It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Chinese have seen the dragon in the sky !!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by storm2012
its just a kite lol

A kite that is flying behind the clouds?

guanicaPR-
definely fake. most likely a kite. I've seeing kites like that flying on parks, and they looks very real. there is NOT one fossol record of any Dragon found. Dragons are just a myth. In China they have mystical stories with dragons, just like in Creese have mystical stories like so called gods (Zeus and others)

Do you have any idea how far away that cloud is? Do you have any idea of how big the cloud is?

-----

If this is real, then turn to Mexico. Quetzalcoatl should be returning to the skies any time now...
edit on 9-2-2012 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2012 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

Please Google Chinese dragon kite. Some are 300 ft long they can fly high. Year of the Dragon good time to display dragon kits ya think? BTW do YOU know how high or big the clouds were that day?

Looks like average cloud formation, which is usually between 10,000 and 15,000 ft. If that was a kite then it would probably be kilometres long and would require impressive technology to maintain it, nevermind just getting it into the air.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
I don't know how good it is, as I said I just downloaded it to check this image. Seems to be pretty good though. However, just the excessive pixelation around the dragons head is enough to see this is a fake. If you enhance the image you can see how the pixelation around its head really stands out from the rest of the image, it's completely obvious that this image has been tampered.

So you're not sure how good it is, or not sure how reliable that program is. I think you missed the rest of what i wrote in my post, i was not finished writing while you answered my post in such a hurry. I think the rest i wrote is also worth to take in consideration. Well, let me point it aout again. www.abovetopsecret.com... Now, if you go back to Page 11, then you will see that i also wrote:

Guan Mulin reportedly has documented the event by a camera on his mobile. >>I drove home and suddenly I noticed that all the people on the street staring at the sky. I parked the car and checked what's going on. In the sky I saw a picture of two dragons, which flown among the clouds. It could also be one dragon and his tail that peeks out of the other cloudsAre you suggesting the lamppost is fake too?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
not everyone has mummy and daddy to buy them the latest mobile phones .. so why are u comparing people in china to what we have in the west .. .. could be a number of things fake no .. interpretation of what was seen yes!! . ...
edit on 10-2-2012 by Tvv1stedJustice because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
As someone mentioned with power-lines suggesting it's unlikely to be a kite, and that the image doesn't seem to be altered in respect to other artifacts in the image (lossy jpeg compression) the pixelation is consistent with what you would expect from this kind of photograph throughout the image.

The reason why the "black" on "white" stands out in regards to image pixelation, ie; the "head" of the object, is exactly that. Black on white. Where you have a rapid change in contrast on a highly compressed jpeg image... you will see more pixelation and artifacts surrounding areas where the contrast changes immediately. This is pretty common for your average mobile phone camera or any camera which uses jpeg compression.

Take this random photo for example:
4.bp.blogspot.com...

When zoomed in to the plane 400% and given a similar compression level to the one of the "dragon" artifacts are visible around the outline of the plane, is that suggesting the plane was not actually there in the photo and it is fake? Not at all. It may look like somebody has simply cut/pasted it, but this is what lossy compression does to an image.

In places where colours blend together, pixelation/artifacts on the image are less noticable. If the sky was very dark, there would be less pixelation/artifacts around the object in the photo.

I'm going to assume that the object was in the photo at the time it was taken, what it could be i'm not sure.

Just saying.

reply to post by dannotz

Maybe so, but to dismiss something immediately without thinking of the possibility is plain stupid. For instance dragons have been recorded throughout history in text and mural's, more traditionally from eastern-asia such as china. Just because we haven't documented evidence to support that these things may exist, observations fo them have allegedy happened throughout history in cultures that are worlds apart.

To me, the object/creature in the picture looks like a typical serpent you would see on ancient maps and the likes, except it is in the sky. What if these things live in the depths of the ocean, it wouldn't be the first time a fish-like creature is able to come out of the water.

There's always the possibility this is a physical entity. I'm not trying to believe (or convince others) this is real, meerly speculating about what it could be.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by gigaherc

Originally posted by Brad76
reply to post by gigaherc

Not everyone can be as super awesome as you I guess.

