It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Chinese have seen the dragon in the sky !!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MrRottenTreats

Dude really, you are 8 years old or a 40 year old virgen...or joking...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Being a Graphic Artist as a hobby I have created many creatures and images that could pass for real. So I really don't trust still frame images any more. That said even video is becoming easy to fake.
I love Dragons and would like to see that this is real but I highly doubt it and without Video I am even more skeptical...

If anyone wants I can create a fake this evening to prove it. I don't like doing those however, because it just muddies the already confusiong world of the paranormal. Here are some examples of my work if you are interested.

fav.me...
fav.me...
fav.me...
fav.me...

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

how do you explain all yhe people standing around watching it?

........um....what picture are you talking about? I don't see a bunch of people staring at anything in that photo....just a street with some houses.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Here comes some more dragon stuff,,

(And now with jun-un assasination rumour)

4.7 Asia China Bayan Aman
and VERY shallow.
Mongols, take this stuff serious,
they might see it as china dragon bad omen,,
U know Mongols vs China stuff
10.02.2012 18:35:46
4.7 Asia China Bayan Aman

EMSC

Me.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
Pretty sure it's fake. Even without looking at it in Photoshop I can see some serious pixelation around the head.

Exactly, and the phone / power-line poles are fake as well because they show the same "pixelation."

I'm uncertain as to what that might be, but I doubt is was an organic creature since the thing defies all laws of physics, it simply could not fly given the size and shape.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TripleDoubleSingle

I wasn't sensible enough, I guess I misjudged how important this thread truly is. How dare I joke about such serious topic, low-res jpg photoshopped dragons soaring about the China skies is something that should be of utmost importance. I guess I've had my dragon fix for the day. Call me when the rest of the eggs hatch.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It could perhaps be rc-planes like in this video.

If people saw something like in the video above from far, without knowing what it is, they would probably believe it was aliens or something alike.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by LordDrakula

It looks like it has a "ball" on the end of its tail,unlike the salamander.

Really interesting.

That's a fin. I compared it to the dragon on the tsuba of a Japanese katana I have, and it's a near perfect match for morphology. Now my question is, what is a Japanese dragon doing flying the friendly skies of China? Chinese dragons tend to have rounder heads, rather than the oblong head on this picture - and my sword.

I blew it up and cranked up the contrast, and can't find any obvious seams from a composition. The pixellation in the dragon's head seems to follow the same pixellation in the surrounding clouds, but is more pronounced due to the contrast:

I initially thought it was a PS hoax, and am still not prepared to say "yup, it's a dragon!", But I AM prepared to say "Whut the hell IS that thang?"

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
how can you tell how far away the black splodges are from the camera? or even if they aren't on the lens? (if its not Photoshop)
edit on 10-2-2012 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
reply to post by darkblade71

Gimme some evidence, contrary to my opinion, that it's real

Sorry sunshine, must try harder.

ETA: The only thing that can be said about common sense is that it isn't very common, and if your implying that "common sense" suggests that Dragons are flying around in our skies then I'm seriously out of touch or you have a serious problem, I know which side of the coin I'm gambling on

edit on 9/2/12 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

My whole point is that common sense says WHOA! that shouldn't be happening! But yet, there it is....what it is, who knows? Unless dragons start appearing in the sky everywhere.

I have no idea if it is real or not, it probably isn't. However, in my own experience, when common sense says WHOA! That shouldn't be happening! You need to look at it and ask yourself, WHY?
I asked why, because I have dreamed about dragons my entire life. So when I see something like this, I take notice. I am not trying to prove or disprove, just looking at it and saying WHOA! That shouldn't be happening.

Personally, I suspect it was real, something was in the sky, it sure does look like a dragons head and tail, but why it would just sit there? If this is something that is seen again in China, then I will really begin to wonder.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
how can you tell how far away the black splodges are from the camera? or even if they aren't on the lens? (if its not Photoshop)
edit on 10-2-2012 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

They fade into the clouds, so they're not lens smudges or spots. It's either a real object of some sort, or a deliberate hoax.

It sort of reminds me of the way some funnel clouds start out, but has the wrong (horizontal) orientation.

You'd have to have 2 near identical images, take an the same time but slightly apart one from the other, in order to triangulate a distance to it.

