It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING rumour: Kim Jong-Un assassinated?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Seems more like a tweet that got out of hand and was twisted to what this whole affair has come to now.

The claim that Kim, supreme leader of North Korea since the death of his father Kim Jong Il in December, had died apparently stemmed from a message sent out by a man who works near the country's embassy in Beijing. He posted on Sina Weibo: 'Downstairs from the office, the cars at the Korean embassy are increasing rapidly, now there are over 30 cars. It's the first time I've seen this situation, did something happen in Korea?' Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

This seemingly innocuous question, bolstered by other witnesses who saw an unusual number of cars at the embassy, was magnified by the power of internet gossip into a rumour that Kim had been assassinated by gunmen who burst in his bedroom and were subsequently killed by his bodyguards. Wilder commentators even spun the supposed assassination in to a broader claim that a coup was underway in North Korea which could depose the Kim dynasty, rulers of the country ever since it split with the south in 1948. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

And maybe the reason all the cars were there in the first place was because of this....

A less dramatic but equally bizarre explanation for the large number of cars at the North Korean embassy was suggested by Gawker and Chinese news agency Phoenix. They pointed out that this month would have been the 70th birthday of Kim Jong Il, and a large number of events including tours of China and North Korea are set to mark the anniversary. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

SOURCE

Unless something else comes out of NK, im gonna go with this story....
edit on 11-2-2012 by Denied because: opps forgot link

edit on 11-2-2012 by Denied because: (no reason given)

Edit to add, although everything that has been discussed on this thread, ie, older brothers jealousy and anger towards Kim Jong-Un, and the idea that high ranking military could feel Kim Jong-Un wont run the country with the same iron fist that his dad was able to do, could be a cause and reason for things to change in NK and are all real factors that could play out in the near future.
edit on 11-2-2012 by Denied because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
If this were true. China (being the host country that the victim was murdered in).. will get the blame for trying to destabalise NK.

This might very well have been done with that being the intention.

Now who would want China and NK to go their seperate ways...? lol

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Kim Jong Un Assassinated?

How does one become un-assassinated?

That's a heck of a play on words, especially since that last guy was Kim Jung ILL

Duh!
UN is his name.
Derp!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by modeselektor

If true this means an entire new ball game.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I'm headed to S. Korea for business on Monday, so if this story isn't resolved by then, I'll try to get the scoop from the locals.

I was in Seoul last December when Kim Jong Il died. Everyone kept saying not to worry while glancing nervously at the TV monitors all day. There seems to be a cultural predisposition to act as though everything is fine when really it isn't. Makes me wonder...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
If true, is this really a surprise? I'm not sure if many of you saw one of my threads on the death of Kim Jong-Il, if not its below. This presents a case where i believe Kim Jong-Il was murdered...

A Case Presented - Kim Jong Il Murdered

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Kim Jong-un just Tweeted: "OMG! lol Guys, I'm doing fine! Sipn' mamosa n getin' jigy wif it! Peace out! #rumors #KimJongUn"

Well there ya have it, Kim Jong-undead!

edit on 2/11/12 by AstroBuzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
So it was all just a great big case of...

*puts on shades*

Chinese whispers.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Don't think this is true at all, now even ABC news has chimed in

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
this has happened before, needless to say the man responsible for the last false alarm was immediately dunked into a tank with sharks that have lasers on their heads with all the other UN nuclear inspectors

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I thought Kim Jong-Un was a military genius with 200+ in IQ and is as skilled in combat as an entire regiment of elite SAS soldiers. How on earth could the great leader be assassinated by mere mortals??!!?

I will assume Chuck Norris has an alibi...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I just found this:

Kim Jong (the) Un Dead

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by moondoggy2
I just found this:

Kim Jong (the) Un Dead

Well this should be moved to the hoax-bin.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AstroBuzz

Ha, that's funny right there, mmmm hmmmm.

Maybe this guy is the anti Christ?

Remember, Nostrodamus said he will wear a blue turbin.
PLUS, Un and Anti basically mean the same thing.
Behold the Un Christ?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
In the world we live in where news is spread via twitter there is a whole new level of psy-ops that didn't exist in the cold-war era.

If you can get enough people to believe someone is dead and start an uproar it can be just as good as actually killing them.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
There's no point in assassinating the new ruler when looking from the military's point of view. Much more effective to keep him as a puppet, if he is weak and doesn't have support from the generals. A ruler of a military state cannot be strong without the support of the military.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It could possible be that now he is dead the embassy is trying to use that to gain more power. It seems like a very likely idea.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Your probably right....Still, I often look forward to news snippets with him in it, think of it like some of those funny adverts you see.

I really enjoy watching his inspections of dilapidated factories and frozen farming fields, generally pointing to things and his generals agreeing......yeah, like he really knows!

Do some exercise you fat f4ck.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join