The picture actually reminded me of those hyper-speed flying rods that people catch on film:

In which part of my post have I written that I am super awesome? If some intellectual insight on the pitiful and sad level of the site nowadays, where well thought out really smart and well prepared posts are truly rare is in your opinion a form of bragging it says lot about your ability to comprehence a few lines of text. It's people like you spoiling the site with personal attacks and wasting the space. Keep up your good work though. And don't cry people take interests in fringe as being a wacko.
edit on 10-2-2012 by gigaherc because: (no reason given)

I believe in dragons too, I hope that doesn't upset you too much.

By the looks of things, you started the personal attacks when you said that guy didn't have a brain, and then you went on to insult pretty much everyone who posted in the thread. It was an interesting thread with good conversation until you came in and ruined everything with your - "BLAH BLAH BLAH NEW PEOPLE RUINING ATS STUPID ADULTS BELIEVE IN DRAGONS STUPID!"

I'm offering free hugs, would you like one? I know you do!

I think Dragons did exist at one time, but they were a type of reptilian/dinosaur that survived the mass extinction somehow. I would laugh so hard if a dino popped out of the ground and scared the pants off you.
edit on 10-2-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
I agree the light is shining through, the sun is behind yet no shadow cast onto/through the cloud. Fake.

That doesn't point out anything to suggest it is fake. As with my post above on this page, i used a plane as an example, and i'll use another one.

When a plane enters a fairly thick cloud during the day, it appears to dissapear for a moment, but no shadow is cast. It depends how thick the cloud is, if the cloud is thick enough almost all of the light passing through will be blocked, before it hits anything below in order to cast a shadow.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
RC dragons?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

I do not understand why you are so determined to prove this is a real picture, when there's a 99% chance it's fake. I have seen so many hoaxes on ATS involving images that look much better this, and 99% of them were debunked as well. Low quality jpeg images are especially suspicious. And in most cases we were dealing with UFO's, which is not quite as silly as dragons in my opinion. The ultimate conclusion of this thread will be that this image is fake, I am willing on bet on that.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass

Originally posted by gigaherc

Originally posted by Brad76
reply to post by gigaherc

Not everyone can be as super awesome as you I guess.

The picture actually reminded me of those hyper-speed flying rods that people catch on film:

In which part of my post have I written that I am super awesome? If some intellectual insight on the pitiful and sad level of the site nowadays, where well thought out really smart and well prepared posts are truly rare is in your opinion a form of bragging it says lot about your ability to comprehence a few lines of text. It's people like you spoiling the site with personal attacks and wasting the space. Keep up your good work though. And don't cry people take interests in fringe as being a wacko.

I believe in dragons too, I hope that doesn't upset you too much.

By the looks of things, you started the personal attacks when you said that guy didn't have a brain, and then you went on to insult pretty much everyone who posted in the thread. It was an interesting thread with good conversation until you came in and ruined everything with your - "BLAH BLAH BLAH NEW PEOPLE RUINING ATS STUPID ADULTS BELIEVE IN DRAGONS STUPID!"

I'm offering free hugs, would you like one? I know you do!

I think Dragons did exist at one time, but they were a type of reptilian/dinosaur that survived the mass extinction somehow. I would laugh so hard if a dino popped out of the ground and scared the pants off you.
edit on 10-2-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

You seem to be bothered by the words of reason.

Once again. Believing in dragons, once walking the earth has nothing to do with the OP. The "picture' wasn't "taken" in 2nd or 5th century BC.

It is the fact people can even discuss wheather the "photo" is original or fake. This is what is beyond my understanding of themes such as "adulthood", "reasoning" and "ignorance". It's the comet Elenin is an alien ship bringing doom to us all type of thread and thus should find its place in www.abovetopsecret.com... or simply realm of fantasy.

And no. I do not need hugs. I get them from my fiance. Do not try to patronize, when you can't do this effectively.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind
There's always the possibility this is a physical entity. I'm not trying to believe (or convince others) this is real, meerly speculating about what it could be.

