BREAKING rumour: Kim Jong-Un assassinated?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
True or not, it angers me that MSM is quoting social media websites as the source.

Absolutely pathetic.

Can't turn on the TV without hearing facebook or twitter having some kind of role in a news report.

For instance: www.bbc.co.uk...
That story was on the front page of the BBC website an hour ago. It's ironic that it becomes a breaking headline in which the reporter writing the article even mentions:

Rumours of deaths of celebrities and world leaders commonly spread on social-media sites like Twitter.

Why report the story then???

What is journalism these days? I always thought the whole point of news was to report facts (or at least appear to be reporting facts). All kinds of rumours are hitting MSM articles lately.

Insert fiery dragon breath and steaming ears:
edit on 10/2/2012 by InsideYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I wouldn't be too surprised if Kim Jong-Un himself or a close adviser would post such a rumour just in order to test to see where loyalties lie when it comes to the higher-ups of that country and China. Do some spying to see who calls who and such when the leadership of the country is cast in doubt.

He also seems to be staying pretty low profile compared to the old man when it comes to international affairs, so that also brings into question who is running the show at the moment. Now is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Even though he inherited the position, he doesn't seem like the kind of leader that's going to do anything obviously stupid. (Military leadership hold-overs are another question though.) It seems like a cushy gig. However that doesn't seem too relevant, the problem is reading what the intentions are. What does he plan on doing with that country? And if changes (possibly positive) are desired, will the existing administration let him do anything to carry them out? Any real power with the position, or just a figurehead?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
If this were true it would have been confirmed by now.

It's seems pretty obvious to me by now that this was all a hoax.

I do find it strange that it hasn't been denied yet though.

Is it possible that Kim's death really happened? Of course it is. This is North Korea; anything is possible. Is it credible? As of this moment, no. I and some Atlantic and Atlantic Wire colleagues tried to find the slightest suggestion of truth, or even the possibility of truth, and found nothing. With evidence so thin and so many reasons to believe that the story is nonsense, why have American readers and writers taken it so seriously? What has led -- is still leading -- so many people to not just believe this rumor but pass it on?
Well, when in doubt, go to the source. In this case, the official news agency of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, the same agency that waited 51 hours to inform the world of Kim Jong-il's heart attack and death.

Here's the top news... in Korean.

Minister Lim hyeonjiryohae bukchanghwaryeokbaljeonryeonhapgieopso
(February 09, Pyongyang KCNA) on the 9th Prime Minister Lim important share of the country's electricity generation power station in charge of Greater bukchanghwaryeokbaljeonryeonhapgieopsoui ryohaehayeotda in local power generation status.

Prime Minister last wish of the great Kim Jong Il and the Workers' Party of Korea Central Committee Politburo Decision, the Central Committee, the Central Military Commission joint relief, joint editorial this year to fight the proposed power plant ever to carry through the task of putting together a technology management holding its hyoryul struggle mightily to raise as much as possible apart, looked back at various points in the enterprise.
Sector workers in the relationship between the local council was held.

Council the power production at a high level normalization halde the Great General's last wish to lodge gwancheol the vast differential birth acid stretch and Coal Quality Supervision and improve your business and facilities management, technology management from the technical regulations and standards, manning needs thoroughly to ensure that the importance of two was being emphasized.

In addition, the Cabinet, including the industrial sector coal ryeongwandanwideuleseo increasing social concern about the active transport help for putting together the organization and conduct intensive coal mined from coal and generator maintenance and transportation of materials required ryunjeongijaegadonge, reason, plan and develop measures to ensure hwahayeo be amicably was.

Read more: www.digitaljournal.com...

Read more: www.digitaljournal.com...

Official News Agency of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea
edit on 10-2-2012 by MathiasAndrew because: add link
edit on 10-2-2012 by MathiasAndrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew

I do find it strange that it hasn't been denied yet though.

It has: Kim Jong-un assassination rumours sparked by Beijing embassy birthday party

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

While it's clear that the media needs to find a way to actually vet these kinds of stories, social media networks are a great source for breaking news. For example look at the earthquake that hit the East Coast during the summer. You had people in DC posting about it online before it hit New York.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Kim Jong Un Assassinated?

How does one become un-assassinated?

That's a heck of a play on words, especially since that last guy was Kim Jung ILL

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by claireaudient
"Ninja assassins", seriously?
[...]
Link

My favorite line from that link:

“Wait for confirmation on Kim Jong-Un death rumors. Twitter is also reporting that ‘Jonas Brothers are the best band,’” wrote one Twitter user."

It's official, whether this guy in NK is dead or not, all legitimacy of Twitter having any bearing on reality is gone.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind
True or not, it angers me that MSM is quoting social media websites as the source.

Absolutely pathetic.

Can't turn on the TV without hearing facebook or twitter having some kind of role in a news report.

For instance: www.bbc.co.uk...
That story was on the front page of the BBC website an hour ago. It's ironic that it becomes a breaking headline in which the reporter writing the article even mentions:

Rumours of deaths of celebrities and world leaders commonly spread on social-media sites like Twitter.

Why report the story then???

What is journalism these days? I always thought the whole point of news was to report facts (or at least appear to be reporting facts). All kinds of rumours are hitting MSM articles lately.

Insert fiery dragon breath and steaming ears:
edit on 10/2/2012 by InsideYourMind because: (no reason given)

There's nine pages of forum conversation.. and you can't figure out why MSM reported it?

Yet... everyone was pointing out how MSM wouldn't report on the "Strange Noises"?

Make up your mind.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
From article linked in this thread:

"...But everybody with half a brain is treating the rumor with a good deal of suspicion"

I am confident we will see this is not true.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by badconduct

No i can't figure it out.

From the BBC article which was a "breaking news headline".

They had just aswell report on chain letters everyone recieves in emails and label them as "breakign news headlines", suggesting we are all going to die if we don't reply to the email within 24hours....

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Soapusmaximus

I can believe this, it would be easy done - and I am sure some of N. Korea's oldskool general's would like to take control.

You forgetting the brother that was passed over? I'd think it was him.

Let me get more info.

peace

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by modeselektor

It has its dangers to be born a king...That is probably why they enyoy themselves for as long it will last.

sec.line

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

It wasn't that long ago that I read about Associated Press setting up offices there with consent from North Korea. Wonder if that came to fruition yet?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Fat boy is still alive. You can't trust the twitter crap. It's just rumors started by bored assholes that have no job but start [snip] on the net.
edit on Sat Feb 11 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The Daily Snail are saying he is not dead - according to "American Officials"- Article.

I also found this statement interesting -

The escalating pace of rumours points to the speed at which false information can speed round the world via social networks and online news sources. It also highlights the increasing importance of Chinese micro-blogs, known as weibo, which are more lightly regulated than other Chinese media. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

We all know Chinese Internet is restricted - but the Daily Snail seems to think its a good idea.

I wonder if they are trying to sway reader's opinions ?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Your comment was hilarious and made another picture of Kim Jong un make a little more sense.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by superjesse13132000
Crazy if its true

Not surprising if true !

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
How do you un-assassinate someone? Oh wait I see, I put the hyphen in the wrong spot... [size=-3](nevermind)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
We will probably have to wait a week to find out, Korea/China is such an enclosed country. We can't even know when Kim Jung-un was born...
edit on 11-2-2012 by Patrik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Soapusmaximus

ww3 will break out in august september and it does not need korea to do it

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join