Estimates can be made based on atmospheric blueing, but they are imprecise, and would be affected by the local weather and haze. The original photo, and information on the camera/CCD would also help for that, since some CCDs have different spectral responses than others.

edit on 2012/2/10 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

"Whut the hell IS that thang?"

It's a kite. A kite.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
My first reaction is to say it is a kite. But because of the lightweight materials used for kites, I wouldn't expect the object to look so dense. But unfortunately there is no way of really extrapolating more from this lower-res image.

Real or not, it sure if fun to allow the image to fire the imagination though.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Daenerys Targaryen raised that dragon. Now that it's grown up, it has flown the coop to go see the world.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

It would be interesting if video of this specific incident showed up to confirm that. I have a couple of reservations on it being a kite, but they aren't insurmountable. One is that it appears to be just before or just after a storm, which would likely shred a kite if someone was foolish enough to fly one in it. Another is that the kite in that video appears to be more vertically oriented, and this thing is horizontal, which is the same reservation I have on my initial impression of the beginning of a funnel cloud.

Of course, a storm being present might go a long way in explaining the orientation and the undulations that are in this thing, but absent from the kite video. do they have kites over there that are big enough to poke all the way through a cloud? How do they stand up to the humidity in a cloud?

edit on 2012/2/10 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3velutionR3quired
link fail

got it working for you sorry about that. anyway heres the proof.

cheezburger.com...

A "hoverdog" is proof of what?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
A few simple questions and a little common sense will give you all the answers you need on this image and it's authenticity.

Ok, this was China, and even the source of the image says lots of people were looking at this thing.

And we at least have an estimate of how high this Dragon is up in the air. Not aan actual measured distance obviously, but you can see well enough that this Dragon (assumin g it's really there) is cruising around very low in the cloud layer. You can at least tell it's high enough up so that people would be seeing this thing for a couple miles around at least if they were outside.

So being China, where everyone's got cell phones with cameras and video, and even though there's no concrete data, we can agree this thing would be high enough for quite a few people to see, IF this were real we can assume quite a few people will have taken images and likely video of this Dragon.

So that just leaves the question of WHEN this was taken. Was it yesterday? A few days ago? A couple weeks? WHEN did it happen. We know China has a HIGHLY restricted internet. Info takes a while to get out of there.....if it ever gets out. We have no idea what's being stopped in reality.

So if it's only been a couple/few days since this event took place, I would still give it some time to see if more images and maybe video of this "Dragon" event work their way out of China. But if it's been any more than say..........a month or so, or even a couple weeks, I would chalk this up as just a REALLY KOOL photoshop someone put together, that I WISH was available in higher resolution because I'd have it as my new wall paper for sure.

EDIT- OR......maybe it's the beginning of a viral ad campagn for something. Maybe a movie, or maybe they're adding new Dragon types in an as-yet unannounced expansion for SKYRIM.

Or maybe there's a new Monster Hunter coming out over in China and Japan. Monster Hunter isn't big in the west (though it's big with me) but over there, Monster Hunter is probably, now that Final Fantasy has flopped a couple times in a row, the biggest video game franchise there is. It's like a sub-culture out there.
edit on 10-2-2012 by Larry L because: to add

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Again guys, the witness is saying he saw a "picture" of a dragon in the sky...not an actual giant flying reptile, but a stationary image...like the mother mary in the clouds. I still stand by my first post that this was an illusion...and not the mirage type but the magic trick type. I've seen this done on smaller scales for stage, this is just on a larger scale. Anything could have been used to project it...plane, balloon, even from another rooftop.

And that's only if its not just a simple photo manipulation, seeing how something this major occured with so many "supposive" witnesses and only one witness has come forward.
edit on 10-2-2012 by mutatismutandis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Very interesting!

I believe dragons existed here on Earth in the past & probably still do inhabit parts of the world where we have not explored. Even the classic symbolism of the knight and dragon are relevant today - with free men battling great monsters.
2012 - the year of the dragon. Mayan calenders. Ancient civilizations knew a great deal more than we will ever discover.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

No, it's not.

The kite in your video has at no point a shape that even closely resembles the shape in the picture.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join