It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollow Earth Theory New Evidence.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by cypruswolf
reply to post by tpaine1809

The earth isn't hollow, basic freshmen level geology proves this. We know the composition of magma bodies and elements within the geological structures and histories of geologic formations, We understand plate tectonics, fueled by the radioactive energy within the mantle. The Earths magnetic field is the result largely of the iron core. Gravity and Magnetism are still separate forces. Simply put the idea of a hollow earth is bad science.

Basic freshman geology presents more questions than it proves. Copernicus and Galileo were considered bad science in their time too.... and we know more about outer space than we can tell you about our own planet.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
"What do i think about it?"

Not much - Richard Shaver wrote story's about it in the 1940's, the Nazi's believed it & Admiral Byrd supposedly explored it.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.endtimeprophecy.net...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

Oh I made it.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Thank you for the open mind =)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tpaine1809

Thanks for the link.

Do you realise that the perpetual motion machine is a con?

www.leedskalnin.com...

The Perpetual Motion Holder is primarily a teaching device but it has many functions including an electromagnet, this is easy enough to see; it is a generator—spin a magnet between the coils it will generate electricity; it functions as a transformer; it demonstrates how permanent magnets are made, and is a holder of perpetual motion.

Emphasis on

spin a magnet between the coils it will generate electricity

This is bang on par with the currently accepted model of magnetism. Note that the energy produced is directly proportional to the torque used in spinning the magnet.

"A moving magnetic field will create an electric current"

I have looked through the first paper on 'Magnetic Current' and I haven't seen anything yet that isn't covered in the first year physics curriculum.

The fact that the perpetual motion link is even there suggests to me that this is just another "snake oil" site that makes its money selling to the uniformed/uneducated.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Check out the above links.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I like that post!!! I never even thought of the numerous rock formations on earth that mimic this. I can't knock the idea of a UFO either.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

Actually no my friend. The perpetual motion "HOLDER" is just what it claims to be it stores energy locked inside a U Shaped magnet with an iron cross bar. It has been proven to work and also defies modern physics. You can youtube examples of this also. I will cover this topic in my next video about artificial intelligence.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Also that individual Mr. Edward Leedskalnin constructed Coral Castle alone. So he knew more about magnetic theory than any of today's scientists.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

I believe it that man Admiral Byrd had no reason to lie.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpaine1809

Actually no my friend. The perpetual motion "HOLDER" is just what it claims to be it stores energy locked inside a U Shaped magnet with an iron cross bar. It has been proven to work and also defies modern physics. You can youtube examples of this also. I will cover this topic in my next video about artificial intelligence.

Actually, no.

and is a holder of perpetual motion.

All the said machine is doing, is storing the energy as magnetism instead of in a more conventional form. For example GPE or chemical storage.

There are no physics shamming miracles here.

In reality, storage in a magnetic medium is a wasteful process and it isn't hard to see why the faculty at Purdue University haven't ramped up efforts to understand something that is already well documented.

In the words of Albert Einstein "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Also that individual Mr. Edward Leedskalnin constructed Coral Castle alone. So he knew more about magnetic theory than any of today's scientists.

Do you know this for fact?

Actually, if you do research Leedskalnin, you will see that Coral Castle was built using simple machines.

"I understand the laws of weight and leverage and I know the secrets of the people who built the pyramids (being those at the site at Giza in Egypt)" Edward Leedskalnin

Quote taken from wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I'm sorry I can't help you if you actually believe that place was built using simple machines....and a 120 lbps man.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Its stored in the form of magnetic current. As in it has an electrical charge. It will not ever leave this defies modern physics. Also it's brilliant.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

On a side note ill be making a video about that tomorrow. I'll make sure to message it to you.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I'm sorry I can't help you if you actually believe that place was built using simple machines....and a 120 lbps man.

For the record, I studied Mechanical Engineering at Newcastle University in Australia.

I weigh about 80 kg and would have no problem at all using pulleys, levers and inclined planes to construct Coral Castle.