Unless it's a Dragon that "accidentally" came from another dimension into this reality, then maybe it's possible that a company is testing a new "Toy" for the next chinese festivals.
www.abovetopsecret.com... During a Royal gala, this footage show something that seems be a "Demon" eating something, near the ceiling. And this picture shows a "Demon dog" just behind the dude's left shoulder.
www.abovetopsecret.com... Then there are cases of "Mysterious black cats", the size of Black Panter, reportedly sighted in UK, United States, Australia and other parts of the world were that kind of "creatures" are not supposed live.
Then there are reported sightings of "The Lindorm" in the old days, "The Lindorm" is the swedish word for Dragon.
Then there is reported encounters with some mysterious Raptor-like dinosaur creatures somewhere in Australia, and then apparently vanished, like if they disappeared in the "Thin Air".
It makes me wonder. Could these mysterious creatures be from another dimension, or are they Ghosts?

Anyway i think we have the following options:

1) The picture is fake, but then it's a very good fake, and in case if it turns out to be fake, then Guan is very stupid to risk his own reputation and health, risking to be spit on, beaten by mad people, or

2) Some company is testing a new "Toy", maybe for the next chinese festivals, or

3) The Dragon really exist, or

4) It's a ghost of an ancient Dragon creature, or

5) It's a "Dragon creature" from another dimension accidentally came into this reality for a moment

I think there is better chance for number 2) than the rest, but who knows, i could be wrong. But, i very doubt number 1) I very doubt that Guan would risk his own reputation, risk being spit on, risk being beaten by mad people.
edit on 10-2-2012 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind
As someone mentioned with power-lines suggesting it's unlikely to be a kite

If real, I think it's kites. It looks well out of the way of the power lines to me but in any case it's hard to judge distances etc.
Or it might NOT be real. Where are the multiple reports?
Maybe the heading should be 'a Chinese'

edit on 10-2-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
The interesting thing is: many people in China believe in dragons. Dragons are important in the Chinese folklore.

And where this dragon appears? In China...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
This thread is awesome... I had a strong feeling only just 2 days ago that i should come on ats and change my avatar to a dragon (tho i do like dragons, Im not a massive dragon fan, i dont have posters.. statues everywere like some) .. i just found this a very strange coincidence .. ive never used a dragon for any other thing on any other site let alone wallpaper or anything like that.... literally 2 days ago...this is what i thought "need new avatar... i cant think of anything... .. ( so i started to try and clear my mind, as one does when there trying to concentrate ) then PING! " Dragon" now dragons are back.... forgive me for this joke but...skyrim fans..
Maybe im dragonborn!!! ..probably not..
edit on 10-2-2012 by TripleDoubleSingle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
FWIW, the image in question has been around for a while. Much before 2012 I'm afraid. The "dragon" photo has been around since at least 17 July 2010:

July 17, 2010 - hot.3q3w.com...

July 20, 2010 - club.china.com...

July 10, 2011 - tt.mop.com...

July 24, 2011 - bbs.tiexue.net...

edit on 10-2-2012 by AnnunakiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Fake of course.

Nice photoshop though.

Chinese are world champ in hacking comp. btw.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnnunakiX
FWIW, the image in question has been around for a while. Much before 2012 I'm afraid. The "dragon" photo has been around since at least 10 July 2011:

July 10, 2011 - tt.mop.com...

July 24, 2011 - bbs.tiexue.net...

Well spotted!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by LordDrakula

As a welsh dragon what is all the fuss about. One . three billion can't all be wrong and that's only the Chinese. As for us welsh all dragons are loved. We don't fly around seeking out damsels in distress and chocolate box princesses, in fact we are a source of warmth and love.
Welshdragon

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

how do you explain all yhe people standing around watching it?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! (Deep breath)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (Second line)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
This serpent type dragon does not live in the sky, those are more bodied ones (sort of like T-Rex with wings). Serpent type probably lived in the water, because physically serpent types body is not made for flying.

Than again...

Dragon was probably a made up animal from uncovered Dinosaur bones in the long past.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join