I'm just saying Iran's claims do not match it's mouth or it's actions..I don't want ANY country to have nuclear capability but pandora's box is already open.. the last thing we need are more countries arming themselves with nukes.. especially a country like Iran

They want to be a nuclear power .. and I don't think they'd hesitate to use it ..
edit on 2/12/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Propaganda all the way. Chill about the nuclear thing, although it may be an activity Iran does, it is not at the scale it is presented. It's just an excuse. Do some reasearch about Iran's national bank and US's aim towards it. They are only trying to take over the whole money system..Iran's economy is due to rise in the next years, it has a great influence and of course is a threat to the world's elites. In the EU you can't ever change iranian money, they're sabotaged and the nuclear war is just a mask to cover atempts of establishing a new world order...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Irisss

So its propoganda with the nuke program, and then you delve into the central bank bs.

speaking of propoganda....

What part of Iran announcing a very important nuclear acheivement falls under their central bank and the us upset their economy was barely plugging along?

By all means please explain that one.

We didnt bring nuclear up, Ahmadenijad did, or did you not read the article?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Xcathdra

They support those groups for other reasons...........

Iran warns Hamas against any 'compromise' with Israel

Iran's supreme leader Ali Khamenei on Sunday warned the Palestinian Islamist movement Hamas against any "compromise" in its fight against Tehran's nemesis Israel, his official website reported.

"Always be wary of infiltration by the compromisers in a resistance organization, which will gradually weaken it," Khamenei told the visiting Hamas Gaza prime minister Ismail Haniya, according to the leader.ir website.

"We have no doubt about your resistance and that of many of your brothers, and the people only have this expectation of you," said Khamenei, reaffirming that Iran "will always be alongside the Palestinian resistance."

Khamenei's comments come as divisions within Hamas have emerged on a possible overhaul of the organisation's strategy.

Hamas leader Khaled Meshaal signed an agreement with Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas earlier this month placing Abbas at the head of an interim government charged with organising elections later this year.

The agreement struck by Meshaal's foreign-based leadership with Abbas's Fatah faction has run into serious opposition from Hamas members inside the Gaza Strip, which the movement has controlled since ousting the president's loyalists in 2007.

In November, Meshaal called for "peaceful popular resistance," which would respresent a shift in the movement away from armed struggle.

He also expressed support for the establishment of a Palestinian state on territories occupied in 1967 in the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem as its capital.

Click link for remainder of article

Yup.. Iran has nothing but peace in its heart for Israel....

/end sarcasm...
edit on 12-2-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
On a lighter note................still nothing..........tick tock, tick tock

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
On a lighter note................still nothing..........tick tock, tick tock

I think I read somewhere that President Ahmadinejad will be giving the announcement tomorrow (Monday)?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by theBigToe

Oh sorry mate, I'm here in Aus......a bit ahead!! It's almost mid monday here!

edit on 12-2-2012 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
reply to post by theBigToe

Oh sorry mate, I'm here in Aus......a bit ahead!! It's almost mid monday here!

Should be Monday in Iran now too. Still nothing though. Maybe hell make it after he has dinner?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
if they announce weapons grade uranium, hold on to your hats, we will have missiles in the air in a week

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Wahoo party time!!! Fireworks!!

Mmmm I think he is going to bluff, If he had something in the pipeline he would have opened his gob by now. Remember, a microwave is something to behold in Iran (The poorer masses).

Developing a nuke is one thing, getting it to fly/work is another. What I'm trying to say is that it's a big step from nothing to workable nuke and in the short period of time we have seen I can't see it I'm affraid. Anyway, don't we have the best photographic sattelites in/around the world?

Any nasty Iranian erections would stand out like dogs doobies

It's probably something for the masses to make him more of a god than he already is with the people of Iran.......Free power etc.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
if they announce weapons grade uranium, hold on to your hats, we will have missiles in the air in a week

I was thinking about this as well.. The Pentagon submitted an emergency, fr lack of a better word, funding request for the air force for more of those bunker buster bombs (30k pound ones). Congress authorized 81 million in fund shftage to accommodate the request.