The knowledge for doing as such is well documented and has been around for thousands of years. (excluding the inclined plane of course)

I have always been amazed at people who quote the Coral Castle as a masonry marvel when masons have been doing this kind of work for thousands of years in the houses/buildings of the rich.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
It is so interesting, however it would mean that seismology, a science we know very well, and has proven to locate earthquakes by understanding the speed of sound in different density materials and propagation paths. does not work... but it does. So how does one explain away seismology, which would have to be done to adopt a hollow earth scenario?

Source: Seismology on Wikpedia:

Because seismic waves commonly propagate efficiently and interact with internal structure, they provide high-resolution noninvasive methods for studying Earth's interior. One of the earliest important discoveries (suggested by Richard Dixon Oldham in 1906 and definitively shown by Harold Jeffreys in 1926) was that the outer core of the Earth is liquid. Since S-waves do not pass through liquids, the liquid core causes a "shadow" on the side of the planet opposite of the earthquake where no direct S-waves are observed. In addition, P-waves travel much slower through the outer core than the mantle. Processing readings from many seismometers using seismic tomography , seismologists have mapped the mantle of the Earth to a resolution of several hundred kilometers. This has enabled scientists to identify convection cells and other large-scale features such as Ultra Low Velocity Zones near the core–mantle boundary.[3]

edit on 11-2-2012 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Its stored in the form of magnetic current. As in it has an electrical charge. It will not ever leave this defies modern physics. Also it's brilliant.

I don't agree.

It will not ever leave

It has to. The magnet will gradually lose its magnetic charge over time.

This could be easily proven by bringing a compass into close proximity with the magnet. If the field was contained and locked within, the compass would not attract/deflect.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I don't know what to tell you the experiment confirms it. It has been proven. Recreate it if you need even more solid proof its very easy. I don't think I ever questioned your education that doesn't matter to me.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Cool vid. Super! I like the hollow Earth idea though I have thought about it more as giant caverns with a solid core but I won't discount your ideas. Old science speculation presentations have shown rotating spheres or cylinders planted in space for colonization pods. Their rotation provided an artificial gravity, the larger the "pod" the less coreolis effect. There are a lot of avenues to explore with many possibilities.

I am not going to believe we have it all figured out yet. Modern sciences appear to have agendas and the brain factories don't always encourage new ideas. Some of those ideas seem to be welcomed, however, especially honored are those that lead to processes of thought that appear to work like forming fractals with elusively endless solutions. Other avenues of thought that appear to be zeroing-in something are immediately pooh-poohed and discouraged by throwing standard textbooks and illustrious scholars at them. Try having a discussion with modern Egyptologists then make the suggestion that the Great Pyramid just might not have been a king's burial tomb. See what happens.

S&F.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I don't know what to tell you the experiment confirms it. It has been proven. Recreate it if you need even more solid proof its very easy. I don't think I ever questioned your education that doesn't matter to me.

It has been proven that a perpetual motion machine works?

That would be an instant Nobel Prize for the builder.

Sorry but I don't believe it/you!

The reason I mentioned my degree was because you consistently claim that science has got it wrong.

I don't think that science has it wrong at all. Biased this may be but it is a biased born of countless hours reproducing experiments from scientific greats like Maxwell and Newton. It is a biased born from watching the beauty of nature in such things as entropy, fluid dynamics & Mathematical proofs.....

and....the most beautiful thing of all... the thing that separates science from voodoo, religion & any other faith based belief......When science is proven wrong, the WHOLE scientific community will turn on a dime and begin rewriting theories to include or dismiss whatever was proven to be or not be factual.

This is something that conspiracy theorists have yet to achieve.

Have you studied physics in a modern university?

It is one thing to study a subject and afterward, conclude that the subject is flawed - this of course, is the scientific method that is drilled in to engineers and scientists - but a complete other to fail to understand the fundamentals of a subject like physics and then conclude that it is flawed.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join