It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING rumour: Kim Jong-Un assassinated?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
the update is quite funny:

Update (1:08 p.m. EST): The rumor that Kim Jong-Un was killed (or died, or even that there was an attempt made on his life, or that anything else untoward happened to him) has been out for more than an hour now, and no legitimate news organizations have reported it. So for now it looks like pure fantasy. It's also firmly in Twitter-meme territory. Kim Jong-Un's name is fertile fodder, as @AngryMnkyFight demonstrates: "Kim Jong Un dead or Kim Jong Undead. Remember kids, spacing is the difference between assassinations and zombies." So's the leader's weight, as comedian Chris Jenkins shows us: "Due to mistranslation, there are rumors that Kim Jong Un was assassinated in China. What it actually said was that he assassinated a buffet."

source: The Atlantic Wire

link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

IF true it's possible the assassin was one of his bodyguards or a trusted member of his staff which would allow direct, unrestricted access to Jong Un. It's going to take a bit to sort this out.

link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

I can't see this being the work of the South. Kim Jong Un presented them the greatest possibility at reaching some lasting peace with the North. I'd say, if true, that this is most likely an inside job.

link   
Since Yahoo and Forbes reported the "rumour", I think it's time to the Chinese authorities say something...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
its being reported on reuters but seems to say the same as the other articles, nothing new.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
What time is it in North Korea and China?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
What time is it in North Korea and China?

It's 3:30am in North Korea & 2:30am in China

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Another link, but with this quote.

However, Xu mentioned later that the assassination rumor may have been "set up" as a distraction from the media buzz surrounding well-known Chinese police officer Wang Lijun, who is reportedly under investigation after initiating unauthorized contact with the U.S. embassy in Chengdu, according to the International Business Times. Xu wrote that "Wang Lijun" has become a trending topic on Weibo.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
So, I don't think any news will come out before it's 7:00 AM in Beijing...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

Probably not and I'll be at work until 9am Beijing time. No access to news, local or world until I get home.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Interesting and would not surprise me for the fact he likely has no clue how to run the country. Also doesn't help that he had made plans to assassinate his oldest brother, who was supposed to be next in line until he #ed up, but China stopped it from happening. Wouldn't surprise me if this is real that his oldest brother was behind it so he could somehow try to gain control of the country.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
A little update: english.donga.com...

''The South Korean military is closely watching movements of North Korean forces after detecting frequent shelling sounds across the Northern Limit Line, the imaginary inter-Korean sea border in the Yellow Sea.''

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
if this is true I am sure we will have to see which direction the regime changes to. Sometime a Known Evil is better than the Unknown element to follow, know what I mean, Vern?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Gawker is looking for help from its chinese readers:

If You Live In China, Help Gawker Figure Out If Kim Jong-Un Is Dead There

Today we reported that Chinese micro-blogs had exploded in rumors that North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un was assassinated this morning in Beijing. Now, we owe it to the internet to see if there's any truth to the rumors. We need you, Chinese Gawker readers!
[...]
Source

edit on Fri Feb 10 2012 by Rren because: busted link

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
More news (video) about brothers statements about his feelings towards Kim Jong-un

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Photos or it didn't happen!

IF this is true, life is going to get quite messy on the peninsula. I think the North wants to be reunited with the south but China wants a buffer and wont allow. That means they'll sweep in and occupy which, in turn, will lead to a very bloody war.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This might be a good opportunity for South Korea to move in and take over. Get rid of the north and just make it plain old Korea, no more north and south.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
So the story says he was murdered in China??

Even less likely.

The story is 99.9% sure to be bunk.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
probably bs but i found this.

[BeautyLulu1981] BeautyLulu1981 : Just now, the Hong Kong Jade news, said the situation in North Korea is out of control, the Chinese People's Liberation Army to enter Pyongyang in two hours, the primary goal is to prevent nuclear proliferation. Does North Korea really a big? ! ! !

www.weibo.com...

i cant find this news source hong kong jade news, doesnt bring any site up???

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Denied

I am thinking this could be a stunt so that 'Lil Kimmy Junior can pinch a fantastic Mark Twain quote:

"The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated"

But who knows for now...

edit on 10/2/2012 by Silcone Synapse because: font shennanigans

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join