It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING rumour: Kim Jong-Un assassinated?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by claireaudient
Just saw this thread, the "original" after I gave the other a S&F so S&F for you as well. My fiance's son is stationed in SK so he may be able to get confirmation - or a "that's b.s." - from his son.

That would be cool. Would he be able to hear this fast?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
So far this is news about a Twitter rumour.

I don't see news about anything that might actually look like a real assassination.

I don't know if it's true. But if it's true, you should not expect any information other than that coming from Weibo and Twitter. CNN doesn't have an office in Pyongyang.

edit on 10-2-2012 by GLontra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Soapusmaximus

If I remember right wasnt there some prophecy that talked about the assassination of 3 world leaders before wwiii kicks off?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by modeselektor

Just saw this thread, the "original" after I gave the other a S&F so S&F for you as well. My fiance's son is stationed in SK so he may be able to get confirmation - or a "that's b.s." - from his son.

That would be cool. Would he be able to hear this fast?

Given the time difference it would probably be a few hours at best but if he hears anything one way or the other I'll definitely post it here. As I stated in the other thread, I have to wonder if there was time & opportunity to name a successor "just in case".

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
If this information is confirmed true, I wonder what Benjamin Fulford would say...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
If this information is confirmed true, I wonder what Benjamin Fulford would say...

Probably that the aliens kidnapped him... Fulford... that guy is more nutty than a squirrel's dropping.

If this is for real, wouldn't surprise me if the other brother who was banned by his father from the country takes power.

link   
another link it says

However, the reports are beginning to gather steam, especially now that a couple of American news outlets have reported on the rumors.

www.thewrap.com...

link   
The only 'proof' being offered so far is this

blurry picture purporting to show an unusual number of vehicles parked at the North Korean embassy

Not a very good pic or a very good exhibit of 'proof'

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
What !!!!!! ????

Is it true ??
Its not on CNN yet .. but this thread was many time flaggued ..

That is a total surprise if it is true .. didnt know he would die so quick
who are mad enought to kill the leaders of a another country
that doesnt bow to them

It would be the 5-6 to die inside 10 yrs
people needs to realise there is a patern here .. no coincidential at all
there is a coming war .. they didnt want to take chance with him
because no one really know Kim Jung Un .. realised all the power he ... had
better to eliminate him now with a cover operation ..
edit on 2/10/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
another link

www.forbes.com...

In the past two hours, Twitter has exploded with unsubstantiated rumors that the new North Korean dictator died in Beijing today and that a coup is underway in North Korea. All rumor of course, but on the internet such rumors quickly take on a life of their own. As the story goes, a couple assassins barged into Kim’s room in Beijing and shot him, before being shot and killed themselves by bodyguards.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

No, he was in Beijing.

www.forbes.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by GLontra

Probably that the aliens kidnapped him... Fulford... that guy is more nutty than a squirrel's dropping.

If this is for real, wouldn't surprise me if the other brother who was banned by his father from the country takes power.

Classic

Anyway, it seems pretty sketchy at best. We'll see what comes of this.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

There's nothing on any other news site other than the speculative blurb on Yahoo.
I couldn't agree with you more. No one knows much (knew much?) about Kim Jong Un or what he is/was capable of and I'm sure he is/was still trying to become accustomed to his new position and power.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I agree. If proven to be true. This would be a calculated elimination of a "wild card" in a World War Situation.

When the opening bell rings for the impending global conflict. Could you imagine an unstable new ruler of a desperate nation controlling a nuclear weapon.

I would think that China or Russia might even be suspects. IMO I don't think they had the influence over Jong-Un like the did Jong-Il.

edit on 10-2-2012 by redzareptile because: I had a quick trigger finger!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Denied

Going through some of those links and the links contained there-in, another rumor is that Un is on the run following either a failed coup or rumours of one. Interested to see how this pans out.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I don't think it's impossible. And it's not unlikely.

If he was in Beijing, and was killed there, let's see what the Chinese media says... Confirming or denying...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Let us hope that this is just rumor and not the truth.

This is a dangerous situation, if he was assassinated, as it could lead to a renewed hostilities on the Korean peninsula.

North Korea is a rogue state, with many problems, and there really has never been a conclusion to the hostilities that divided the country, rather it has always been an uneasy peace. If the new leader of North Korea was assassinated, then there will be rampant blaming on who did such and ultimately, it may prove to be interesting as to who will take over and can control the country. In the meantime, based off of what has been shown by the reports coming out of North Korea, it could result in an escalation and tensions between the North and the South. This could result in a dissolving peace between both countries and a new shooting conflict result. If that happens many different countries could be drawn back into that conflict to fight for either side, where it comes down to a proxy war between the major powers, using Korea as a battle ground for that conflict.

We can all hope that this is just a mistake and ultimately that this is just a case of rumor going viral. If not it could start off a bigger conflict, in different regions of the world, striking all at the same time. The difference now is that a country with nuclear weapons is involved and the question would be, if the cold tensions grew hot, would they use a nuclear weapon to gain the upper hand and to shorten the conflict. Any conflict will change the dynamic of the region, destabilizing it and ultimately causing too many deaths of just plain political ideology.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Hey Vitch, just want to remind you of how glad I am that you're around. Can always count on you for an immediate point of interest!

And so here's mine:

So far, to me this is BS. Why?

Cause what are bodyguards for?

You don't just barge into his room, kill him, and THEN get shot by bodyguards... NO. You TRY to barge in, but the bodyguards shoot you before you ever had a chance.

So why didn't the killers shoot the bodyguards, if they had the advantage of surprise? Especially if they were in China?

:shk:

This is just not making any sense.

Also, there is nothing at NK's official site, but that may mean nothing.
Nothing here either, they are saying it is nothing but a crazy rumor:
nknews.org...
edit on Fri Feb 10th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Ben81

There's nothing on any other news site other than the speculative blurb on Yahoo.
I couldn't agree with you more. No one knows much (knew much?) about Kim Jong Un or what he is/was capable of and I'm sure he is/was still trying to become accustomed to his new position and power.

Based on what little I, or anyone knows of Kim Jong Un, he would rather be jet setting from uber club to uber club.

His westernization in his upbringing, leaves him not melded into the iron-fisted ruling style of his father. I think he would actually welcome to not be thrust into the position his father's death has forced him into.

The N. Korean military is well aware of his lack of experience and fanaticism to be the leader of N. Korea. jmoho

Des

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Un dead by eating hot dogs and having BB bounce off his head www.forbes.com... from the link

User Rocco_Castoro has a different source of information, tweeting “This just in: Kim Jong-un’s cause of death was being force-fed hotdogs and having a basketball bounced off his head repeatedly for 20 hours.”
could not pass the NK torture test, the next part would be eating 15 apple pies with 10 gal of vanilla ice cream.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join