In todays news papers they did an interview with a Navy Admiral, who stated the military is prepared for whatever Iran might be brewing up. Taken separately non news items, but when put together a picture is starting to emerge.

Interestingly enough sometime back the agency that used to be in charge of the nuke program was shifted from a department that answer to Ahmadinejad over to the IRGC, answerable only to the Ayatollah.
edit on 12-2-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Alda1981

Originally posted by ANNED
I hope its a test of there nuclear weapon and it turns out to be a nuclear dud like north korea's first test.
then we can bomb the heck out of there nuclear program that they claimed was only for peaceful use and not nuclear weapons

said the american that has no nukes on his country... seriously who the hell you people think you are? self proclaim saviours? world would be a lot better without you. I dont say iran does good deeds, but at least they are who they are... you guyz feel like you save people when actually invade them. bug off... (cant use the other one.)

Well if youre going to be in ingrate, i want back those M1A1 Abrams you got for free that my tax money went to pay for.

I have no problems letting you save yourself, my government never asked us for a vote on wether to give you for free what costs us hundreds of millions to pay for.
edit on 11-2-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

those m1a1 never came here, second of all you failed to answer anything of what i said. Since when does a country with nuclears criticise another for having nukes?

Where is the logic behind that?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Alda1981

I would say its about the same as a drug user in rehab speaking to those who are still hooked on the drug, extolling the dangers.

Ironically Iran has chastised the US for being essentially a young country trying to tell and older country, who has far more experience, how to behave. Sadly the arrogance of the older country will be their undoing. For a country who is supposedly wiser than the US, they are sure bound and determined to ignore all practicality of whats being said to them.

People like to constantly point out the difference between the use of military force between Iran and the US. Yes the Us is more experienced in that regard, which is all the more reason for IRan to listen dont you think?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Well said.

He who has the biggest stick maketh thee shut his face.

Oh and it's 6:57 am in Iran, they should be just about finnished polishing that nice shiny warhead ready for the parade.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Alda1981

those m1a1 never came here, second of all you failed to answer anything of what i said. Since when does a country with nuclears criticise another for having nukes?

When the other one funds fanatics hellbent on destroying the world to bring their antichrist messiah into the world, thats when.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

warhead.. turd... to each their own I guess...

I take comfort when Putin talks about Nuclear weapons because as a responsible country with a nuclear arsenal they understand their existence - which is the same view the US had - MAD - Mutually assured destruction.

The US and Russia (Soviet Union) know a nuclear exchange benefits no one, and everyone loses. Russia and the US are concerned about human loss of life for the military as well as civilians.

The same cannot be said of Iran, who is guided by religion that has routinely accepted the death of innocent civilians to further their cause.

I would take comfort if Iran announced they were building 100 nukes. At least then the impression would be an actual deterrent. Sadly Iran doesn't want 100 nukes.. All they need is one to kick start their plans, and those plans don't factor in civilian deaths, just the number of infidels killed and the number of martyrs to go along with it.

Thats the nightmare scenario.... The one nuke, not the production line of nukes...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Heard a good analogy today.

Weapons are like toys for the countrys that are like boys

USA had the newest coolest bike in town...rode that bike in Japan.
USSR got one just like it.
Then everybody else seemed to get thier sweat bikes.

But poor johny dowt the street. He saw the USA and the USSR riding their bikes, and wished he had one too.

Years went by, and the big kids up the block moved on, and stopped riding their bikes...and poor johny, he kept thinking to himself If only I had that bike, them guys just sit around and never ride their's and there it sits....if I had a bike like that I'd ride it all the time.

So are the countrys that don't have nukes.....if only they had nukes...they would really explore their possibities
edit on 12-2-2012 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

The reason that bike was rode into Japan was because Japan decided to come into the front yard and do as much damage as they could while the person was looking the other way.

Had Japan or Germany made the bike first, it would have been rode into the front yard of many houses at the time.

Just because something was a good idea t one time, doesn't mean it still is today. At one point tight rolled jeans were a good idea... Not so much today...

Some fads just dont need to be brought back.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

What? Like florescent fingerless gloves and break dancing in the street?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Waiting waiting waiting.............11:47 am..........could it be at 12:00?

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join